hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Daniel McKay

Daniel McKay

Apologies if covered elsewhere. Fast becoming a forgotten man. Is he injured or just out of the squad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think he's injured, which is really unfortunate timing for him and for us as there is potentially an opportunity there for him.

Obviously Murphy being back helps but we're very reliant on Boyle and Murphy playing 90 minutes very week which is less than ideal.

James Scott should be in his way of getting in the team but he's not exactly hit the ground running (to put it politely) and McKay might have found himself getting some serious game time.

I hate to say it though - even though they were only brief glimpses, I wasn't mad on what I saw from McKay earlier this season either.

Young player though, playing at a higher level, and he deserves a bit of time to settle in and get going.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allyh1bs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apologies if covered elsewhere. Fast becoming a forgotten man. Is he injured or just out of the squad?

Think he got injured before Derby assume still out. Could have done with his pace as an option that is for sure.

Daniel Mackay- 27 mins of league football this season.

Drey Wright - 39 mins of league football this season.

Jamie Gullan - 19 mins of league football this season.

Simply has t had enough game time yet to know how good or otherwise he is
    Injury couldn’t of happened at a worse time
    With the American guy coming in in January and Doidge hopefully back fit and in first team and the young guy from Raith Joining us and new signings I wonder if he may need a loan period with recall just to get him back playing week in week out but Ross-will know what he thinks is best for him when fit again

Anyone been keeping an eye/ear out on Tait's form over at Raith?

Interested to know if people think he will be more of a squad player or first 11..

Also, where would he fit within our 4-2-3-1 formation..?

(really dislike that formation... bring back the 3-5-2, I'll take my grumblings on this elsewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve88 View Post

Interested to know if people think he will be more of a squad player or first 11..

(really dislike that formation... bring back the 3-5-2, I'll take my grumblings on this elsewhere)
    Definitely pushing first 11. Stand out in that league and chipping in with goals now too

Scored at the weekend, within 3 minutes of kicking off. Looks like a proper talent. Raith fans I know are gutted to be losing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I think he's injured, which is really unfortunate timing for him and for us as there is potentially an opportunity there for him.

Obviously Murphy being back helps but we're very reliant on Boyle and Murphy playing 90 minutes very week which is less than ideal.

James Scott should be in his way of getting in the team but he's not exactly hit the ground running (to put it politely) and McKay might have found himself getting some serious game time.

I hate to say it though - even though they were only brief glimpses, I wasn't mad on what I saw from McKay earlier this season either.

Young player though, playing at a higher level, and he deserves a bit of time to settle in and get going.
    Interesting, I thought the kid was incredibly exciting in the pre-season friendlies + early EUROPEAN games. Agreed though, rough diamond - needs polishing... I'd certainly put him ahead of Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Scored at the weekend, within 3 minutes of kicking off. Looks like a proper talent. Raith fans I know are gutted to be losing him.
    Good to hear. Don't suppose you're brave enough to suggest who he would replace in the first 11 if you were the man in charge..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post
    Definitely pushing first 11. Stand out in that league and chipping in with goals now too
    Excellent!!! Who would you drop out the first 11 in place of him if you had too...

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    He looks like a natural replacement for Scott Allan when I have seen him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    Let’s hope so

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    Plays deeper than Allan generally. I'd say he's like an early hibs career Mcgeouch type.

Excellent!!! Who would you drop out the first 11 in place of him if you had too...
    Last week nobody, this week everybody.

Interesting, I thought the kid was incredibly exciting in the pre-season friendlies + early EUROPEAN games. Agreed though, rough diamond - needs polishing... I'd certainly put him ahead of Scott
    Very, very raw imo.

I'm not against that - totally the opposite in fact. Taking someone like that and improving them is 100% the way I want to see Hibs go.

As I say, it's a shame he's injured as he might be in the team right now through necessity picking up exactly the experience he needs to improve.

I hope he's not another one of those who seems to get little opportunity bar maybe being punted out on loan to get more experience at what is a critical age for his development.

He just looked a bit short of being ready to start for us through choice to me, especially when there are good players like Boyle and Murphy around.