hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Celtic Tickets

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by OstKurve Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Al second that, all this constant negativity is sapping the life out this forum, especially negativity over games that havent even been played ffs !
    I tend to steer clear for a couple days after a bad defeat as this place saps yer soul, but we're 4 days post defeat and we've already lost a game in 3 days time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Fantastic contribution to the thread 10/10
    Fail to see how this weekend is a 'likely' defeat.

Testimonial Due
    Midweek, last weeks thumping, likely coming off the back of another loss this weekend and those ludicrous prices will see our lowest crowd against the old firm in many a year - minus last season obviously!!

33 quid for a midweek match in Scotland. I’d not be going at that price if I didn’t have my season ticket
    A likely loss? We won last time we played at Pittodrie and they're currently on an awful run. That win came after a grim home performance against St Johnstone. Two defeats and folk fair lose their heads on here.
    Last edited by HFC93; 20-10-2021 at 01:22 PM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Fantastic contribution to the thread 10/10
    He’s got a point though. Aberdeen are in brutal form right now.

United we stand here....

Wonder if Ron is looking at introducing Dynamic Pricing used in a number of American Sports.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    If I'm correct with my memory in that season ticket holders used to only have to miss 2 home matches before paying at the gate was more value for money, if we return to that sort of arrangement next year then gold season tickets are going to cost over £500 next season - around a 20% increase.

I'd need to seriously consider my options if that was to be the case.
    Likewise. Absolutely no way I could justify paying that unfortunately. I already rent alone in Edinburgh so can't afford something else that's hugely overpriced.

Let's hope the prices stay the same as this year 🤞.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Wonder if Ron is looking at introducing Dynamic Pricing used in a number of American Sports.
    What is dynamic pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Likewise. Absolutely no way I could justify paying that unfortunately. I already rent alone in Edinburgh so can't afford something else that's hugely overpriced.

Let's hope the prices stay the same as this year 🤞.
    I'd personally be expecting us to be regularly challenging for the title if we were charging that sort of price.

If I'm correct with my memory in that season ticket holders used to only have to miss 2 home matches before paying at the gate was more value for money, if we return to that sort of arrangement next year then gold season tickets are going to cost over £500 next season - around a 20% increase.

I'd need to seriously consider my options if that was to be the case.
    Hopefully won't be the case. If Dynamic Pricing is introduced you pay more for the big games and less for the games against the smaller teams. In most cases it works itself out and its still better to have a season ticket. A lot of people will be reluctant to renew if prices went up 20%,unless they offered food vouchers a bit like golf clubs do with bar vouchers. On second thoughts not a good idea given the quality of the food. Probably better with club shop vouchers, most people will spend more than the voucher was worth.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    What is dynamic pricing?
    Similar to what the airlines do I think. Vlad tried it at Hearts….

Hopefully won't be the case. If Dynamic Pricing is introduced you pay more for the big games and less for the games against the smaller teams. In most cases it works itself out and its still better to have a season ticket. A lot of people will be reluctant to renew if prices went up 20%,unless they offered food vouchers a bit like golf clubs do with bar vouchers. On second thoughts not a good idea given the quality of the food. Probably better with club shop vouchers, most people will spend more than the voucher was worth.
    Forgive my ignorance as I'm not familiar with the term dynamic pricing so I'm conscious it may have a specific definition but do we not already have this with category A, B and C games?

Or do you mean cheaper season tickets for people who are happy to attend Ross County or St Mirren games but wouldn't get Hearts, Rangers and Celtic on their season ticket?

If so I highly doubt many people will be interested in a season ticket that doesn't allow them to attend the big matches.

Forgive my ignorance as I'm not familiar with the term dynamic pricing so I'm conscious it may have a specific definition but do we not already have this with category A, B and C games?

Or do you mean cheaper season tickets for people who are happy to attend Ross County or St Mirren games but wouldn't get Hearts, Rangers and Celtic on their season ticket?

If so I highly doubt many people will be interested in a season ticket that doesn't allow them to attend the big matches.
    Its the cost of the tickets for walk ups. You charge more for Rangers Celtic Hearts, but walk ups for say Ross County are heavily discounted. A bit like the category A B C games but with wider differences in price from A to C. I think this works well in baseball and seems to encourage full stadiums.
    Sure it looks at real time demand so prices can be adjusted so if people don't want to pay £28 for Ross County you reduce the price.
    Last edited by gbhibby; 20-10-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Mental ticket prices, won’t be able to go too often as a result!

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/dynam...-malazgirt-mba
    Hope the link works explains dynamic pricing.

Its the cost of the tickets for walk ups. You charge more for Rangers Celtic Hearts, but walk ups for say Ross County are heavily discounted. A bit like the category A B C games but with wider differences in price from A to C. I think this works well in baseball and seems to encourage full stadiums.
    Gold areas make up the vast majority of the stadium, for category C matches this season it costs £28 to sit there and I can't see that price being reduced at all.

If that's going to be considered as a heavily discounted price, I can only imagine that category A games are maybe going to cost at least £40 which I think would be far too high.

Whatever they decide I can't see anything other than quite a steep increase in season ticket prices.

Gold areas make up the vast majority of the stadium, for category C matches this season it costs £28 to sit there and I can't see that price being reduced at all.

If that's going to be considered as a heavily discounted price, I can only imagine that category A games are maybe going to cost at least £40 which I think would be far too high.

Whatever they decide I can't see anything other than quite a steep increase in season ticket prices.
    Looks likely. Posted a link to an article on Dynamic Pricing could be an alternative as it still takes into account season ticket holders. Would you rather have no walk up sales at £30 or 1000 sales at £20. Ron is involved in the entertainment industry so will be aware of this concept.

Our income is already heavily skewed to gate money, but we need to be looking at other income streams, rather going back to the fans time and time again
    Unless we are top of the league and playing fantastic football, fans just won’t pay these high walk up prices
    Hibs are already losing fans, they need to find a way to get more in, and also getting younger fans in too
    FFL seems to be getting emptier every year!

You have to wonder what covid has done for football fans, are they now happy doing other things on match day, and tuning in to watch on TV

Season Tickets are getting a good discount on walk up this season possibly aimed at recoving lost ST sales next year. The 5&8 packages are better value too and target the big game hunters so the actual number of walk ups drops off accordingly.

With the variable pricing structure in place walk ups are for the guy who wants to turn up just before boarding expecting to get a £9.99 RyanAir ticket only to find the real price is 20 times as much.

Simple economics. Buy in big bulk get a big discount, buy in reasonable quantity get a smaller discount. Buy one you don't get one free.

No point in slashing the price of walk ups to a level that undermines ST and 5&8s if all you are adding is a few hundred to the crowd whilst missing out on thousand in revenue.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Our income is already heavily skewed to gate money, but we need to be looking at other income streams, rather going back to the fans time and time again
    Unless we are top of the league and playing fantastic football, fans just won’t pay these high walk up prices
    Hibs are already losing fans, they need to find a way to get more in, and also getting younger fans in too
    FFL seems to be getting emptier every year!

You have to wonder what covid has done for football fans, are they now happy doing other things on match day, and tuning in to watch on TV
    Is it all teams ? Or just us ….feels like we have been impacted more than most …wonder if that is the case, and why that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Is it all teams ? Or just us ….feels like we have been impacted more than most …wonder if that is the case, and why that would be.
    I’m not sure about other clubs. Hearts on the up as they’ve gone up a division. Think the Dons maybe similar to us
    Rangers and Celtic seem to be getting big crowds still

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Season Tickets are getting a good discount on walk up this season possibly aimed at recoving lost ST sales next year. The 5&8 packages are better value too and target the big game hunters so the actual number of walk ups drops off accordingly.

With the variable pricing structure in place walk ups are for the guy who wants to turn up just before boarding expecting to get a £9.99 RyanAir ticket only to find the real price is 20 times as much.

Simple economics. Buy in big bulk get a big discount, buy in reasonable quantity get a smaller discount. Buy one you don't get one free.

No point in slashing the price of walk ups to a level that undermines ST and 5&8s if all you are adding is a few hundred to the crowd whilst missing out on thousand in revenue.
    Would be interested to know how many of the 5&8 game packages have been sold but would guess not many.

I don’t think people are looking for a big discount as such, they just want it priced reasonably in the first place. Most people don’t buy a season ticket because it’s economically advantageous IMO. The current pricing for a walk up is going to stop people going though (and that’s not just at Hibs).

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Would be interested to know how many of the 5&8 game packages have been sold but would guess not many.

I don’t think people are looking for a big discount as such, they just want it priced reasonably in the first place. Most people don’t buy a season ticket because it’s economically advantageous IMO. The current pricing for a walk up is going to stop people going though (and that’s not just at Hibs).
    Think my season ticket works out at just over £22 per game, which I’m more than happy with
    The 3 away tickets I’m paying for this month, Aberdeen, Ross County and Livingston is averaging at £26.30, 2 of these games against smaller teams. Prices everywhere are rising significantly

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I’m not sure about other clubs. Hearts on the up as they’ve gone up a division. Think the Dons maybe similar to us
    Rangers and Celtic seem to be getting big crowds still
    You’re right about ticket prices ..I didn’t mind when Hibs kept their top tier prices when we were down in the championship. It felt like we were investing in getting back up ..but for years now we’ve been pricier than most. Isn’t really community friendly at a time when many are digging deeper

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I accept that an increase on ST is inevitable, and one of the consequences of “freezing” prices is that when you do increase them the increase can appear severe. Hopefully ST’s can remain good value as we have done so well to build up a healthy number committing.

£33 walk up prices is never going to build a strong walk-up base.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I accept that an increase on ST is inevitable, and one of the consequences of “freezing” prices is that when you do increase them the increase can appear severe. Hopefully ST’s can remain good value as we have done so well to build up a healthy number committing.

£33 walk up prices is never going to build a strong walk-up base.
    If fans are picking and choosing matches that walk up price might not put people off. Tends to be a special night under the floodlights. The opposition is a factor here as well when you go to the theatre you expected to pay more if you have a A class cast as opposed to a C class cast. I remember when we played Juventus in Europe and the ticket prices were double or treble the normal price. Tom Hart decided to do this and the press and supporters at the time were up in arms. There was nearly 29000 at the game, 5 of my Hearts supporting mates were at the game with me as they wanted to see some European football and Juventus were one of the top teams.
    The club will incur extra costs for the Celtic game so they will have taken that into account in pricing.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    £33 is just too expensive. Maybe Hibs are doing all they can to encourage season tickets? Walk ups paying £11 more than season ticket holders seems excessive.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson