hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen game

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have AST holder received their tickets yet? My money was taken last week but not received the tickets yet. Wondering if they are keeping them to send out with the Ross County tickets? Not been an issue before but I have not received a couple of things I ordered, in fact I have had no mail in over a week which is unusual given the amount of junk mail I get. Just starting to get worried now.
    I received mine last week.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    I received mine last week.
    Thanks, I will email the ticket office if they are not delivered today when I get back from work.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

If anyone wants a pre match laugh then give tonight’s sportsound a listen - not sure if the podcast is out yet. Dave Cormack has lost it already, some very strange comments

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    If anyone wants a pre match laugh then give tonight’s sportsound a listen - not sure if the podcast is out yet. Dave Cormack has lost it already, some very strange comments
    Was a tremendous listen. Made a fool of himself and his club.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

What was he saying??

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    What was he saying??
    Read Aberdeen fans on Twitter going radge as he was saying the MLS reserve league is more competitive than our championship. Seemed unclear if he was getting the name of our premier league wrong or if he was saying that where Glass has come from is a better grounding than if he’d been a manager in the Scottish championship before.

If we play the same way against Aberdeen we will lose, I think we will lose 1-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    We’ve managed to conjour up the occasional performance such as we saw yesterday under Jack Ross, but have never went into full slump.

Hopefully that continues and we bounce back like we have done before, but there was just something about that yesterday which is ringing the alarm bell for me a bit.
    I think that’s it, this sort of result crops up under Ross, but we don’t tend to end up in a prolonged crisis.

I think my thing with Ross is suspecting this is the biggest gig he’ll likely get, this could be the peak of his powers, never leading us into unbridled crisis, but likely never leading us to the sort of success that will get him a bigger job.

Safe, if not spectacular or particularly inspiring.

Was hilarious radio - definitely worth a listen.

I’m sure someone will post a link when they find it tomorrow.

The worry is Aberdeen haven’t won in so long they will see Hibs as a chance to change that.

Hibs record against Aberdeen has been woeful in recent seasons. We got the win in that last game but we need to beat them again more regularly.

I see Cormack has given Glass a vote of confidence. Most managers don't last long after that.

Personally I'm surprised Glass gave up what sounded a good life and pretty secure job in the States to come to Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    I see Cormack has given Glass a vote of confidence. Most managers don't last long after that.

Personally I'm surprised Glass gave up what sounded a good life and pretty secure job in the States to come to Pittodrie.
    That is good news for Saturday

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I would be tempted to go with this team in a 352/532:
    Macey
    Cadden McGinn/Wood Daz/Wood Hanlon Doig
    Gogic
    Newall Allan
    Nisbet Boyle

The formation worked well at Tynecastle and I think we tried too hard to accommodate Murphy on Saturday.
    Another poster mentioned having McGregor along side Wood to coach him through the game and I think that's a solid idea.
    Nisbet needs someone to partner him up front and Boyle needs to be in the team so its a win win. Also harder to mark someone out the game if they can use pace to get in behind.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Left by mutual consent!
    When a team needs something hibs recently oblige, united..hardly score goals, here have 3, aberdeen need a win...

Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post
    When a team needs something hibs recently oblige, united..hardly score goals, here have 3, aberdeen need a win...
    Livi need a win, we beat them easy, Celtic lose to them.

Ross county need a win, we beat them easy

St Johnstone need a win, we beat them, Aberdeen lose to them

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Nonsense post.

I'm all for analysing the defeat and trying to understand where we went wrong. What I cannot stomach is the way folk like to use a poor performance as an opportunity to indulge their over stimulated antipathy toward the club they , ahem, support.

First Team Breakthrough
    Aberdeen have given first leagues wins this season to St Johnstone, St Mirren and Dundee. Celtic got their first domestic away win since February against them as well.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Just listened personally thought he was ok. Quite a strong defence of Glass based on the recent stats. I think there are issues behind the scenes though hopefully we can take advantage however they still have a very decent squad. We will need to be miles better though. Getting the first goal could be huge.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Listened to it and they are saying that the centre halves are really easy to turn. I’d consider Boyle through the middle in such case.

Hopefully McGinn and Magennis are back for this one

I thought he spoke very well. A strong defense of the manager and the club.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    When teams are up for it against us, we rarely win.

If that’s passed you by over the last year or so then that’s fine, you’ll maybe notice it one day.

Jack Ross has built a really decent squad and in most games that’s enough, when a teams really up for it though we struggle. If you genuinely haven’t noticed that then I find that quite incredible.
    Jesus wept.

No need to have a peek at Kickback to see crap being posted about Hibs when you can get it all on here.

What a ridiculous post.

It's so bad, it's really not even worth arguing with you.

We only win when teams aren't up for it
    Last edited by allmodcons; 19-10-2021 at 11:19 AM.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post
    I’d have been raging if Ron turned up on the radio and went on like he did. Don’t think anyone would be defending our owner if we were in their shoes and were on a run of results like them. Should just keep quiet and let the manager get on with trying to turn it round on the park.

I'm definitely up for it.

Will that help?

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Jesus wept.

No need to have a peek at Kickback to see crap being posted about Hibs when you can get it all on here.

What a ridiculous post.

I don't think I agree fully with Bingo's post but I think there is possibly a decent point behind it.

Hibs struggle badly against very hard working, packed defensive teams who press us. These are the games we often struggle in and get our most disappointing results and performances in.

We do better either when the other team has decent amounts of possession and we can counter-attack, or when we're given space to play.

I wouldn't say it's easy to break down teams who press us but we're going to need to find a way to play better against that sort of approach.

Saturday reminded me a bit of the derby defeat before lockdown. Hearts pressed us all over the park and we just didn't have the answers to it. Midfielders who had previously looked good went to pieces. Defenders didn't want to give them the ball so lumped it. We found ourselves all over the shop against the worst team in the league just through them pressing us.

I'm not convinced it's about being "up for it" although that's what it can sometimes look like.

Match is on Alba at 6.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I would be tempted to go with this team in a 352/532:
    Macey
    Cadden McGinn/Wood Daz/Wood Hanlon Doig
    Gogic
    Newall Allan
    Nisbet Boyle

The formation worked well at Tynecastle and I think we tried too hard to accommodate Murphy on Saturday.
    Another poster mentioned having McGregor along side Wood to coach him through the game and I think that's a solid idea.
    Nisbet needs someone to partner him up front and Boyle needs to be in the team so its a win win. Also harder to mark someone out the game if they can use pace to get in behind.
    13 players would definitely help.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Was hilarious radio - definitely worth a listen.

I’m sure someone will post a link when they find it tomorrow.

The worry is Aberdeen haven’t won in so long they will see Hibs as a chance to change that.

Hibs record against Aberdeen has been woeful in recent seasons. We got the win in that last game but we need to beat them again more regularly.
    won the lastv2 games v Dons!

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post
    If Ron went on the radio and started making claims that other chairmen were congratulating him on losing performances I’d be embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Match is on Alba at 6.
    Handy to know, thanks.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Jesus wept.

What a ridiculous post.

I agree with Bingo on this so think your post is a bit off. It's not so simply about the effort the opposition put in but their style of play. If a team plays a compact formation with a high intensity pressing game we clearly struggle. Evidence supporting that would be games against Hearts, St Johnstone, last game v Dundee Utd (under their new manager).

We are better against more open teams who try to stretch the game or play with a bit less intensity where are ball players in midfield (JDH, Newell, Allan) have a bit more time and space. I think that's why we could beat Dundee Utd regularly last season - they were very open. Motherwell are also fairly open and concentrate more on what they do with the ball rather than stopping the opposition and again we tend to do well against them. Teams also tend to be a bit more open at home which might explain why we are probably better away from home than at ER.

That's not to say we don't have our good days but our midfield don't like being made to run up and down or being put under pressure and other than Magennis our midfield is pretty easily compartmentalised. The 1-3 loss to Hearts was pretty much a blueprint of how to beat us where we got overrun in midfield and Dundee Utd managed to do the same on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Convinced Aberdeen will win. All the hibs ingredients are there.

Seen this movie to many times.