hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Newcastle game suspended

Medical emergency apparently. Someone in the crowd I think??

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Yep...dier was motioning for a defibrillator....just awful.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Respect to the players for bringing it to the referee’s attention and requiring medical attention for the supporter.

@hibs.net private member
    Can’t understand why it is left to a player to physically run to the technical area and organise for the defibrillators.

Too many folk part of the event staff that are absolutely useless.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can’t understand why it is left to a player to physically run to the technical area and organise for the defibrillators.

Agreed mate. Everyone should have an understanding in what you need to do in such situations.
    CPR or First aid should be made mandatory in every walk of life, work places, clubs etc.

A guy I know is a season ticket holder at Spurs.

Someone in his section suffered a cardiac arrest - the guy I know was absolutely appalled at how poorly prepared they were for the situation and the poor chap passed away in spite of the guy I know’s best efforts.

The same thing happened again within the year and they’d improved their protocol by then. Once more, the guy I know had to give CPR and on this occasion the person lived.

It wasn’t all that long after the second incident that Fabrice Muamba suffered his cardiac arrest on the pitch there and the guy I know was at that game, but didn’t assist. I’m pretty sure a cardiologist in the crowd recognised what was going on, got involved and they overruled their usual protocols to get Muamba to the Royal London (?) Hospital ASAP.

This guy drummed into us the importance of being bang up to date with CPR training and if there are places we go regularly, to have a mental note of where the nearest defibrillator is, just in case.

As they were off field for a while is there a need to have full 15 min half time?

Hope the person recovers well.
    Cougars!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    I recall someone getting CPR at a Hibs game a few years back, may have been Killie 5-3 game. I was in the East looking over to the West and remember sheets going up to shield the person from view as they got the treatment they needed. Pretty sure all was well in the end, hope it’s the same outcome today. Sounds like they’ve been stabilised which is promising news.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post

These big security firms are a nightmare. Rapacious capitalists trying to screw profit everywhere, managing a poorly paid, poorly trained, itinerant workforce.

It’s a recipe for trouble.

Newcastle have tweeted the fan has been stabilised on the way to hospital. Hopefully that means it's a positive outcome.

I've seen a few incidents like this in grounds over the years, including one at ER, and generally the response has been slow. Stewards not knowing who to contact, first aiders and paramedics not knowing where to go and so on. It really shouldn't be up to a player to highlight something like this.

Anyway fingers crossed for a good outcome on this ocassion.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

All the protocols come to nothing when the poop hits the fan and the guys in the high viz jaickets are a bunch of ignorant oafs.

Glad to hear the fan is recovering

I’ve always wondered what training these stewards get, the majority of them also seem to have no form of communication with anyone in form of a radio or the likes

I’ve always wondered how they would attract attention should they come across something for example at the top of the east stand

These companies will be getting paid big bucks from clubs/events and I bet in a real emergency half of them wouldn’t know what to do because they haven’t been told

The one place I’ve been where I’ve always felt the stewarding was top notch was the hydro in Glasgow, they are always knowledgeable, friendly and seem to have it all under control, I guess that’s what you get when you do events every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Happened down at Killie. Boy didn’t survive but the game went on for ages whilst the guy was being worked on just off the pitch. Eventually stopped with players taken off and the game eventually abandoned.
    Last edited by greenlex; 18-10-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    I recall someone getting CPR at a Hibs game a few years back, may have been Killie 5-3 game. I was in the East looking over to the West and remember sheets going up to shield the person from view as they got the treatment they needed. Pretty sure all was well in the end, hope it’s the same outcome today. Sounds like they’ve been stabilised which is promising news.
    I was a few rows down from that incident. People were move away whilst treatment took place. Was very surprised that the game was not stopped at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    I was a few rows down from that incident. People were move away whilst treatment took place. Was very surprised that the game was not stopped at the time.
    I was a couple of rows in front of the incident... I'm pretty sure it was a lady that took ill but fairly certain she was taken to hospital and made a recovery.
    Absolutely horrible thing to witness and massive respect to ghe medics who treated the person.