hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doyle Hayes

Doyle Hayes

Were St Mirren fans right? Huge tail off from him in the last month.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I thought they were disappointed to lose him…

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Were St Mirren fans right? Huge tail off from him in the last month.
    St mirren fans weren't happy he left

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I thought they were disappointed to lose him…
    They were.

I think the guy has struggled to get back to full fitness after getting Covid, hopefully it comes back soon because he's cool operator on the ball.

He’s a good player and I think the absence of Magennis isn’t helping with his current form.

I do remember reading that he started off very good but then tailed off and wasn’t as influential.

Fwiw I think he’s a really good player with lots of top attritbutes, he was poor yesterday but no need to overthink it IMO.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I hope he shows more than he did yesterday, a performance Brian Kerr would be proud of.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

So he’s gone from being our best signing to a write off. Ffs.

I get criticising him for having a bad game but the implication that ‘maybe he’s actually just tom kite’ because he’s had a poor game is ridiculous

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    He and Newell are too alike. Can't have both in the team. It's like having 2 Mallans playing defensive mid. Can't defend and shield the defence and both slow the game down playing 5 yard passes in slow motion. Both got torn apart by a much more mobile Dundee United midfield.

Fuchs is a good player, mobile and contributes at both ends of the pitch. Exactly what we needed in midfield.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    So he’s gone from being our best signing to a write off. Ffs.
    I think someone said on another thread you can take the average as the last game played? Which means that you disregard all the 7, 8 and 9 out of 10 games he’s played this season - take the 4/10 from yesterday and say his average this season is 4/10.

Wasn’t my understanding of averages but happy to bow to the superior knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I think someone said on another thread you can take the average as the last game played? Which means that you disregard all the 7, 8 and 9 out of 10 games he’s played this season - take the 4/10 from yesterday and say his average this season is 4/10.

Wasn’t my understanding of averages but happy to bow to the superior knowledge.
    Indeed. It certainly wasnt what i said. He’s been one of our top performers. A stand out in most games. On average he remains one of our top performers. Clear that some can’t wait for a few more poor games.

I think Covid maybe still maybe effecting him, it can take many weeks to get your strength and energy back after it.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    He and Newell are too alike. Can't have both in the team. It's like having 2 Mallans playing defensive mid. Can't defend and shield the defence and both slow the game down playing 5 yard passes in slow motion. Both got torn apart by a much more mobile Dundee United midfield.

Fuchs is a good player, mobile and contributes at both ends of the pitch. Exactly what we needed in midfield.
    They aren’t alike at all. And they’ve played together in many of our best performances this season.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    They aren’t alike at all. And they’ve played together in many of our best performances this season.
    How are they not alike? Both drop deep to get ball. Neither drive forward with the ball and neither are particularly good at defending.

How are they not alike? Both drop deep to get ball. Neither drive forward with the ball and neither are particularly good at defending.
    From “ball.” Everything thing you’ve said is just wrong.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Newell is very good at winning the ball - I think it goes unnoticed as he almost always stays on his feet.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Newell is very good at winning the ball - I think it goes unnoticed as he almost always stays on his feet.
    Yepp. Glad we’re agreeing again 😜
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Opinions eh. I thought they looked like they were both trying to do the same job. Not the first time I’ve seen them side by side looking like the same player.

They may be able to play in the same team but quite why Ross has both of them sitting in the same position that only needs one player I have no idea.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    How is it wrong? Look at the average positions of the Dundee United midfield and JDH and Newells. If you think they drive forward and close down and get stuck in then I think we watched different game.

I'm not even criticising them. I'm just saying they both are very similar. It's like playing with 2 McGeouch type players. Tidy on the ball but never going to break the lines. I'd prefer a more combative player to protect our shoddy defence.

Gamer IDs

Nothing alike

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Nothing alike
    Do people actually watch the football?

How would you describe the two? Is one box to box and one a defensive unit protecting the defence? One take the ball from the defence and drive the team forward 30 yards?

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Opinions eh. I thought they looked like they were both trying to do the same job. Not the first time I’ve seen them side by side looking like the same player.

They may be able to play in the same team but quite why Ross has both of them sitting in the same position that only needs one player I have no idea.
    I’m not talking about the game yesterday just to be clear. As I’ve not even seen it as I’m away on holiday. But they have played that formation together in the fast majority of games when they have been fit. And they have performed well in those games. JDH and Newell have great stats for defensive tackles and Newell stats for passes that end in chances are very high. It was only 2 games ago that everyone was saying how great they are.

How would you describe the two? Is one box to box and one a defensive unit protecting the defence? One take the ball from the defence and drive the team forward 30 yards?
    Newell plays much higher up the pitch than JDH. But he also comes deep as required.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    I’m not talking about the game yesterday just to be clear. As I’ve not even seen it as I’m away on holiday. But they have played that formation together in the fast majority of games when they have been fit. And they have performed well in those games. JDH and Newell have great stats for defensive tackles and Newell stats for passes that end in chances are very high. It was only 2 games ago that everyone was saying how great they are.
    "Everyone was saying how great they are". I wasn't for a start. Again I'm not slating them as players but when we attack we need more advancement in the middle of the pitch I think that's why Magennis was missed badly. No presence even close to Nisbet.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    And Newell’s interception stats have always been good too. In fact, he’s been my player of the season so far.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Newell plays much higher up the pitch than JDH. But he also comes deep as required.
    Much higher? Not sure why Nisbet is so isolated then.

Funny how Allan was playing attacking midfield and rarely saw Newell alongside him...

They are both deep playmakers. Drop deep and shift the ball.

Gamer IDs

It’s not football manager on the pc. It’s real life.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    It’s not football manager on the pc. It’s real life.
    Well describe how you think they are nothing alike then. They play in the same unit of the pitch - midfield. So there is one similarity. Sorry, is "midfield" a football manager term as well?

Gamer IDs

Well describe how you think they are nothing alike then. They play in the same unit of the pitch - midfield. So there is one similarity. Sorry, is "midfield" a football manager term as well?
    You’re right. They both play in “midfield” so they’re similar players. Sorry. They must be the same type of player as Gogic tae then.

Newell drives the ball up the park and JDH never does. JDH recycles it, to Newell. Not sure what the football manager terms would be though.