Legends
    Big love tae the Hibees

2. Log in to remove the advert

But sh*te against United. 🙃

Lovin' the positivity though, keep it up. 👍

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    But we lost a game though

Left by mutual consent!
    I think most of us are hurting after what was a humiliating defeat yesterday by a team that I genuinely don’t rate as being a good side.

There’s a time and place for positivity but let’s be honest, I think most of us are worried about the lack of depth in our squad.
    Yesterday highlighted that we are way short.

As supporters we’ve gone from hoping we can beat Rangers last weekend and compete for top spot to fold spectacularly to a home defeat by Dundee United.

Anyone who’s pretending to be positive after this has probably been smoking the happy fags.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think most of us are hurting after what was a humiliating defeat yesterday by a team that I genuinely don’t rate as being a good side.

There’s a time and place for positivity but let’s be honest, I think most of us are worried about the lack of depth in our squad.
    Yesterday highlighted that we are way short.

As supporters we’ve gone from hoping we can beat Rangers last weekend and compete for top spot to fold spectacularly to a home defeat by Dundee United.

Anyone who’s pretending to be positive after this has probably been smoking the happy fags.
    I'm disappointed about yesterday's result and performance, but I'm positive that we'll bounce back.

Last year we lost 0-2 at home to Ross County and followed it up with a 3-0 loss at Livingston. We finished third.

I'm not pretending and I don't smoke!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I'm disappointed about yesterday's result and performance, but I'm positive that we'll bounce back.

Last year we lost 0-2 at home to Ross County and followed it up with a 3-0 loss at Livingston. We finished third.

This is where I am with it all. I recall after the two games you highlighted, we had the exact same reaction on here- team was in decline, Ross needing emptied and the season was over.

Think it turned out not too bad with finishing third and Europe.

Every season will have a blip. I’m hoping yesterday was that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

We won’t finish third this season. I’ll tell you that for nothing. The writing is on the wall and it’s been clear for a few weeks amongst supporters who know a good side when we see one.

I really don’t see were you get your optimism from, perhaps you’d like to explain and put the rest of us realists at ease.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Dundee United beat Rangers earlier in the season in a fantastic performance and they’re a side that when they’re good, they’re excellent but can equally be atrocious too.

If we get back to our best next time around then yesterday will be written off as an off day and we can get back to moving up the table.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    We won’t finish third this season. I’ll tell you that for nothing. The writing is on the wall and it’s been clear for a few weeks amongst supporters who know a good side when we see one.

I really don’t see were you get your optimism from, perhaps you’d like to explain and put the rest of us realists at ease.
    The explanation is in my post.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Lucky supporters like you that know a good side when they see one are here to keep the rest of us right. What would we do without you?

Even before yesterday we were looking at 4th after draws against Dundee & St Mirren which is -4 points on expected return. Another point gone yesterday makes it -5.
    Hearts on the other hand have -2 from a draw against Ross Co but +3 against Celtic +2 against Dundee Utd and +1 against Rangers giving them a grand total of +4 points on my expected points schedule.
    -5 to +4 is 9 points so we are well behind Hearts as things stand with Aberdeen and Celtic to play to complete our 1st round of fixtures. Hearts have Dundee & St Johnstone.
    We need to win more than 1 point or for Hearts to drop points in the 2 fixtures to close the gap.
    Thereafter we have to keep the gap as small as possible to Hearts to give us a chance to catch up when our squad is bolstered by Doidge, Mueller and the kid from Raith Rovers as well as Hallberg and Mackie.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 17-10-2021 at 06:36 PM.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I remember a lot of “realist” posters last season saying we were terrible and would be lucky to finish top six.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    We might finish top 4, if this Dundee Utd run is a bit of a purple patch for them.

We have Aberdeen and Celtic and Hearts have Dundee and St Johnstone in the next two sets of games. At best, we are getting 3 points and unfortunately it's difficult to see them dropping any points from those games. So we're likely to be 7 points behind them (if we can win at Aberdeen). Even at this stage, with the way we're playing, it's going to be very hard to see us getting 3rd.

The fitbaw folk ken whats going on

Same daft posts were made last season. We are still well in the race for 3rd, only someone who has never watched a football season unfold would say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

Same daft posts were made last season. We are still well in the race for 3rd, only someone who has never watched a football season unfold would say otherwise.
    I have no idea how this season is going to unfold.

We're hot and cold and over the past couple of games I've seen us play like a team who were in front at the home of the champions and about to go top of the league and then also look as hopeless as our worst relegation teams.

It could go either way, or in all likelihood somewhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I have no idea how this season is going to unfold.

We're hot and cold and over the past couple of games I've seen us play like a team who were in front at the home of the champions and about to go top of the league and then also look as hopeless as our worst relegation teams.

It could go either way, or in all likelihood somewhere in between.
    We've had one really bad match. About 5 or 6 good ones. I'll take that ratio

We've had one really bad match. About 5 or 6 good ones. I'll take that ratio
    Yeah, on balance I think I'd agree.

We've already blocked out the fact that we played some great stuff at points earlier this season.

Even the best teams have dips in form.

The players missing on Saturday really proved their importance to the side through their absence and they should all be back fairly soon.

Definitely still plenty to be positive about but we can't just ignore how badly Saturday went or the fact that we seem to have that type of performance in us.

Left by mutual consent!

I would be very surprised if we finished above the Hearts this season.
    Hope I'm wrong and would be happy to come on and apologise.
    Our squad is very limited and Doidge is a huge miss.

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    I would be very surprised if we finished above the Hearts this season.
    Hope I'm wrong and would be happy to come on and apologise.
    Our squad is very limited and Doidge is a huge miss.
    Our squad is no worse than theirs. We've just had some bad injuries. Its a 38 game season, nothing is decided yet. They were top at this stage a few years ago and finished behind us.

Our squad is no worse than theirs. We've just had some bad injuries. Its a 38 game season, nothing is decided yet. They were top at this stage a few years ago and finished behind us.
    There has also been talk of Doidge being back in November. The significance of this should not be underestimated.

Saturday was horrific but we were without some very important players. Take players of the importance of Doidge, Magennis, Porteous and McGinn out of the Hearts and team and they'd be likely to pick up the odd woeful result as well.