Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Reaction

Coaching Staff
    Same old softness about us.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same old softness about us.
    It's not softness. Maybe if we played well and buggered it.. We literally just played football much worse than the other team. 11 players were terrible really. Well, 12 and the boss.

I think this summers recruitment was the main issue highlighted yesterday. It was no secret that we didn’t get bodies in the door but we’ve been getting away with it while the majority of the squad was fit.

Once we get the majority of Porto, McGinn, Doidge and Magennis back then we should be fine and hopefully limo through to the January transfer window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    One real bad defeat along with countless insipid displays of boring and at times very lucky results, dont give a monkee about the sheep its Hibs that could go into a tumble if we aint careful.
    A tumble lol,what dizzy heights were we at that ?

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    A tumble lol,what dizzy heights were we at that ?
    1-0 up at Ibrox in the game before yesterday's were we not looking at going top if the score stayed the same?

I agree we've not been all that impressive this season but results had been decent enough and we were unbeaten in the league until that game.

It would definitely be a tumble if we keep the pattern of poor results up.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibette Seven View Post
    Lennon’s team were better to watch than what we’ve got just now, but Stubbs sent out a green team that were easy on the eye and EXCITING to watch.
    Jack Ross is a limited manager, obsessed by mediocre midfielders.
    He hasn’t a clue about defence or attack, and I fear we’ll be found out this season.
    His recruitment, last transfer window was diabolical. I see Leigh scored for Dundee tonight. If only. Watch him go now. Who will score more goals this season? Overrated Kevin Nisbet, or OUR man Griffiths. Time will tell......
    Jack Ross is NOT what we need. I will never forgive him for the cup final performance against St Johnstone. The man is a big snore, not what is needed at Easter Road.
    Our man griffiths…deary me.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

There is a real possibility that we will lose our next 2 games. Our record at pittodrie is abysmal and we’ve not beaten Celtic for god knows how long.

4 league defeats on the spin and a trip to Dingwall to come.

I’ve said it since day 1. JR is a decent manager but he’s not what we need if we want to be consistently challenging at the top end of the league and winning cups.

If we finish higher than 5th it’ll be a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    There is a real possibility that we will lose our next 2 games. Our record at pittodrie is abysmal and we’ve not beaten Celtic for god knows how long.

I’ve said it since day 1. JR is a decent manager but he’s not what we need if we want to be consistently challenging at the top end of the league and winning cups.

Won our last one at Pittodrie though.

Our 1st there in about 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Our man griffiths…deary me.
    Bet you weren’t saying deary me when he was knocking goals in for fun at ER ....???
    Im not interested in what he does off the park. But I really would like to see some SPARKS on it.
    Getting hammered at home by Dundee United is just the start. We’ve been found out and our lack of depth, squad wise, is down to our snore of a manager.
    Couldn’t motivate his own players for a Scottish Cup final, against a so called lesser team.
    I rest my case.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

There is also a real possibility that we will win, funny that

@hibs.net private member
    Bet you weren’t saying deary me when he was knocking goals in for fun at ER ....???
    Im not interested in what he does off the park. But I really would like to see some SPARKS on it.
    Getting hammered at home by Dundee United is just the start. We’ve been found out and our lack of depth, squad wise, is down to our snore of a manager.
    Couldn’t motivate his own players for a Scottish Cup final, against a so called lesser team.
    I rest my case.
    I see you are doing your best to up your annual post

I rest my case

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    I see you are doing your best to up your annual post

I rest my case
    I’ll be catching you up before you know it.
    Watch out.

I rest my case.
    Do you know the lack of depth is down to our manager? Do you know he couldnt motivate the players, must be quite interesting working at the club like you clearly do

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    The lunatic fringe is strong on this one. Keep it up, it brightens up my morning after such a shoddy Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    Do you know the lack of depth is down to our manager? Do you know he couldnt motivate the players, must be quite interesting working at the club like you clearly do
    The evidence suggests that (every so often at least) he can't motivate the players and the lack of urgency at home is troubling. In the dim and distant past I remember Yogis teams blasting out the traps and literally forcing teams back; I know it all went wrong quickly enough. We are far too measured, but maybe the game has changed.........

Think he’s been let down by the club on the squad front.

But there is pretty clear evidence, in the way that we’re starting games at ER, that he’s not getting them particularly motivated before kick off. The last two were dreadful first halves with a bit of improvement second half. Yesterday just remained dreadful and the showed a total lack of appetite for the game, which was more of a concern than being dreadful for me.

Erm.....is that not his job ???
    To assemble a squad, and to put a team out on the park that’s maybe a wee bit fired up, with the Scottish Cup 90 mins away ?
    You could have a point though, as perhaps he organises the half time refreshments and the laundry.
    And someone else organises the actual football.
    Nice that they allow him to strut about in the dug out area though, as if he IS in charge of the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Think he’s been let down by the club on the squad front.

But there is pretty clear evidence, in the way that we’re starting games at ER, that he’s not getting them particularly motivated before kick off. The last two were dreadful first halves with a bit of improvement second half. Yesterday just remained dreadful and the showed a total lack of appetite for the game, which was more of a concern than being dreadful for me.
    None of us know what goes on before a game and if players cant get motivated for a game there are bigger issues i think, yesterday was a big let down and feel that JR was responsible for bits as his game management was poor but some of the reactions have been mental

Erm.....is that not his job ???
    To assemble a squad, and to put a team out on the park that’s maybe a wee bit fired up, with the Scottish Cup 90 mins away ?
    You could have a point though, as perhaps he organises the half time refreshments and the laundry.
    And someone else organises the actual football.
    Nice that they allow him to strut about in the dug out area though, as if he IS in charge of the first team.
    Its like having a conversation with a child, ill stick you on ignore now i think to stop my brain from hurting

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Definitely questions to be asked of Ross and most of the players after yesterday.

But some of the chat on this thread is ridiculous.

We've got a terrible defence that conceded by far and away the least goals outside of the old firm last season - much less than st Johnstone who many posters would have had us sign their whole back 5 in the summer.

Will be a miracle if we finish top 5? Which 5 clubs are coming ahead of us like? Will quite clearly be us and hearts in a fight for third, which they have the edge in just now. Similar hyperbole was spouted after the Livingston and county games last season, with posters saying we'd be lucky to finish top 6, could get sucked into relegation battle, etc. And we ended up comfortably third.

Anyone saying this side under Lennon would be better clearly forgot about the days pre hecky in 18/19. That was a team that was never going to come top 6.

Its like having a conversation with a child, ill stick you on ignore now i think to stop my brain from hurting
    Is that really the best you can do ?
    Looks like you can’t motivate yourself either.
    Or perhaps my job description of a football manager is in actual fact a correct one.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    1-0 up at Ibrox in the game before yesterday's were we not looking at going top if the score stayed the same?

I agree we've not been all that impressive this season but results had been decent enough and we were unbeaten in the league until that game.

It would definitely be a tumble if we keep the pattern of poor results up.
    All if's ..... we've hardly been blazing a trail.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    I don’t think there is any way we can say we are in a decline, never mind a rapid one. The improvement since Ross came in from Hecky is obvious. For me the improvement in our best XI compared to last season has also improved, JDH in for Gogic and a fit Magennis/Allan ahead of Irvine make us a better side. It’s a hard thing to say after yesterday but our style has improved this season. At periods in games this season we have played some great football, better than last season

I get the point on first half displays at home not being great but I think we have still not been in much danger in these games while being poor in attack. It has been rectified in the second half as well with one sub or a tactical switch. Yesterday was an aberration, I didn’t see any similarities to that than in previous games this season. It was exceptionally poor.

I think there are a lot of factors in why we are sitting outside the top 4 for the first time in however long. The quality of the league has went up, we have been fairly unlucky with injuries and our recruitment in terms of depth hasn’t been able to stand up to it.

We were lucky January onwards last season that we didn’t have too many injuries and when we were short the quality of opposition wasn’t able to capitalise (although no striker on the bench at the cup final was terrible). JR is not immune to criticism for yesterday as we were outworked by Utd and that is never acceptable, but when he looked to his bench their would have been an element of wtf am I supposed to do with that I reckon. We need to have a strong January window and hope in the short term we get players like Magennis and McGinn back in asap.

I can still see progress being made in this team which is why I really like JR but we need to make sure our recruitment is in line with the rest of the league who are also making good progress so that last seasons gap from the majority remains.

Our 1st there in about 10 years

And its 7 since Celtic won at ER in the league.

We were poor and punchless. Took me back to the St Johnstone cup games last season.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    We were poor and punchless. Took me back to the St Johnstone cup games last season.
    Do you think we’ll win another game this season?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I rest my case.
    No I wasn’t believe it or not. Of course this was years before some very very questionable off the park behaviour.

Griffiths could have come back in the summer IMO, if he hadn’t signed a new deal a Celtic. He had his chance, he is not interested in playing for us. End of story.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    It's not softness. Maybe if we played well and buggered it.. We literally just played football much worse than the other team. 11 players were terrible really. Well, 12 and the boss.
    How is it possible for an entire team to play c**p? I never get why this can be the case. Sure, a couple of players mught have a stinker but that's surely when you rely on the others to dig deeper. It must come down to collective attitude, which on Saturday appeared to be shockingly poor.
    Last edited by He's here!; 18-10-2021 at 09:36 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Its been quite sone time since we’ve had such a poor dissapointing result like today.
    It used to happen alot.

We’re still in a far better place than we’ve been in the not too distant past.

These points are why we are seeing such a poor reaction to the result at the weekend.