hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Reaction

Hybrid View

First Reaction

Know that your first reaction is not always the best reaction and it's possibly not wise posting so soon after today's performance. But this team/squad/management is on a rapid decline.

I have watched all of Hibs games either in person or on TV for the last year and performances are getting worse. I must be honest first and say I still have a fair degree of bitterness that the club missed two prime opportunities to win both cups last year. While 3rd was merited last season, I also feel that the main reasons we finished 3rd last year was that Aberdeen were poor and Hearts were not in the league. We still finished miles behind Rangers and Celtic.

This management and squad does not have the desire/drive of the teams I watched under Stubbs and Lennon. Know we did not win every game under Stubbs/Lennon, but I miss going along to Easter Road knowing beforehand that we were going to be attacking and put any team that came to our place under pressure. The atmosphere at Easter Road under Stubbs/Lennons' management was so much better..

Just now we are passive and soft. Today was shocking to watch.

I like Ross. He is a competent and progressive manager, but are we going to get any better under him?. I have watched Hibs enough under Ross to understand how he sets us up. We are a counter-attacking team with a weak underbelly (defence). He has had almost 2 years to get the defence sorted out but I have not seen any improvement. Is it his fault or the recruitment team? I'm not sure, but he must take some responsibility for it.

I'm going out on a limb here......I would love to see Lennon back at Hibs. He would shake this lot up and he would be as good as anyone available out there there to get us moving forward again.

We were nasty, hard to beat and attacked teams under him.

Anyway, these are my thoughts just now and a lot of people out there would not give Lennon house room.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    😂😂
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Not for me.

Where do we go from here?

No idea but what I do know is that I dont have much faith in this Hibs team or manager, it has to get better does it not?

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No idea but what I do know is that I dont have much faith in this Hibs team or manager, it has to get better does it not?
    Its been one bad defeat, could understand this reaction if we were in aberdeens position

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    Its been one bad defeat, could understand this reaction if we were in aberdeens position
    We've had more than one bad defeat under Ross. Where would we be without Boyle's penalties? People said we had a good start to the season...since Doidge's injury have we actually been good?

We are primed to fall down the league. Nisbet is useless up front on his own. Newell and Doyle-Hayes slow the game down to a snoozefest.

We are being ruthless with other staff at the club. Only fair to do the same across the board. Ross' position needs looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    We've had more than one bad defeat under Ross. Where would we be without Boyle's penalties? People said we had a good start to the season...since Doidge's injury have we actually been good?

We are primed to fall down the league. Nisbet is useless up front on his own. Newell and Doyle-Hayes slow the game down to a snoozefest.

We are being ruthless with other staff at the club. Only fair to do the same across the board. Ross' position needs looked at.
    Away and dont talk rubbish, the managers position certainly doesnt need looked at, again typical over reaction from some on this board, its actually laughable sometimes reading the rubbish

One real bad defeat along with countless insipid displays of boring and at times very lucky results, dont give a monkee about the sheep its Hibs that could go into a tumble if we aint careful.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    One real bad defeat along with countless insipid displays of boring and at times very lucky results, dont give a monkee about the sheep its Hibs that could go into a tumble if we aint careful.
    A tumble lol,what dizzy heights were we at that ?

Massive decline, today was bad but Jesus there arent half some over reactions on here when we get beat

@hibs.net private member
    Today's performance can be adequately summed up by three words - insipidly abysmal pish!

We had three players given a chance to shine and claim a first team jersey today in Nathan Woods, Chris Cadden and James Scott and it's fair to say that none of them grabbed that chance with any conviction. Not that any of the first team regulars put in a performance to remember.

An utterly gash performance that shows how paper thin our squad really is in certain areas.

First Team Breakthrough
    Massive decline, today was bad but Jesus there arent half some over reactions on here when we get beat
    Yeah was probs worst hibs performance I’ve saw for good while but we’ll bounce back

And how was it when good old Lenny left us?

How many times have we had this Lennon discussion?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    They're back!

Personnally think we would be worse off if Lennon was in charge.... anyway hes been and gone and so have threads about him.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Know that your first reaction is not always the best reaction and it's possibly not wise posting so soon after today's performance. But this team/squad/management is on a rapid decline.

I have watched all of Hibs games either in person or on TV for the last year and performances are getting worse. I must be honest first and say I still have a fair degree of bitterness that the club missed two prime opportunities to win both cups last year. While 3rd was merited last season, I also feel that the main reasons we finished 3rd last year was that Aberdeen were poor and Hearts were not in the league. We still finished miles behind Rangers and Celtic.

This management and squad does not have the desire/drive of the teams I watched under Stubbs and Lennon. Know we did not win every game under Stubbs/Lennon, but I miss going along to Easter Road knowing beforehand that we were going to be attacking and put any team that came to our place under pressure. The atmosphere at Easter Road under Stubbs/Lennons' management was so much better..

I like Ross. He is a competent and progressive manager, but are we going to get any better under him?. I have watched Hibs enough under Ross to understand how he sets us up. We are a counter-attacking team with a weak underbelly (defence). He has had almost 2 years to get the defence sorted out but I have not seen any improvement. Is it his fault or the recruitment team? I'm not sure, but he must take some responsibility for it.

I'm going out on a limb here......I would love to see Lennon back at Hibs. He would shake this lot up and he would be as good as anyone available out there there to get us moving forward again.

Anyway, these are my thoughts just now and a lot of people out there would not give Lennon house room.
    I agree with much of your post to be honest.

I suspect this team is on the decline a bit from last season, I do think we’re soft and I would like us to have more fire in the belly.

You lost me with the chat of Lennon coming back though.

First Team Breakthrough
    No lennon but we are desperate for a born leader on the pitch, and why when edwards and mulgrew were winning every ball into the penalty box we still punt the ball into that area, schoolboy stuff

Ross needs a marquee result - beat either of the old firm (which we’ve not done for donkeys, and never under Ross) would be a start? Pumping Hesrts would be nice too but we don’t play them again.until the next year.

Agreed with a lot of this post until Lennon. No thanks.

@hibs.net private member
    We’re not a good team.

Four points behind Hearts shows that.
    Draw away to Dundee shows that.
    Draw at home to St Mirren shows that.
    Pumped 3-0 at home to Dundee Utd shows that.

Poor start to the season. Anyone that says otherwise is a twit.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    We’re not a good team.

It’s been an average start to the season. We’re only 5 points off the top.

As soon as the transfer window closed though, it was clear that we were in trouble.

We need to scrape what we can between now and January and have options in place to hit the ground running as soon as the window opens.

This squad simply isn’t good enough and tbf Ross has probably done well to get the results with it that he has.

Today - a hiding from someone - was coming.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    We’re not a good team.

We’re not morally 4 points behind them though.

Oh and hi Steve - good to see you back on here. See you next time we lose no doubt.

Its been quite sone time since we’ve had such a poor dissapointing result like today.
    It used to happen alot.
    We’re still in a far better place than we’ve been in the not too distant past.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Its been quite sone time since we’ve had such a poor dissapointing result like today.
    It used to happen alot.

We’re still in a far better place than we’ve been in the not too distant past.

These points are why we are seeing such a poor reaction to the result at the weekend.

Stubbly

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post

Lennon’s team were better to watch than what we’ve got just now, but Stubbs sent out a green team that were easy on the eye and EXCITING to watch.
    Jack Ross is a limited manager, obsessed by mediocre midfielders.
    He hasn’t a clue about defence or attack, and I fear we’ll be found out this season.
    His recruitment, last transfer window was diabolical. I see Leigh scored for Dundee tonight. If only. Watch him go now. Who will score more goals this season? Overrated Kevin Nisbet, or OUR man Griffiths. Time will tell......
    Jack Ross is NOT what we need. I will never forgive him for the cup final performance against St Johnstone. The man is a big snore, not what is needed at Easter Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibette Seven View Post
    Lennon’s team were better to watch than what we’ve got just now, but Stubbs sent out a green team that were easy on the eye and EXCITING to watch.
    Jack Ross is a limited manager, obsessed by mediocre midfielders.
    He hasn’t a clue about defence or attack, and I fear we’ll be found out this season.
    His recruitment, last transfer window was diabolical. I see Leigh scored for Dundee tonight. If only. Watch him go now. Who will score more goals this season? Overrated Kevin Nisbet, or OUR man Griffiths. Time will tell......
    Jack Ross is NOT what we need. I will never forgive him for the cup final performance against St Johnstone. The man is a big snore, not what is needed at Easter Road.
    Please don't call Griffiths our man. Hibs don't employ nonces.

Coaching Staff
    Same old softness about us.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Same old softness about us.
    It's not softness. Maybe if we played well and buggered it.. We literally just played football much worse than the other team. 11 players were terrible really. Well, 12 and the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    It's not softness. Maybe if we played well and buggered it.. We literally just played football much worse than the other team. 11 players were terrible really. Well, 12 and the boss.
    How is it possible for an entire team to play c**p? I never get why this can be the case. Sure, a couple of players mught have a stinker but that's surely when you rely on the others to dig deeper. It must come down to collective attitude, which on Saturday appeared to be shockingly poor.
    Last edited by He's here!; 18-10-2021 at 09:36 AM.