hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Reaction

First reactions are almost always knee jerk.

The football might no be as fluid as under Stubbs/Lennon but we're grinding out results that under those two widnae have happened.

Rangers was always gonnae be tricky and we got severely shafted by the ref. Saturday was one of those games where we didnae turn up.

Next two games are winnable and we should be coming oot of them with 4 points minimum.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is it possible for an entire team to play c""p? I never get why this can be the case. Sure, a couple of players mught have a stinker but that's surely when you rely on the others to dig deeper. It must come down to collective attitude, which on Saturday appeared to be shockingly poor.
    It did come across that way.

Having had a bit of time to think about Saturday I think it comes down to a few points.

1 As mentioned the attitude of the players did not come across as anything other than uncaring with the exception of Boyle and Murphy who I felt continually tried to make things happen.

2 Our final ball was very very poor, I don't remember a game where so many balls in to the box didn't clear the first defender, or passes misplaced or straight out the park.

3 Our formation did us no favours, Nisbet up front on his own is not a winner.

4 Our midfield had a stinker, Newall tried but JDH may still be suffering from COVID. Gogic is a much better option if it comes to pure fitness. If we are going to play a back 4 I don't see any problem with having Gogic in the side as our midfield anchor, and allow Newall and Allan to go and do what they do.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson