hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    We’ve had a week where we’ve been saying Porteous doesn’t deserve the abuse he’s been getting online by other teams staff and fans…and today we’re laying into our own for their bad attitude and haircuts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Nathan Wood had a turbulent debut, as Shane Duffy found out it’s not that easy in this league, he wasn’t helped any by a lack of leadership at the back.

James Scott can’t seem to get going at all, both need to be backed though.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    We will just need to bite the bullit until xmas transfer window.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wood was like a rabbit caught in the headlights but got zero help from those around him. Scott was strutting around like he was some sort of world beater which couldn't have been further from the truth. The bit which really hacked me off was when he hit a wayward cross out of the pitch and his first reaction was to fix his hair. Get Jamie Gullan on before this Billy Big Baws.
    Am worried our signing policy under Mathie was to sign guys called Billy with big baws...neither wonder he got the sack!
    Last edited by Iain G; 17-10-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Am worried our signing policy under Mathie was to sign guys called Billy with big baws...neither wonder he got the sack!
    It helped us gets a sponsorship deal with Manscaped

And to promote the Cahonas Scotland charity's testicular cancer awareness campaign, which is a good thing.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    We’ve had a week where we’ve been saying Porteous doesn’t deserve the abuse he’s been getting online by other teams staff and fans…and today we’re laying into our own for their bad attitude and haircuts?
    The stuff on here is ever so slightly different to messaging a player wishing death or serious illness on them, to be fair.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 17-10-2021 at 07:36 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Is it OK to add Scott Allan into the mix or will I get shouted down? Not worth a jersey any more and why we tried to get rid. Slow, never in the game, slowed everything down, twice when we were breaking he passed the ball behind the player overlapping and made him stop or slow down and the attack stalled. Thanks for the memories Scotty but not good enough anymore. Agree about Scott and Wood though. Nisbet was shocking as well but he is still in credit at the moment. Newall not up to much either today. All round ***** performance.
    You won't get shouted down by me.
    Sadly I feel Scott is finished at this level and we can't afford to carry him.
    What a shame as he has more ability than most of our squad put together.

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    You won't get shouted down by me.
    Sadly I feel Scott is finished at this level and we can't afford to carry him.
    What a shame as he has more ability than most of our squad put together.

Certainly not even the slightest sign at Hibs,you must have seen him a lot at Motherwell ,I presume?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    Certainly not even the slightest sign at Hibs,you must have seen him a lot at Motherwell ,I presume?
    I think he means Scott Allan rather than James Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Fixing hair is a sign of bad attitude?
    You know exactly what I mean. Anyone who has been at any of the games he has played in will realise he is a non trier and is nowhere near the standard required.

You know exactly what I mean. Anyone who has been at any of the games he has played in will realise he is a non trier and is nowhere near the standard required.
    I'm not sure I agree that he's a non-trier, but I would agree that he's not shown anything so far to suggest that he's anywhere near the standard required.

I've been at them all and not thought this. I think he is being played very much out of position, and hasn't been playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I've been at them all and not thought this. I think he is being played very much out of position, and hasn't been playing well.
    What do you reckon is Scotts position?

I can’t for the life of me work out what type of player he’s supposed to be.

I remember when we signed him everyone talking about him ripping James a new one a couple seasons ago so presumed he was either fast or tricky but he doesn’t seem to be either of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Hatrick View Post
    What do you reckon is Scotts position?

I can’t for the life of me work out what type of player he’s supposed to be.

I remember when we signed him everyone talking about him ripping James a new one a couple seasons ago so presumed he was either fast or tricky but he doesn’t seem to be either of those things.
    I think he's a left winger, one of those inverted ones who plays on the opposite side and cuts onto his stronger foot.

They're often hot and cold, we've just seen a lot of cold from him so far. It's worth remembering that he had a very good performance against us when at Motherwell, but he looks like he might need a very passive fullback who backs off him constantly in order for him to be successful.

He's never a striker in a million years.

I'd love to be proved wrong but I think he's probably just plain pish. He got a big move to a club who can afford to throw around small money in their terms which is big money on our terms off the back of less than half a dozen decent performances and is now being found out.

He's probably back up for Murphy and nothing else, and I'm not at all convinced he's any better than Gullan, who will surely also be much cheaper.

The idea of him being an option up front or an alternative to Nisbet or Doidge is laughable.
    Last edited by Smartie; 18-10-2021 at 09:17 AM.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I’d play Daniel MacKay ahead of James Scott, looks to have more about him and he’s our young player, not a loanee.

We needed cover at no.9 but didn’t get it.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I’d play Daniel MacKay ahead of James Scott, looks to have more about him and he’s our young player, not a loanee.

Is he not injured?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Was wondering the other day what’s up with McKay. Been nowhere to be seen lately but not seen any injury mentioned, other than that he pulled out of the squad late at Tynecastle.

I can really see why Mathie departed. Ross clearly not happy about the end of our summer window. Scott just hasn't impressed me after a promising debut at Dens and i'd be playing Daz before Wood based on Saturdays showing.

In saying that, any team would suffer having four starters out injured/suspended.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    The way that Scott has started for us, he looks like a player who needs to go out on loan to get regular football at a level below. Not sure if you can loan out a loan player.

Left by mutual consent!
    Scott has talent but he's nowhere near sharp enough. Wood needs more than one game to judge. We currently have a brutal injury list btw. How many teams in the league would cope with losing genuine first team players like KM,RP, CD etc? It was a rotten performance but we're still in touch with the top and have played away at Ibrox and Tynecastle. Let's not talk ourselves into something worse. We seem to like counter attacking so Im expecting us to bounce back against the sheep as they are leaking like a sieve just now then onto Celtic at home. I still maintain we've performed at a high standard over the course of the season there's no reason to think the team wont bounce back.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    The way that Scott has started for us, he looks like a player who needs to go out on loan to get regular football at a level below. Not sure if you can loan out a loan player.
    He’s on loan with us to get games under his belt after a bad injury, he’ll probably be brilliant next season, a bit like Magennis.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    He’s on loan with us to get games under his belt after a bad injury, he’ll probably be brilliant next season, a bit like Magennis.
    Was his injury not the 19-20 season

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    Was his injury not the 19-20 season
    I thought it was last season, but you could well be right. If it was he’s not really got any excuses for being so poor so far.

United we stand here....

Must admit I remember nothing about Scott before he went down south, so far he's shown pretty much nothing to suggest he should be here, obviously a very last minute loan signing due to the cock up at the end of the window. Wood is still fairly young and not really what we want at this moment in time, we need someone who can step in/compete with the other CH's, again I think McCart was who we wanted but something went wrong with that deal.

We have sent Brydon away to Strollers now also... I've no issue with Wood at this point. He's played one game and only an idiot would base an opinion on that game. But its still a worry that we dont have player ready to replace Hanlon or Porto. Porto will leave sooner rather than later and succession needs to be in place before end of season imo.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    We have sent Brydon away to Strollers now also... I've no issue with Wood at this point. He's played one game and only an idiot would base an opinion on that game. But its still a worry that we dont have player ready to replace Hanlon or Porto. Porto will leave sooner rather than later and succession needs to be in place before end of season imo.
    We'll no doubt try for McCart on a pre-contract in January.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When we signed Wood in the summer I voiced the opinion on here that he would probablly play more for the youth team as he was only 19 and maybe pick up the odd game here and there in the first team squad if we had a long injury list.

I was quite surprised at the backlash I got for saying it. “No way he’s coming here to play second fiddle to Daz or Porto”, “He’s an English u20 international” and the doozy” Warnock will have insisted Hibs MUST play him”

He’s 19, here for experience, 4th choice in the squad imo. Pretty sure Jack Ross put him in on Saturday to see what he could do. Whether we see him again next Saturday will be down to the young man’s strength of character to bounce back or if Daz is injured.

What we shouldn’t do is consign him to the dustbin of history due to one bad game. He is learning his trade. How many times have we seen a player thriving in his later career for us to claim “ don’t know how, he was ***** when he was here”.

An inexperienced, 19 year old lad with potential wasn’t what Hibs needed to sign in the summer but we have to be realistic and accept that’s what we have and I’m sure his experience at Hibs will go a long way to how far he actually goes in the game.

Both these players are young with very little experience.
    I hope they do well for us and I hope they have decent careers but they certainly aren't what we needed in the last window.
    I don't know why it happened but that transfer window has set us back big time and it's little surprise there have been serious repercussions.

Neil Warnock not happy at Nathan's agent for choosing Hibs.

The criticism doesn't appear to be at us.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Neil Warnock not happy at Nathan's agent for choosing Hibs.

The criticism doesn't appear to be at us.
    Looking for a way out perhaps?