hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because in most other games he has showed nothing. Sorry but his days of running the games for Hibs each week are gone.
    His days of running are over if today is anything to go by. It took something to stand out in that first half as most were poor but Scottie was a statue for the most part and when he did get involved his passing was terrible. James Scott came on and while nothing worked for him he at least moved around the park and looked to make things happen, they didn't for him.

Wood looked like what he is. A young player with very little first team experience playing in a league that is much quicker than he is used to. He was very poor and Hanlon wasn't much better.

Boyle worked hard but as ever just got hacked down every time he went on a run. Doyle Hayes has been poor since his illness and Newell was poor too today. I thought Murphy did ok going forward and Doig did pretty well. Nisbet hardly gets a touch and the movement around him is non existent. He will be looking for a move soon as again he showed his quality with the swivel and hit that struck the post.

I feel a bit for Ross. The squad is paper thin and we have lots of players out of form or playing hurt due to a long list of injuries to players. Daz should have started today especially as McGinn being out. Murphy and Allan in the same team is a recipe for disaster and combined with Doyle Hayes out of form we simply didn't compete. There wasn't much on the bench that looked much better though although I would start Drey Wright or Gogic in front of Allan if Murphy is playing too. The way he played today I'd probably play them both in front of Allan even if Murphy isn't playing.

Hammer must be tearing his hair out as he should be getting some minutes. It was like Ross gave up as at 2-0 it was hugely unlikely we would get back in and it was a good opportunity to give some fringe players a few minutes. It wasn't as if the players on the park would have been missed today.

A very hard defeat to take as I don't think Utd played that well. They had the freedom on Easter Road on the ball and I doubt they will have it much easier in any fixture this play this year. It was another game where we just didn't show up and given the other fixtures it was another big game.

The small squad gamble is backfiring and we may burn out the players we have by the time the others return.

On to next week and we play an Aberdeen team in even worse form than us. Must take 3 points away to them and Ross County as they are both honking at the moment.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Would rather gullan and a youth player was tried before these pair

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Wood looked way out his depth today.

Scott looked slow and had the touch of a donkey.

Cadden has very little quality other than a good engine on him.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Even with the mitigating factors I really didn’t like what I saw from Wood today. Looked casual at times and played almost at training game intensity. One thing I noticed when he sprayed one of his many diagonals out the park he threw his hands up in the air at Murphy when he had no chance of catching it. I think he was caught completely cold by the intensity of the game up here and is clearly used to a lot more time on the ball. Dragged from pillar to post by their forwards as well.

Probably seems over the top criticism but throwing the hands up in the air at Murphy after his own poor pass wound me up at the time. Hopefully today was a reality check for him and we will see why he is so highly rated in the future. It wouldn’t have helped forming a new partnership with Cadden on the right side of defence either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    Even with the mitigating factors I really didn’t like what I saw from Wood today. Looked casual at times and played almost at training game intensity. One thing I noticed when he sprayed one of his many diagonals out the park he threw his hands up in the air at Murphy when he had no chance of catching it. I think he was caught completely cold by the intensity of the game up here and is clearly used to a lot more time on the ball. Dragged from pillar to post by their forwards as well.

Probably seems over the top criticism but throwing the hands up in the air at Murphy after his own poor pass wound me up at the time. Hopefully today was a reality check for him and we will see why he is so highly rated in the future. It wouldn’t have helped forming a new partnership with Cadden on the right side of defence either.
    Agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    No one is above criticism, but to say a guy that’s been performing well recently is finished at this level is ridiculous. He’s come back from serious illness and has started to show he’s still got it. He should be getting another contract.
    Allan was poor today but has been one of our top performers since he came back into the team. Can't believe what I'm reading from others on him to be honest.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Did he show nothing in the games against Utd, St Mirren and St Johnstone? Can you point me to the games this season that he’s started and shown nothing?
    Totally, he wasn't great today but it's embarrassing to suggest he's 'done' or was poor in the pervious games. Subbed against The Rangers because of the red so can't be judged for that. But in the previous two games he offered a goal and two assists. Done my hoop.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Totally, he wasn't great today but it's embarrassing to suggest he's 'done' or was poor in the pervious games. Subbed against The Rangers because of the red so can't be judged for that. But in the previous two games he offered a goal and two assists. Done my hoop.
    Decent ball for a great finish by McGinn and then loses his man for their equaliser. Can't remember his doing much else in the St Mirren game

St Johnstone game he actually nearly played a full game probably because they had a man sent off. Had a decent effort with a chip easily saved and not much else I can remember. Watch him when Boyle scores the penalty. He is on the edge of the box, our only player that side. He is bent over with hands on knees and neither foot moves during Boyle's run up or when the ball hits the net. The least I would expect is a player to be playing, he was actually watching the game at that point rather than playing

Rangers game - Hooked after the sending off. That was the only bit of a Hibs game I have missed for a few years so I watched it tonight. He touched the ball once in an advanced position in open play and gave it away with a poor ball to Cadden. A couple of routine set pieces and a couple of passes at the half way line. Hardly got within two or three yards of a The Thes player when they had a ball excepting once where he gave a cheap foul away. Just before he went off he broke into a trot but apart from that he only managed a slow jog. Ross rightly hooked him and he possibly wouldn't have came out for the second half. He chose not to be involved when we were not in possession in this game shying away from at least two or three challenges where he could have won the ball or made it hard for the opponent. I would say that is a fairly typical performance for Scottie these days and may well be to do with his health. Completely lacking in any drive or energy, a passenger that day as he was today. But today he gave the ball away almost every time he touched it

Dundee Utd in Cup - His best performance. Scored a decent goal after missing the first chance and being lucky to get another bite, good finish though. Played a good ball for a great touch and finish from Newell. I'm normally very critical of his work rate but he worked hard that night and although lacked stamina he was running freely and up to a sprint. Lucky not to be sent off for diving and totally burned out at 60 odd minutes. While he worked hard it wasn't very effective in defence and Utd constantly played down his side

Livi - nice back heal for a brilliant Boyle finish. Not sure he did that much else though.

For me Allan is like Murphy. He is a good player when things are going well. He is very poor when we don't have the ball and often he is lazy too. Today he hardly made an effort at all and there was no way he was coming out for the second half.

If we can get him on a cheap contract with a view to him being a sub when we need something different and can roll the dice of losing a man in defence then sign him up. Otherwise thanks for your service and good luck for the future I'd be surprised if it is in the top division though.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Decent ball for a great finish by McGinn and then loses his man for their equaliser. Can't remember his doing much else in the St Mirren game

St Johnstone game he actually nearly played a full game probably because they had a man sent off. Had a decent effort with a chip easily saved and not much else I can remember. Watch him when Boyle scores the penalty. He is on the edge of the box, our only player that side. He is bent over with hands on knees and neither foot moves during Boyle's run up or when the ball hits the net. The least I would expect is a player to be playing, he was actually watching the game at that point rather than playing

Rangers game - Hooked after the sending off. That was the only bit of a Hibs game I have missed for a few years so I watched it tonight. He touched the ball once in an advanced position in open play and gave it away with a poor ball to Cadden. A couple of routine set pieces and a couple of passes at the half way line. Hardly got within two or three yards of a The Thes player when they had a ball excepting once where he gave a cheap foul away. Just before he went off he broke into a trot but apart from that he only managed a slow jog. Ross rightly hooked him and he possibly wouldn't have came out for the second half. He chose not to be involved when we were not in possession in this game shying away from at least two or three challenges where he could have won the ball or made it hard for the opponent. I would say that is a fairly typical performance for Scottie these days and may well be to do with his health. Completely lacking in any drive or energy, a passenger that day as he was today. But today he gave the ball away almost every time he touched it

Dundee Utd in Cup - His best performance. Scored a decent goal after missing the first chance and being lucky to get another bite, good finish though. Played a good ball for a great touch and finish from Newell. I'm normally very critical of his work rate but he worked hard that night and although lacked stamina he was running freely and up to a sprint. Lucky not to be sent off for diving and totally burned out at 60 odd minutes. While he worked hard it wasn't very effective in defence and Utd constantly played down his side

Livi - nice back heal for a brilliant Boyle finish. Not sure he did that much else though.

For me Allan is like Murphy. He is a good player when things are going well. He is very poor when we don't have the ball and often he is lazy too. Today he hardly made an effort at all and there was no way he was coming out for the second half.

If we can get him on a cheap contract with a view to him being a sub when we need something different and can roll the dice of losing a man in defence then sign him up. Otherwise thanks for your service and good luck for the future I'd be surprised if it is in the top division though.
    I 100% agree he had a stinker today. Would be ridiculous to suggest otherwise and I understand him coming off at half time. But I'll never understand this 'lazy' tag he seems to have. He closes down just as much as any attacking player we have and often it's him pushing for the press in attacking positions. There were a few occasions today when it was him closing down their CB and he was telling Nisbet (I appreciate Nisbet isn't the best example to use when it comes to closing payers down) to pressure the potential receiver.

He's undoubtedly lost that wee burst of pace he used to have to get by players but personally think he's far from finished at this level or with Hibs.

James Scott reminds me of the bad moments of Colin Nish. And when Nish was bad, he was honking. But big Col could also confound you with great moments and goals, Scott has not shown this at all.

I'm specifically thinking of him saving a throw to give a goal kick and the moment he got low to control a ball between both arms.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Nisbet was far worse than Scott
    No he wasn’t under any stretch of the imagination.

I honestly hope never to see Scott in a Hibs jersey again and I don’t like saying that about any player. He’s simply not interested and I think he’s more interested in his bank balance than playing football

No better than gullan. I didn’t want us to sign Griffiths or Cummings but they would give more to the jersey than Scott

Nathan Wood and James Scott

Too early to judge Wood surely, especially given how poor we were today. He had big shoes to fill too.

Allan seems to have become a focal point again but I can’t see why personally, the whole team had a bad day but he has shown me enough in the previous few games to suggest he still has the ability and desire to be one of our better players.

I am disappointed with Scott, he was decent before in this league so hopefully something will click but the signs aren’t promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by high bee; 16-10-2021 at 09:12 PM.

Would rather play with 10 men than being Jim Scott on to the pitch. He is terrible.
    Hammer is our player but for some reason JR doesn't rate him, wrongly imo.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Wood clearly not ready for first team, Scott, not good enough for our team.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Horrendous summer recruitment on that evidence. Neither adding anything to that squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    That's why Mathie got emptied
    Maybe that and other failures.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Would rather play with 10 men than being Jim Scott on to the pitch. He is terrible.
    Oh how I wish we could put the clock back and bring Jim Scott on!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Oh how I wish we could put the clock back and bring Jim Scott on!
    Me too, both he & his brother Alex were excellent players.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    That's why Mathie got emptied
    No it wasn't

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Wrongly in my opinion as well. Gullan isn’t getting a chance right now, and I don’t understand why. Gullan has done so much more than Scott has and he is committed to the club. Scott has been as good as a man short so far.

United we stand here....

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    James Scott reminds me of the bad moments of Colin Nish. And when Nish was bad, he was honking. But big Col could also confound you with great moments and goals, Scott has not shown this at all.

I'm specifically thinking of him saving a throw to give a goal kick and the moment he got low to control a ball between both arms.
    Watching Colin nish in charity match last week he’s still Do a job x

Wood was like a rabbit caught in the headlights but got zero help from those around him. Scott was strutting around like he was some sort of world beater which couldn't have been further from the truth. The bit which really hacked me off was when he hit a wayward cross out of the pitch and his first reaction was to fix his hair. Get Jamie Gullan on before this Billy Big Baws.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Wood was like a rabbit caught in the headlights but got zero help from those around him. Scott was strutting around like he was some sort of world beater which couldn't have been further from the truth. The bit which really hacked me off was when he hit a wayward cross out of the pitch and his first reaction was to fix his hair. Get Jamie Gullan on before this Billy Big Baws.
    Thought it was just me imagining things there S. His attitude stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Thought it was just me imagining things there S. His attitude stinks.
    Fixing hair is a sign of bad attitude?

I saw that. He rubbed his head in frustration 100 %.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Scott Allen must have a stinking attitude. The forum is just taking over by babies after every defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Scott Allen must have a stinking attitude. The forum is just taking over by babies after every defeat.
    Scott Allan NEVER has to fix his hair, it is perfect at all times. And so is Darren McGregor’s.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Ludicrous criticism of Scott here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Not to mention Ronaldo, argubally the greatest footballer ever.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Haha....Whatever he did to his hair he has to up his application considerably. Like making runs for starters.