hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn’t notice Scott was playing until 65 minutes, I knew Allan had went off but I didn’t pay attention to who came on. The guy has literally not kicked a ball since arriving. If he’s not contributing by January I’d send him back. Wood was making his debut in a tough game where the whole team were brutal so I’d be prepared to forgive him.

Why did Wood constantly hit long balls to no one though?

First game or not, it was infuriating.

On the evidence so far, James Scott is garbage.

2. Log in to remove the advert

They seem 2 last minute signings because whoever we were after didn't happen, there's a reason they are up for loan, Scott is not good enough and I've yet to see Wood but going by today's comments, he's also bang average.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Because in most other games he has showed nothing. Sorry but his days of running the games for Hibs each week are gone.
    Did he show nothing in the games against Utd, St Mirren and St Johnstone? Can you point me to the games this season that he’s started and shown nothing?

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Luckily we don’t have to as he’s very rarely a passenger. He’s been excellent this season when he’s had a chance. You’ve obviously got something against the guy to have such an extreme opinion. You’ve said he’s finished at this level when clearly he’s not, the fact that he’s been good in his last few games proves that, you also say he’s a passenger more often than not which is also nonsense.
    Why does someone who doesn't thing Scotty is good enough anymore have to have something against him. That us just utter *****. He is one of the better players I have seen at ER but not anymore

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Simple answer. No midfield and very little, if any, movement in front of him.

Dundee United pressed with more intensity than our players ran into space.

We're lucky it was only 3-0. We were there for the taking.

Luckily we don’t have to as he’s very rarely a passenger. He’s been excellent this season when he’s had a chance. You’ve obviously got something against the guy to have such an extreme opinion. You’ve said he’s finished at this level when clearly he’s not, the fact that he’s been good in his last few games proves that, you also say he’s a passenger more often than not which is also nonsense.
    I've nothing against Allan, he's contributed a huge amount to Hibs over the years, but his time has passed and I'm not alone in that view.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    I've nothing against Allan, he's contributed a huge amount to Hibs over the years, his time has passed and I'm not alone in that view.
    Why has his time passed though when he’s been so good recently?

United we stand here....

Did he show nothing in the games against Utd, St Mirren and St Johnstone? Can you point me to the games this season that he’s started and shown nothing?
    Today for one, utter rubbish, slow, never in the game. That's the one that's freshest in my mind. St Johnstone game 3 weeks ago? Having a laugh if you think he was good that day. Average at best. Utd away, played well but do we need to just say OK one game and take the rest of the season off? He is not above criticism.

I've nothing against Allan, he's contributed a huge amount to Hibs over the years, but his time has passed and I'm not alone in that view.
    A midfield 3 like today was always going to struggle a bit, you miss the energy of Magennis.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Today for one, utter rubbish, slow, never in the game. That's the one that's freshest in my mind. St Johnstone game 3 weeks ago? Having a laugh if you think he was good that day. Average at best. Utd away, played well but do we need to just say OK one game and take the rest of the season off? He is not above criticism.
    No one is above criticism, but to say a guy that’s been performing well recently is finished at this level is ridiculous. He’s come back from serious illness and has started to show he’s still got it. He should be getting another contract.

United we stand here....

Why has his time passed though when he’s been so good recently?
    I think "so good" is an exaggeration to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Bit of a funny one as I’ve always quite liked Gullan. He’s pacey, has a goal threat and is pretty direct.

Pretty much exactly what we need.

Mackay is the same, started pre season flying by all accounts but has rarely featured of late, appreciate he had an injury for a couple of games.

How bad was Wood? Genuine question as I only saw bits of the game. Can he maybe be cut a bit of slack playing on the right when he’s left footed and having Cadden at right back?

Was Allan really poor that he got hooked at half time? Was it a formation change and going with 2 up too?

Scott for me looked brilliant at Motherwell but he has showed nothing like that form, he looks like he struggles to control a ball and that he’s overweight.
    I felt a bit sorry for him, it was a horrible game to make a debut in, given the shambles going on around him.

He wasn’t brilliant but he wasn’t hopeless either.

It was the performance of an inexperienced CH - a bit jittery, the odd mistake but most of it ok.

He didn’t look to win too much in the air for a big lad. I guess the main thing that links the two players in the OP is that they look dreadful in the air for their size.

I think "so good" is an exaggeration to be honest.
    He’s been starting every week so the manager obviously thinks he’s playing well.

United we stand here....

No one is above criticism, but to say a guy that’s been performing well recently is finished at this level is ridiculous. He’s come back from serious illness and has started to show he’s still got it. He should be getting another contract.
    Another contract?

I'm sorry, but this is part of the problem with our club.

Far too much sentimentality involved instead of the ruthlessness required to succeed.
    Last edited by Chorley Hibee; 16-10-2021 at 04:53 PM.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    He’s been starting every week so the manager obviously thinks he’s playing well.
    Well enough to sub him at half time...

He's finished at the top level.

I will be stunned if he gets another contract and I think that it's probably for the best if he doesnt. He has come back from illness but that doesn't change the fact that he is now just very slow in the middle of the park. I think we'll just need to disagree that he has shown that he has still got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Wasn't at the game but sounds like Nathan Wood isn't a patch on Porteous
    Well he didn't get sent off for a wild lunge so that's an improvement 🤣

Seriously though, maybe we should have played 3 at the back with McGregor and Hanlon there to help Wood through his first game?

Cadden had a worse game than Wood

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

On the evidence so far, James Scott is garbage.
    Spot on, and thanks for saving me a lot of typing.

GGTTH

GGTTH

He's been a passenger more often than not. We can't keep carrying him for 90 minutes hoping for a killer pass once in a blue moon.
    When else has Allan been a passenger this year?

I think the England u20s thing is a bit of a trap. Englands best young players usual go from 19s to 21s. Only 2 players in the last England squad played more than 5 matches for the u20s, tomori and ward prowse. Majority have a dozen for 19s and 21s.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    When else has Allan been a passenger this year?
    Wasting your time, some folk have made up their mind he’s no longer got it so seize on today to reinforce that viewpoint and ignore previous games where he has played well, scored and set up goals. Though I don’t understand why he is being asked to play so advanced nor be the one left up when we are defending corners.

At least I’ve seen Scott Allan set up goals and score this season. Has Murphy, who flatters to deceive but his end product isn’t amounting to much ?

He's been a passenger more often than not. We can't keep carrying him for 90 minutes hoping for a killer pass once in a blue moon.
    Knee jerk jamboesque post of the day right there.

One poor game after being very good everytime he got the nod. Our problem is certainly not Scott Allan.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I think the England u20s thing is a bit of a trap. Englands best young players usual go from 19s to 21s. Only 2 players in the last England squad played more than 5 matches for the u20s, tomori and ward prowse. Majority have a dozen for 19s and 21s.

The u20s is basically the age group for the guys who will never play for the 21s.

Not to say they’re bad players, but it’s pretty much why that team exists.

@hibs.net private member
    Allan was poor today but a passenger too many times this year? Load o pish

@hibs.net private member
    Sounds like a few folk are saying we shouldn’t judge players on the back of 1 match? Or is it only Scott Allan that we don’t judge?

Allan was poor today but he’s been decent the last few games hes been given the nod. If he continues to play 4 good games to 1 poor one for the rest of the season I’ll take that from him.

Not sure what evidence there is to suggest he’s finished at this level beyond his health condition. Because his overall performances haven’t shown me that. If we’re going off today then Nisbet and Doig are finished at this level as well.

To get back on topic of the thread Scott for me is an anonymous jersey when he plays. I didn’t think Wood had that bad a game beyond his long passing being atrocious but I’d like to see the goals back to see what his roles in them were.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Knee jerk jamboesque post of the day right there.

One poor game after being very good everytime he got the nod. Our problem is certainly not Scott Allan.
    Here we go again, say something that someone doesn't agree with and you're a Jambo.

I go home and away every week mate, and I've seen enough to pass judgement on Scott Allan, Jack Ross, and the continual failure to address issues that have continually reared their head over the past 2 years regards sentiment and recruitment.

It's groundhog day and we've learnt nothing it seems.
    Last edited by Chorley Hibee; 16-10-2021 at 05:06 PM.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I felt a bit sorry for him, it was a horrible game to make a debut in, given the shambles going on around him.

He wasn’t brilliant but he wasn’t hopeless either.

It was the performance of an inexperienced CH - a bit jittery, the odd mistake but most of it ok.

He didn’t look to win too much in the air for a big lad. I guess the main thing that links the two players in the OP is that they look dreadful in the air for their size.

Personally thought he was very poor.

I can see why wood would hit long balls today.

Debut, nervous and almost gifted them a goal playing out in the first 10.

Probably thought he was taking no chances

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Nisbet was far worse than Scott
    Nisbet had no chance in that set up today. Playing a lone striker at home against Dundee Utd is not good enough. I know we have been unlucky with injuries but today shows how poor a squad we have.
    The fact we only made one change in the game also underlines the fact that we just don’t have cover in key positions once again. We were lucky with injuries last season but our poor recruitment is going to cost us now.