hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Out of interest how much profit is made on a programme
    Unfortunately, I can't say as it's commercially sensitive data that I'm not willing to divulge. The figure I was given during my time at Hibs was all based on sales figures only, ie no advertising revenue, so profits would be higher including other assets like that too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnStephens91 View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't say as it's commercially sensitive data that I'm not willing to divulge. The figure I was given during my time at Hibs was all based on sales figures only, ie no advertising revenue, so profits would be higher including other assets like that too.
    Fair enough, this is probably another reason for stopping the programmes, they are likely to make more money from the new screens for advertising than the programmes

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Did the calculation take into account the staff costs for those involved in the programmes preparation?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Did the calculation take into account the staff costs for those involved in the programmes preparation?
    Yeah, it did.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Yeah, it did.
    OK cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    My Mrs likes to sit with a programme with the squads showing so she can identify why someone, anyone is getting stick! Or so she knows what a trumpet the ref is. Or so she can see the boy everyone on here (not the tiny minority) want us to sign next day. She also likes me filling her head with ***** and nonsense about some of the retro pages stories and pics. She also knows that I took on Tony Mowbray in the quiz a few years back and might’ve lost but got my photo in it. She also knows when her wee cousin was in it as team mascot. She also knows it’s a worthwhile thing to stick under the nose of Mixu/ Franck / Russell / Deek / Gary / Paul / Jason etc to sign with a sharpie after we’ve battered them. She also knows why I remember my dead sisters wedding anniversary as I’ve only got to look at the programme to recall the day (Killie 71).

Sentimental tosh. Nostalgia doing me in. ****ing traditionalist nonsense..

As I’ve said on other media, won’t ever beat a video of Martin Boyle jumping through a hedge.
    Great post. Your writing retains the vitality and sharpness of a punk root.
    A fanzine programme written in the same style would be a winner.

My 13 year old pointed out to me that there was a Hibs podcast on Spotify and she'd already listened to it. A physical programme isn't even on her radar. It's just a sign of the times. I do sympathise with the collectors as i occasionally look back at some of the ones that my old man passed on to me and ones i bought myself. I don't think i've actually bought one myself for 20 odd years though. It's a dying source of information, much like newspapers. I literally get all my Hibs information online and anything printed in a programme would already be old news by the time it was bought. I do get the collection aspect though.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    Fair enough, this is probably another reason for stopping the programmes, they are likely to make more money from the new screens for advertising than the programmes
    Why not both? A strong programme reaching the numbers of people it did during my time at the club is a decent commercial asset for very little effort on the club's part. Again, I can't go into the figures, but they did generate a good deal of advertising revenue in addition to the sales. I'm not a commercial sales expert, they seem to be doing a good job bringing in sales though.

To me, it just seems far too convenient for them to cull the programme. Yes, the pandemic has had an impact, that's why I'd support it being put on ice and for the club to consult with supporters about what they want to see in it, and then to bring it back with improved content and promotion of it as a trial next season if certain aspects of laws relating to Covid are removed. There's so many more actions and routes they could've taken which would seem a lot more positive than this one.

The programme wasn't a huge money spinner in the full years I was in charge of it (16/17,17/18, and 18/19)

The current content is poor in comparison and I don't think many of the volunteers were ever really asked back.
    If I’m right you would have been working with Programme Master? Those post cup win programmes were probably the best we have ever produced, both in quality and content. However as soon as we moved to Curtis Sports the quality dropped massively.

I went from purchasing every copy, to one in a while and now rarely. This is simply down to the poor quality.

It’s a shame they have gone down this route and hopefully a fan run publication can be produced. In truth something had to change as the Curtis sport programmes clearly were not being invested in by the club.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Yeah, it did.
    Can I drop you a PM?

There won’t be a programme tomorrow but there will be one soon.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Well played that man, my hero

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Well played that man, my hero
    You’ll have more to thank than me Scoopyboy.

@hibs.net private member
    Excellent

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Page 5? People nowadays, eh. Kids, eh? Not for me, really, especially this sort of technology rules people from before don’t matter it’s how it’s going to be attitude. We wouldn’t have tried that in the 70s IMO not cos we were feared of getting our ears clipped, more cos we looked up to our elders who had basically put us here 1st. I have ZERO programmes from my past. Really wish I still had some. But, I would not dream about taking away something like programmes, from others or myself. Not so this generation tho eh? Move on you old useless etc’s! I don’t want to see the end of programmes. But obv. from the posts here the new tech aces, better than old guys previous supporters can’t work computers non aces, should be listened to. Kill the programmes! Only “social media” allowed!
    Hopefully for you young lot, us that kept this club going with our support 70/80/90s, in honour of our forebears who kept the club going 40/50/60s, in honour of they’re forebears, hopefully we won’t last too long so our silly old desire to cling on to what we like with Hibs won’t inconvenience you too long because you want it all your way & stuff the older generations.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Page 5? People nowadays, eh. Kids, eh? Not for me, really, especially this sort of technology rules people from before don’t matter it’s how it’s going to be attitude. We wouldn’t have tried that in the 70s IMO not cos we were feared of getting our ears clipped, more cos we looked up to our elders who had basically put us here 1st. I have ZERO programmes from my past. Really wish I still had some. But, I would not dream about taking away something like programmes, from others or myself. Not so this generation tho eh? Move on you old useless etc’s! I don’t want to see the end of programmes. But obv. from the posts here the new tech aces, better than old guys previous supporters can’t work computers non aces, should be listened to. Kill the programmes! Only “social media” allowed!
    Hopefully for you young lot, us that kept this club going with our support 70/80/90s, in honour of our forebears who kept the club going 40/50/60s, in honour of they’re forebears, hopefully we won’t last too long so our silly old desire to cling on to what we like with Hibs won’t inconvenience you too long because you want it all your way & stuff the older generations.
    You post some utter nonsense on here

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    I've read this post twice and I'm still really struggling to understand the point you are trying to make. I believe you are attempting to state that the club in the "good old days" would never have taken something away from the supporters, such as the match day programme, without consulting us "the fans" first?

However it's so badly written this is a wild guess I'm afraid.

If that is your point then sorry but don't agree at all. Communications in the present day, between the club and supporters, are far better than they were in the 1970's/1980s.
    Last edited by RoxburghHibs; 16-10-2021 at 09:18 AM.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Personally Im disapointed, Im not aware of any other to flight club in Scotland , or England for that matter going down this route but I guess the club dont think there's much commercial viability in it anymore.

I guess it means my European home programme collection will remain for ever intact and complete.

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1450810680018411529

Hearts choosing to double down on the production of a programme. By increasing the pages in theirs.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Wonder who made this decision at Hibs, Commercial or Comms?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    "Hibs stop their programmes, we expand ours ! Gorgie Rules!"

This is a terrific tweet. It's not like Hibs have made some major commercial investments in things like their stadium or anything...
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    What a brilliant bit of ****housery from hearts!

Does this make the Hearts programme the bigliest?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Jesus, big programme, big club, they're desperate are they not haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Wonder who made this decision at Hibs, Commercial or Comms?
    Wonder why our Chairman and CEO have blindly been lead by the nose into allowing such an utterly pathetic decision to be reached?

Hibernian claim to be an "inclusive" club yet are quite happy to alienate a section of their support by dictating to them that part of an almost 100 year matchday experience has been cast aside without even a second thought?! No consultation, no consideration and no interest in the support unless they have money in their hands.

For me, they can stick their crypto currency tokens and online hard sell of all and sundry where the sun don't shine.
    Last edited by Bobo; 20-10-2021 at 06:00 PM.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1450810680018411529

Hearts choosing to double down on the production of a programme. By increasing the pages in theirs.
    More business sense from the club that ended up in administration 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Wonder why our Chairman and CEO have blindly been lead by the nose into allowing such an utterly pathetic decision to be reached?

Hibernian claim to be an "inclusive" club yet are quite happy to alienate a section of their support by dictating to them that part of an almost 100 year matchday experience has been cast aside without even a second thought?! No consultation, no consideration and no interest in the support unless they have money in their hands.

Foe me, they can stick their crypto currency tokens and online hard sell of all and sundry where the sun don't shine.
    It's only pathetic for the collectors. The vast majority won't even bat an eyelid.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    It's only pathetic for the collectors. The vast majority won't even bat an eyelid.
    I’m not a buyer, but for a lot of fans it’s part of the pre game ritual. Go to your seat and read the programme

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I’m not a buyer, but for a lot of fans it’s part of the pre game ritual. Go to your seat and read the programme
    True but they are in the huge minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    True but they are in the huge minority.
    Maybe, but to not engage with fans is a bit dictatorial
    If they’d said sales were down and we needed to increase sales, that’s at least a starting point