hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Aberdeen at it...

... not going to be implementing vaccine checks at games v us and Hearts because they are predicting crowds of 9,700 at both and if it's under 10K then you're exempt.

So no checks and 14,000 to turn up then, guess we could be doing the same. Farce.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... not going to be implementing vaccine checks at games v us and Hearts because they are predicting crowds of 9,700 at both and if it's under 10K then you're exempt.

So no checks and 14,000 to turn up then, guess we could be doing the same. Farce.
    They have said that - in line with may clubs - their official crowds have been "tickets sold" whereas due to covid (and the fact they are crap) their actual in stadium attendances are a lot lower.

For Hibs / Hearts, they are charging their fans up to £34 !!

Our fans will be charged £29 and its the ticket pricing and the fact they are mince that means they think they wont hit 10k

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I presumed that the capacity of the stadium should be what decided on the requirements of covid status checks.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

The actual crowds probably will be under 10,000 to be fair.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I presumed that the capacity of the stadium should be what decided on the requirements of covid status checks.
    That was my reading of it too - it doesn't matter how many turn up on the day, it was the capacity that determined if you needed checks

@hibs.net private member
    I don't see any problem with this at all, let alone them being 'at it'.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    They have said that - in line with may clubs - their official crowds have been "tickets sold" whereas due to covid (and the fact they are crap) their actual in stadium attendances are a lot lower.

For Hibs / Hearts, they are charging their fans up to £34 !!

Our fans will be charged £29 and its the ticket pricing and the fact they are mince that means they think they wont hit 10k
    Just goes to show how this whole things going to be manipulated. Will clubs have to start publishing, actual through the turnstiles attendances alongside tickets sold ones?

You can predict 9,000 and 12,000 turn up. Whole things a joke and that's comming from a supporter of the Scottish Government.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    So if 15,000 turn up they will presumably be breaking the law and will face a punishment of some description?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

They have 8870 season ticket holders
    Circa 10% won't attend
    That takes their number attending to under 8000

That leaves 2000 tickets for sale before they breach the 10,000
    Can't see any chance them being able to sell that many

How many Hibs supporters do you reckon will go to the game?
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 07-10-2021 at 11:17 AM.

If this ends up happening then it makes a mockery of the whole thing and it would be as well just being scrapped.

They aren't at it if they believe their crowd won't breach 10k. Time the whole nonsense scheme was abandoned anyway

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Agreed, they’ve been taking a decent common sense approach to things.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    So if 15,000 turn up they will presumably be breaking the law and will face a punishment of some description?
    They should be.

I have no problem with clubs publicly declaring the number of tickets sold as opposed to the actual number in attendance - a sell out is a sell out.

However, in this day and age they'll know in real time the number of people who have passed through the turnstiles - I'd be surprised if clubs don't have to provide accurate figures for policing/stewarding & insurance purposes.

There's no excuse for them to exceed the 10k mark, and if they do they should be punished.

The minute folk start making up their own rules, we're gubbed.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 07-10-2021 at 11:30 AM.

While this is probably OK, it is very risky if more than 10k turn up and they havent carried out checks

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Me neither.

When did businesses have a get out clause with this law which allows them to ignore it on the basis that their predicted attendance will be below 10,000? What then happens if more than 10,000 end up turning up?

That seems completely open to abuse.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    They probably won’t be selling tickets at the gate so they will have a fair idea what the attendance will be. If they sell a load of extra tickets they’ll have to make an announcement that they’re going to do checks. Their biggest problem would be if all their season ticket holders happened to turn up, but I think they’d get away with that due to it being an unusual event.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    When did businesses have a get out clause with this law which allows them to ignore it on the basis that their predicted attendance will be below 10,000? What then happens if more than 10,000 end up turning up?

That seems completely open to abuse.
    Just had a look at the government advice to businesses.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-certification-scheme-businesses-event-organisers/pages/events/

If the event is 'planned' for under 10,000 then no check is required, regardless of capacity. From this I would think that Aberdeen would have to limit access to prepurchased tickets only and stop sales at 9,999.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    They probably won’t be selling tickets at the gate so they will have a fair idea what the attendance will be. If they sell a load of extra tickets they’ll have to make an announcement that they’re going to do checks. Their biggest problem would be if all their season ticket holders happened to turn up, but I think they’d get away with that due to it being an unusual event.
    Or they only sell tickets up to a revised capacity of 9,999 on the assumption that all season tickets are in attendance.

This is likely to result in the same situation of no away supporters at games

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Has it been decided whether delegates , advisers etc to the COPS conference next month will require vaccine certification when they attend the various assemblies. ?

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-certification-scheme-businesses-event-organisers/pages/events/

If the event is 'planned' for under 10,000 then no check is required, regardless of capacity. From this I would think that Aberdeen would have to limit access to prepurchased tickets only and stop sales at 9,999.
    All seems a bit of a nonsense really.

All seems a bit of a nonsense really.
    You're entitled to that opinion, however if Aberdeen has decided that is the route that they want to go down to avoid checks it will be the fans who are adversely affected.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    If this ends up happening then it makes a mockery of the whole thing and it would be as well just being scrapped.
    It was a mockery to start with and should never have been considered, it’s like the vaccine programme never happened, they should concentrate on getting GPs doing their job properly and thus helping to offload hospitals

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Has it been decided whether delegates , advisers etc to the COPS conference next month will require vaccine certification when they attend the various assemblies. ?

Yes and the answer is no, to quote animal farm, “all animals are equal, some are more equal than others”

Don’t see the issue. The Scottish Govt have implemented a new procedure which has no clear visible benefit yet costs the clubs money and supporters a potential delay in getting in.

All as a stick to get more vaccinated when our vaccination level is the highest in the UK. A lazy answer to a perceived problem. They have the ok to vaccinate 12-15 year olds now so the uptake will increase.

We are the only country in Europe doing this (some others offering option of negative lateral flow test).

I am double jabbed and so are family and friends so no issues with vaccine. Friends of ours have caught it recently. They are unwell but manageable. The transmission protection from vaccine is limited. This is reality now.
    Last edited by Col2; 07-10-2021 at 12:12 PM.

No issues with it.

The legislation seems a bit ridiculous for it and not very well thought out so if it’s based on predicted numbers based on tickets sold I imagine that’s right for Aberdeen.

They’ll get above that as I’m sure there will be quite a few walk ins from the home and away support.

And hopefully will be. Completely pointless operation from the word go.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Don’t see the issue. The Scottish Govt have implemented a new procedure which has no clear visible benefit yet costs the clubs money and supporters a potential delay in getting in.

All as a stick to get more vaccinated when our vaccination level is the highest in the UK. A lazy answer to a perceived problem. They have the ok to vaccinate 12-15 year olds now so the uptake will increase.

We are the only country in Europe doing this (some others offering option of negative lateral flow test).

I am double jabbed and so are family and friends so no issues with vaccine. Friends of ours have caught it recently. They are unwell but manageable. The transmission protection from vaccine is limited. This is reality now.
    Most people I know that have had or currently have Covid are all double jabbed. One is in hospital the others had 'heavy cold' symptoms.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    They have 8870 season ticket holders
    Circa 10% won't attend
    That takes their number attending to under 8000

That leaves 2000 tickets for sale before they breach the 10,000
    Can't see any chance them being able to sell that many

How many Hibs supporters do you reckon will go to the game?
    My guess would be about 1200

The point you make shows how daft the whole thing is though, 9,999 turn up and no checks necessary, 1 more person turns up and everyone needs to be checked (well should but they’re getting away with ‘spot checks’).

That 1 person makes zero difference in Covid terms but ends up causing all sorts of havoc logistically.