hibs.net Messageboard

Hybrid View

Porteous in contract talks

According to Scott Burns at the Daily Record we are in contract talks with Ryan to extend his contract beyond it's current summer of 2023 expiry.
    Great if we can get that done.
    Probably need to get onto extending the contracts of Hanlon and Doidge after that.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 13-10-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to the Scott Burns at the Daily Record we are in contract talks with Ryan to extend his contract beyond it's current summer of 2023 expiry.
    Probably need to get onto extending the contracts of Hanlon and Doidge after that.
    Would be delighted if we do that. RP will get better and better. Hopefully we can tie up Nisbet as well given we have been in talks for a while now.

I agree Doidge and Hanlon a priority over next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Would be delighted if we do that. RP will get better and better. Hopefully we can tie up Nisbet as well given we have been in talks for a while now.

I agree Doidge and Hanlon a priority over next few months.
    Nisbet is contracted until summer of 2024.
    I don't think it is a very lucrative contract and Hibs are probably willing to up it if he agrees to an additional year.

Left by mutual consent!
    Let's hope all the negative press and comments even from our own fans hasn't sickened him and made his mind up to leave. Love him to stay and I've said for ages he could be a future Hibs captain.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Let's hope all the negative press and comments even from our own fans hasn't sickened him and made his mind up to leave. Love him to stay and I've said for ages he could be a future Hibs captain.
    Should be Hibs captain. Outstanding player for his age. Captaincy would help his temperament (not that i think there's an issue but some do) and he won't be here much longer with or without a new contract.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    Should be Hibs captain. Outstanding player for his age. Captaincy would help his temperament (not that i think there's an issue but some do) and he won't be here much longer with or without a new contract.
    Why should he be captain?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Why should he be captain?
    He’s one of our best players, he’s a natural leader, he communicates well (hear him and Macey to be fair regularly throughout games). He’s a winner. Can also handle the pressure. Paul is a great club captain but I just feel Porto was the natural successor to David Gray on the park.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    He’s one of our best players, he’s a natural leader, he communicates well (hear him and Macey to be fair regularly throughout games). He’s a winner. Can also handle the pressure. Paul is a great club captain but I just feel Porto was the natural successor to David Gray on the park.
    I think Porto needs a bit more time to concentrate on his own game, also there's more to being captain than 90 minutes on a matchday.

If he communicates well he'll do that regardeess of whether he has an armband.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    According to the Scott Burns at the Daily Record we are in contract talks with Ryan to extend his contract beyond it's current summer of 2023 expiry.
    and Allan

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    and Allan
    Do you think his contract will be extended? Club were keen to get shot in the transfer window, personally would give him another year just now

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    Do you think his contract will be extended? Club were keen to get shot in the transfer window, personally would give him another year just now
    Just as well your no doing the negotiation with the just give him another year. A bit of an insult imo the guy is a top player so get him signed up on a decent deal.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    Just as well your no doing the negotiation with the just give him another year. A bit of an insult imo the guy is a top player so get him signed up on a decent deal.
    I don't think an offer of a years extension would be an insult at all.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    And what is a decent deal for someone who the club wanted to let go and obviously agreed to go

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    and Allan
    Suspect he is a high earner so only chance of a new contract would be on reduced terms but I think he will move on.
    That is, unless he can make himself indispensable in what's left of the season.
    He has done very well to punch himself back into the team.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 13-10-2021 at 04:23 PM.

Would be another statement of intent from the club.

@hibs.net private member
    I think a lot of people view the armband as a sign of who’s the leader…Porto is already the leader in defence …he shouts and demands from those around him already ..regardless of age and experience ..just ask Daz for example… those who play with him will share that ..top player in the making if he keeps himself fit

@hibs.net private member
    According to Scott Burns at the Daily Record we are in contract talks with Ryan to extend his contract beyond it's current summer of 2023 expiry.
    Fingers crossed that comes to fruition - Ryan is a star for us already and will only get better with regular football

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Fingers crossed that comes to fruition - Ryan is a star for us already and will only get better with regular football
    If Hibs can get Ryan to increase his contract by even a year I will be delighted.
    Otherwise they will have to sell him before next season and that will be selling him for less than he is worth.
    Would be much better selling him in summer of 2023 when the world and football will be in a better place.

If Hibs can get Ryan to increase his contract by even a year I will be delighted.
    Otherwise they will have to sell him before next season and that will be selling him for less than he is worth.
    Would be much better selling him in summer of 2023 when the world and football will be in a better place.
    As I have said in another thread. Ryan want's to try his hand down South.

He may sign a new deal with Hibs but it will certainly have a clause that will allow him to leave for say any offer over £1.5M-£2M

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post

He may sign a new deal with Hibs but it will certainly have a clause that will allow him to leave for say any offer over £1.5M-£2M
    I can understand that. If it is only the level of the buy out clause which is holding back the negotiations I'm pretty sure that a solution will be found.

He will sign for Hibs,
    Then go south or abroad to ply his trade in future, we will get a good wedge o cash for him and he will get away from the hun and the media circus that feeds the hun. Good luck to him as he is turning into a really fine player.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post

Most players want to try their hand in England. The draw of the money is very strong.
    A player in demand is always in the box seat in the modern era and Ryan is no different.
    I think he is a QPR level English Championship player at the moment, but reduce the mistakes and he can be a Norwich level EPL player.
    I think he will go further in the game than Nisbet and perhaps even Doig.
    With Porteous you can clearly see the qualities he possesses and how they translate to a higher level.
    The £1.5-£2 million you quote is buttons, however, Hibs bargaining position dilutes with every transfer window which passes.
    I reckon he will be sold on in the summer if he agrees to go and the club that buys will treble their money when they sell him on a year later.