hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: Martin Boyle

  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dunbar
    Posts
    2,143

    Martin Boyle

    Boyle and his Socceroo teammates live on the OneFootball app at 11.14.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    In a Trash can
    Posts
    5,177
    Looks legal and above board, so it should be ok to post the link.

    https://onefootball.com/en/match/2232084


    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dunbar
    Posts
    2,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks legal and above board, so it should be ok to post the link.

    https://onefootball.com/en/match/2232084
    Yeah itís definitely legal.

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,499
    1-0 to Japan. Has anyone got the team graphics still on the screen when you switch to full screen?

    United we stand here....

  6. #5
    Very strange seeing Boyle wear no.6

  7. #6
    Australia look really disjointed and struggling to get any front players into the game.

  8. #7
    Good news at half time is Boyle is fit and has a little over 4 days to get back home and ready for Saturdays match

    I note that all fans are wearing masks.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 12-10-2021 at 11:09 AM.

  9. #8
    Fantastic free kick equaliser for Australia won from a Boyle cutback.
    Massively against the run of play.

  10. #9
    2-1 Japan
    Boyle subbed in added time.

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2-1 Japan
    Boyle subbed in added time.
    Eeeeek! You canít say that and just leave it hanging , please finish the statement by telling us itís not an injury.

  12. #11
    Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,065
    Watched the 2nd half. A well deserved win for Japan. Australia were poor and their build up play was slow and ponderous. They didn't feed Boyle enough and one of the few times they did, it led to the Australia goal.

    A lot of Scottish links in the game with Kyogo coming on for Japan and Boyle, Irvine and Rogic playing for Australia.

    Boyle looked free from injury when he was subbed.

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watched the 2nd half. A well deserved win for Japan. Australia were poor and their build up play was slow and ponderous. They didn't feed Boyle enough and one of the few times they did, it led to the Australia goal.

    A lot of Scottish links in the game with Kyogo coming on for Japan and Boyle, Irvine and Rogic playing for Australia.

    Boyle looked free from injury when he was subbed.

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eeeeek! You canít say that and just leave it hanging , please finish the statement by telling us itís not an injury.
    Sorry, Boyle was fine. It was a tactical change.

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, Boyle was fine. It was a tactical change.

  16. #15
    Testimonial Due 1875Sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,239
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Looks like Australia have a couple of games at the end of Jan, if selected Boyle will miss our games against Motherwell and Livvy

  17. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like Australia have a couple of games at the end of Jan, if selected Boyle will miss our games against Motherwell and Livvy
    Mueller would be his replacement.
    Hope he is up to scratch.

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mueller would be his replacement.
    Hope he is up to scratch.
    Weíll hopefully be able to get him in through December and give him a pre season of sorts. Cadden came from the MLS last January and was pretty quick off the mark when he arrived

  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    19,648
    Martin wasnít great today but I wonder if all the travelling is partly to blame.

  20. #19
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    884
    Even with jet lag heís the only one with abit of urgency to try make things happen.

  21. #20
    Not great but still our best player today imo.

  22. #21
    Testimonial Due Weegreenman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Greenland
    Posts
    1,271
    Weíre far too reliant on Boyle. Iíve heard it said but never really thought that was the case until the derby with Hearts.

    Itís hit on the break and itís so predictable now that teams know how to set up against us.

    Donít get me wrong itís great when it works but itís working less and less.
    New tactics required JR.

  23. #22
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Edinburgh
    Posts
    13,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Weíre far too reliant on Boyle. Iíve heard it said but never really thought that was the case until the derby with Hearts.

    Itís hit on the break and itís so predictable now that teams know how to set up against us.

    Donít get me wrong itís great when it works but itís working less and less.
    New tactics required JR.
    Correct. There doesn't seem to be any alternative.

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    53,757
    When our midfield plays as deep as that was yesterday, it's only Boyle who really gets forward with any urgency or purpose.

    We then have Nisbet isolated and Allan struggling to get any of the ball.

    We sorely miss Kyle McGennis, although i'm not sure he would have made any difference yesterday with so many players out of sorts.

  25. #24
    Testimonial Due Weegreenman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Greenland
    Posts
    1,271
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When our midfield plays as deep as that was yesterday, it's only Boyle who really gets forward with any urgency or purpose.

    We then have Nisbet isolated and Allan struggling to get any of the ball.

    We sorely miss Kyle McGennis, although i'm not sure he would have made any difference yesterday with so many players out of sorts.
    Our style is to hit on the break at speed. We need to try other strategies.

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    53,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our style is to hit on the break at speed. We need to try other strategies.
    I disagree, although we are decent on the counter, we are a possession based team, who mostly have more of the ball than our opponents.

  27. #26
    @hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The back of beyond
    Posts
    6,113
    Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even with jet lag heís the only one with abit of urgency to try make things happen.
    It would have been understandable if Boyle had been on the bench yesterday after travelling half way round the world. Though he struggled like the rest , the fact that he gave it his best shot shows his commitment to the club and the dreadful lack of alternatives in the squad.

  28. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, although we are decent on the counter, we are a possession based team, who mostly have more of the ball than our opponents.
    Thatís correct. Weíve change from being counter attack since JDH came on board.

  29. #28
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    19,648
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When our midfield plays as deep as that was yesterday, it's only Boyle who really gets forward with any urgency or purpose.

    We then have Nisbet isolated and Allan struggling to get any of the ball.

    We sorely miss Kyle McGennis, although i'm not sure he would have made any difference yesterday with so many players out of sorts.

    I like Nisbet but wonder if he needs to learn game intelligence.

    Frustrating first half for him, it clearly wasnít working. For me, he should have dropped deeper and made himself more available for the ball. Ok, he can do less damage further away from goal, but at least he would be involved, maybe lay on a pass for a runner to get beyond him?

    Or did Jack insist he stayed isolated up front?

    Scott Allan had a poor 45 mins, but then it seemed no one was willing to get closer to him and offer support.

  30. #29
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    53,757
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Nisbet but wonder if he needs to learn game intelligence.

    Frustrating first half for him, it clearly wasnít working. For me, he should have dropped deeper and made himself more available for the ball. Ok, he can do less damage further away from goal, but at least he would be involved, maybe lay on a pass for a runner to get beyond him?

    Or did Jack insist he stayed isolated up front?

    Scott Allan had a poor 45 mins, but then it seemed no one was willing to get closer to him and offer support.
    To be perfectly honest, i've never been Nisbets biggest fan. He seems to play on the periphery of the game too much for me, and does not have a big enough affect on the game.

    Obviously his goals are great, and when he does play better he looks the real deal, but he does not do it enough for me. I could say the same for a lot of the rest of them too.

    Yesterday i dont think if he dropped deeper it would have made much difference, there was too many players not at the races.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)