hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 86 of 86

Thread: Hibs on Tik Tok

  1. #61
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Into the Valley
    Posts
    6,018
    Not really to bothered with Hibs being on different social media platforms and having different or more tailored material on the various media outlets. If itís important Iíll find it one way or another and if itís Scotty Allan dressed strangely then I donít really give a toss.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    North Edinurgh
    Posts
    385
    Communication and Content Changes

    https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...ontent-changes

    from the official site

  4. #63
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,497
    Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Communication and Content Changes

    https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...ontent-changes

    from the official site
    A lot of good initiatives there , but no match programme anymore - thatís a break with tradition that will be disappointing for a number of fans

  5. #64
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In der HŲlle
    Posts
    30,976
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it any different from Facebook? They put clips of goals on it for the world to see? Why not? I don't get the issue. It's free, it's advertising and has a massive worldwide audience . People who don't even know who the club are will see the clips. Accounts on other platforms generally have to be found by the user. Tiktok videos just land on your page so not a limited audience

    Sorry, I actually was genuinely curious, not looking for an argument.


    It's just not something I'm all that familiar with and wondered how it would fit in to a football club's Social Media,.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 13-10-2021 at 05:16 PM.

  6. #65
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    18,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, I actually was genuinely curious, not looking for an argument.


    It's just not something I'm not all that familiar with and wondered how it would fit in to a football club's Social Media,.
    No issues here.

    I hope my answer helped you understand a little then

  7. #66
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In der HŲlle
    Posts
    30,976
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No issues here.

    I hope my answer helped you understand a little then

    All appreciated, thanks for replying



  8. #67
    @hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worcester, Sassanachland
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could you clarify in what way that would be a useful tool for a football club?


    I'm not really getting that part of it, but genuinely interested as to how it would be useful.
    It's useful because it's the platform of choice for a very different demographic to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. If you want to put content in front of 8-16 year olds, there is no point putting it on facebook, because that demographic uses it very little. If we want to appeal to a young audience and get people of school age to support the club then communicating via TickTock is a good move.

    If it was 1986 it would be the same idea as promoting the club through different magazines. The kids read comics, the hard core fan reads fanzines, the older generation read the Sunday Papers and the cool dudes read GQ. It's horses for courses.
    Last edited by worcesterhibby; 13-10-2021 at 05:37 PM.

  9. #68
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    54
    Posts
    28,418
    Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Communication and Content Changes

    https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...ontent-changes

    from the official site
    The part about video & social media could almost be a reply to this thread.

    It's good to have a bit of clarity.

    Interesting to see that full press conferences are to be shown on Hibs TV. I remember at one time (4-5 years ago?) this sort of stuff was put up for subscribers only, then opened up to everyone after a day or two. It'd be good if they could do something similar again.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 13-10-2021 at 06:00 PM.

  10. #69
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    18,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The part about video & social media could almost be a reply to this thread.

    It's good to have a bit of clarity.

    I thought of you when I read it

  11. #70
    Administrator Vault Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwich
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The part about video & social media could almost be a reply to this thread.

    It's good to have a bit of clarity.
    I was thinking that when it was put out, they've certainly been having a read.

  12. #71
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    54
    Posts
    28,418
    TBH, one of the reasons I started the thread was in the hope that someone from club might look in.

    After all, I don't care what any of you think!

  13. #72
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    58
    Posts
    11,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TBH, one of the reasons I started the thread was in the hope that someone from club might look in.

    After all, I don't care what any of you think!
    So youíre to blame for the programmes getting binned?

  14. #73
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    54
    Posts
    28,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So youíre to blame for the programmes getting binned?
    I don't think so, but I do remember predicting their demise not all that long ago.

  15. #74
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    58
    Posts
    11,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think so, but I do remember predicting their demise not all that long ago.
    The veritable soothsayer indeed.

  16. #75
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    54
    Posts
    28,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The veritable soothsayer indeed.
    I doubt that I was alone in seeing that coming.

  17. #76
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs Tik Tok

    Saw the Jambos on A View From The Terrace ripping the p**s out of us for this. Bet it won't be long before Budge follows suit and they start putting out TikTok content.

  18. #77
    Any chance we could get meaningful injured player updates.
    It's one of the real basics that supporters want to know.
    There has been next to no information from the club about Hallberg and Mackie other than an occasional JR fudge.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; Today at 10:51 AM.

  19. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any chance we could get meaningful injured player updates.
    It's one of the real basics that supporters want to know.
    There has been next to no information from the club about Hallberg and Mackie other than an occasional JR fudge.
    Aye get that on tik tok - maybe they could be in a hospital bed and it transitions into them standing up on crutches or something? With a funny tune or voiceover in the background.

  20. #79
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,468
    If you aren't on MySpace then you're a nobody.

  21. #80
    @hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    18,143
    Where is the Hibs Bebo account?
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16


  22. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye get that on tik tok - maybe they could be in a hospital bed and it transitions into them standing up on crutches or something? With a funny tune or voiceover in the background.
    Sorry, went off topic after reading the link early in the thread about the shape of our online communication and content moving forward.
    As for tik tok I presume it is for brain dead pish like the bollocks above.
    I would like to think it is aimed at our very young supporters.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; Today at 12:07 PM.

  23. #82
    @hibs.net private member Coco Bryce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Just outside the box !!
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,994
    Any grown man with a Tik-Tok account needs their hard drive checked.

  24. #83
    Testimonial Due LaMotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    EH4
    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any grown man with a Tik-Tok account needs their hard drive checked.
    Facebook, Twitter and Instagram recieved the same type of comments when they were emerging.

    I think its pretty sensible for many grown men to have tik tok accounts so they can understand more about the worlds fastest growing social media site. It's going to be pivotal for businesses going forward and it will play a big part in young peoples lives. 50% of tik tok users are actually over the age of 34 and that number will grow. There's loads of crap on it but there are useful things on it too - travel tips, restaurant suggestions, self help advice etc etc. No harm in embracing it

  25. #84
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    North Edinurgh
    Posts
    385

  26. #85
    @hibs.net private member Coco Bryce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Just outside the box !!
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,994
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Facebook, Twitter and Instagram recieved the same type of comments when they were emerging.

    I think its pretty sensible for many grown men to have tik tok accounts so they can understand more about the worlds fastest growing social media site. It's going to be pivotal for businesses going forward and it will play a big part in young peoples lives. 50% of tik tok users are actually over the age of 34 and that number will grow. There's loads of crap on it but there are useful things on it too - travel tips, restaurant suggestions, self help advice etc etc. No harm in embracing it
    🤔

    "Roughly 50% of TikTok's global audience is under the age of 34 with 32.5% aged between 10 and 19. 41 percent of TikTok users are aged between 16 and 24. TikTok users spend an average of 52 minutes per day on the app. In less than 18 months, the number of US adult TikTok users grew 5.5 times. 4 Jan 2021"
    Last edited by Coco Bryce; Today at 05:50 PM.

  27. #86
    Testimonial Due LaMotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    EH4
    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    🤔

    "Roughly 50% of TikTok's global audience is under the age of 34 with 32.5% aged between 10 and 19. 41 percent of TikTok users are aged between 16 and 24. TikTok users spend an average of 52 minutes per day on the app. In less than 18 months, the number of US adult TikTok users grew 5.5 times. 4 Jan 2021"
    Struggling to understand your point here mate?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)