hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hibs on Tik Tok

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Hibs on Tik Tok

I just saw on the club's Facebook that Hibs are now on Tik Tok - "give us a follow for some unique content".

That's all well and good, but is anyone else becoming confused (& pissed off) by the club's scatter gun approach to social media.

I like to follow the official output. Apart from anything else it helps when trying to stick t the facts among mountains of speculation.

However, we now have the official site, Hibs TV, Hibs YouTube channel, Twitter, Recast and now Tik Tok.

It's obviously a good thing that we're present on all of these media, but the problem is that different info is often posted in different places. I for one don't want to troll through all these different sites to check whether I'm up to date.

I know things are still evolving on the official comms' front, but I really hope they'll rationalise the output.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just saw on the club's Facebook that Hibs are now on Tik Tok - "give us a follow for some unique content".

That's all well and good, but is anyone else becoming confused (& pissed off) by the club's scatter gun approach to social media.

I like to follow the official output. Apart from anything else it helps when trying to stick t the facts among mountains of speculation.

However, we now have the official site, Hibs TV, Hibs YouTube channel, Twitter, Recast and now Tik Tok.

It's obviously a good thing that we're present on all of these media, but the problem is that different info is often posted in different places. I for one don't want to troll through all these different sites to check whether I'm up to date.

I know things are still evolving on the official comms' front, but I really hope they'll rationalise the output.
    Twitter and Facebook should be the Club's primary social media channel and all news items should be posted on Official Site with Twitter/FB linking to the articles.

nope.

if its essential they will email it.

Absolutely nothing useful will be posted on the tiktok, dont worry about that.

Agree, particularly with this part in bold.

For example Hibs put a tweet out earlier today with a chance to win hospitality for two this Saturday, all you had to do was comment who was our current top scorer.

As far as I can see there's not been anything posted on Facebook with regards to this competition, unless I've missed it.

There may be a reason as to why this has only gone onto Twitter and not Facebook (I'm not on Instagram so not sure about that) but I don't know what that might be.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    The firm I used to work for did this kind of thing - whenever a new platform came on they would sign up, pretend it was going to be the next big thing..........and slowly it would die off.

I suspect that they are trying to appeal to a broad age spectrum, and hope that they will bring appropriate content to the appropriate platform - if someone is doing a pish 30 second dance it will be on Tik Tok !

However, I still think that main messaging will be via email, and stuff like match updates will continue on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    nope.

if its essential they will email it.
    What if your interest goes beyond the essential?

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

There are appears to be Hibs supporters that would disagree with that, giving the amount of moaning at every decision that's made.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    Twitter and Facebook should be the Club's primary social media channel and all news items should be posted on Official Site with Twitter/FB linking to the articles.
    So where do YouTube & Hibs TV come into it?

As it stands we get clips, interviews, goal highlights, etc. posted to Twitter, Hibs TV & YouTube - sometimes on one of them but not the others, sometimes on 2 of them - but rarely all 3.

That's the sort of thing they could do with rationalising IMO.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    If folks want to see Squirrel in a Sumosuit with mankini take on Nisbet then TikTok it is but for all sensible stuff you’ll look to other channels.

In terms of scattergun I can imagine they are trying to fine tune the right blend of content and possibly testing out ideas that they can only see if they get the intended reaction/response if they trial it.

but really for a consistent message it should be the same across channels. They appear to be trying to differentiate content for recast to get some additional revenues. - I found it a bit of a pain.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Do you have a point? I don't see it.

Before you answer, I'd point out that there's a huge difference between moaning for the sake of it and constructive criticism.

What if your interest goes beyond the essential?
    Then you've got multiple platforms to satisfy your interests

Alternatively come on here and hear from the experts

Do you have a point? I don't see it.

Before you answer, I'd point out that there's a huge difference between moaning for the sake of it and constructive criticism.
    What category are you in today?

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    What category are you in today?
    Given that I've highlighted what I see as a problem, then suggested that rationalising the output would improve the situation, I'd say more constructive criticism than anything else

Coaching Staff

Agree 100%

It's another sign the club is growing imo. The commercial side of the club, including social media, is bigger than we've ever known.

I thought Tick Tock was an expression used when predicting the demise of Hearts a few years back.

Don't tell me it has some other meaning as well?

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    For the over 40s, what’s Tik Tok

Don’t see the issue.

Different demographics use different social media platforms. Different social media platforms have slightly different content because of that.

Hibs may post different content on each one, but that’ll be deliberately done based on the platforms they feel it’s suitable for. If you want to keep up to date with absolutely everyone then get every social media platform. If you don’t want to keep up to date with Tick Tock style Hibs news then don’t bother getting Tick Tock.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    It's where people post short videos (between 30 seconds & 2 minutes IIRC) of themselves doing stuff that they think is funny or interesting, including a high proportion of girls/women teasing.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter
    Tiktok
    YouTube

All have different demographics and are unique in their own way.

See no problem with Hibs having content in TikTok. They must have done their research or had feedback that it’s worth having content in there. Keeps our communication diverse.

Think of it like midfielders. We have RW RM CM CDM DM LM LW AM etc. They are all midfielders but play a different role.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Hatrick View Post
    Don’t see the issue.

Different demographics use different social media platforms. Different social media platforms have slightly different content because of that.

Hibs may post different content on each one, but that’ll be deliberately done based on the platforms they feel it’s suitable for. If you want to keep up to date with absolutely everyone then get every social media platform. If you don’t want to keep up to date with Tick Tock style Hibs news then don’t bother getting Tick Tock.
    So do you think that post match interviews should only be posted on twitter but not Hibs TV or YouTube? That's the sort of stuff I'm meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter
    Tiktok
    YouTube

All have different demographics and are unique in their own way.

See no problem with Hibs having content in TikTok. They must have done their research or had feedback that it’s worth having content in there. Keeps our communication diverse.

Think of it like midfielders. We have RW RM CM CDM DM LM LW AM etc. They are all midfielders but play a different role.
    But we can watch them all at the same time.

A massive waste of time for anyone to be honest.

Its essentially malware as well. Not something you want on your phone. Apparently about 1000 times worse than facebook for breaching your privacy and security.

@hibs.net private member
    It's just a fun platform for people to post stuff it's a mix of everything you can think of and I assume it uses algorithms or something and you see stuff you may like. So what you view or press the like button you'll see more of the same. Lots of daft dances, cooking, arguing, funny stuff . There's actually a lot of educational stuff on it if you find it. I follow a historian who tells stories I enjoy and a histology woman which I find really interesting

It's huge and I think Hibs would be daft not to use it . I'm seeing more and more bands singers and actors using it. It's one of those things that you nip on for a quick look and 20 mins later you look up again. It's more for clips rather than news and interviews I'd imagine
    Last edited by Jay; 11-10-2021 at 05:20 PM.

So do you think that post match interviews should only be posted on twitter but not Hibs TV or YouTube? That's the sort of stuff I'm meaning.
    I think they make sense being on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Hibs TV. To a lesser extent they make sense on Instagram and they would make no sense on say Tick Tock are Snapchat imo.

@hibs.net private member

Hibs on Tik Tok

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Hatrick View Post
    I think they make sense being on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Hibs TV. To a lesser extent they make sense on Instagram and they would make no sense on say Tick Tock are Snapchat imo.
    I suspect many of us are not the target audience on tik tok . it will make sense to young kids who connect with most of their content through those platforms
    Last edited by bigwheel; 11-10-2021 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I suspect many of us are not the target audience on tick tock …..it will make sense to young kids who connect with most of their content through those platforms
    Yeah definitely. And I’d suspect it’ll be a totally different type of content because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    It's just a fun platform for people to post stuff it's a mix of everything you can think of and I assume it uses algorithms or something and you see stuff you may like. So what you view or press the like button you'll see more of the same. Lots of daft dances, cooking, arguing, funny stuff . There's actually a lot of educational stuff on it if you find it. I follow a historian who tells stories I enjoy and a histology woman which I find really interesting

It's huge and I think Hibs would be daft not to use it . I'm seeing more and more bands singers and actors using it. It's one of those things that you nip on for a quick look and 20 mins later you look up again. It's more for clips rather than news and interviews I'd imagine

Could you clarify in what way that would be a useful tool for a football club?

I'm not really getting that part of it, but genuinely interested as to how it would be useful.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Could you clarify in what way that would be a useful tool for a football club?

I'm not really getting that part of it, but genuinely interested as to how it would be useful.
    Is it any different from Facebook? They put clips of goals on it for the world to see? Why not? I don't get the issue. It's free, it's advertising and has a massive worldwide audience . People who don't even know who the club are will see the clips. Accounts on other platforms generally have to be found by the user. Tiktok videos just land on your page so not a limited audience
    Last edited by Jay; 11-10-2021 at 05:28 PM.