2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ron's son, unbelievable.
    Being debated extensively on the Graham Mathie thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    Being debated extensively on the Graham Mathie thread
    So I see now, but deserves its own thread, genuinely shocked.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    So I see now, but deserves its own thread, genuinely shocked.
    Why?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Why?
    Why what?

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Why what?
    i think he is asking why your shocked that RG’s son has been given a role within the club?

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    i think he is asking why your shocked that RG’s son has been given a role within the club?
    Because he doesn't appear to have any relevant experience for the role he's been given.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Because he doesn't appear to have any relevant experience for the role he's been given.
    And the manner of it as well - being let slip quietly.

@hibs.net private member
    Father owns club employs son could argue he’s here long term including his family and giving his son (who could take over in the future) an opportunity to learn the business. Personally I think it could be a good thing.

He’s smart enough not to throw his son under a bus. Time will tell.

If it's us putting an official label on the work he's already been doing, I'd be a bit more comfortable with this.

If it's a normal appointment for a position we've been actively trying to recruit for, then it's a red flag. That's not to say Ian can't be a perfectly capable and talented Head of Recruitment, but until he displays that, this appointment will be widely labelled as cronyism.

We should have announced it.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

I don’t know anything about him, what did he do for a living previously?

Whilst I’m a little worried about the apparent cronyism his role might be more of the people management side instead of the actual scouting and recruitment.

Who knows, time will tell.

@hibs.net private member St.Kristopher's Avatar
    He was behind the Charleston Battery link and also the Mueller transfer. He was also praised highly at the time by Mathie in the press.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Never seen the phrase ‘Time will tell’ used so often!

I don’t know anything about him, what did he do for a living previously?
    Pretty certain he's not had a role in British football at any level whatsoever previously. Considering that's 90% of our market for recruitment it's a very strange appointment.

Ron's son, unbelievable.
    Is it really unbelievable? He will probably end up owning the club in the future.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.s...-3387818%3famp

This article suggests that Ian Gordon was the one reviewing the overall structure of the club and the various departments which obviously led to the decision that Mathies role was not needed.

Maybe his role as head of recruitment has a wider spec than simply signing players which is what people are assuming. We’re growing as a club and we have dozens of different departments with hundreds of employees behind the scenes now, there needs to be the right structure in place for that and we’ve seen loads of jobs being advertised at the club recently so it might be as simple as him overseeing this side of things as opposed to being the one tasked with identifying and signing players alone.

From what I’ve read it sounds like Kensall wants to have a more hands-on role in signing players alongside the manager anyway.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Pretty certain he's not had a role in British football at any level whatsoever previously. Considering that's 90% of our market for recruitment it's a very strange appointment.
    Neither has Ivan Kepcija but we seem to be happy with the prospect of linking up with him for player recruitment in some form according to this?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-join-forces-with-former-hajduk-split-and-legia-warsaw-man-ivan-kepcija-in-bid-to-boost-player-recruitment-3329480%3famp

Funnily enough this guys also listed on Linkdin as our head of recruitment - maybe it’s some sort of honorary title lol

Neither has Ivan Kepcija but we seem to be happy with the prospect of linking up with him for player recruitment in some form according to this?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-join-forces-with-former-hajduk-split-and-legia-warsaw-man-ivan-kepcija-in-bid-to-boost-player-recruitment-3329480%3famp

Funnily enough this guys also listed on Linkdin as our head of recruitment - maybe it’s some sort of honorary title lol
    Not even comparable in the slightest.

One is a guy involved in a link up in a pretty obscure area for recruitment and not even employed by Hibs and the other is now the Head of Recruitment at the football club.

Again, he's had literally no involvement, to the best of my knowledge, with British football previously where 90% of our recruitment is from.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

One is a guy involved in a link up in a pretty obscure area for recruitment and not even employed by Hibs and the other is now the Head of Recruitment at the football club.

Again, he's had literally no involvement, to the best of my knowledge, with British football previously where 90% of our recruitment is from.
    So maybe the club are keen to start thinking outside the box when it comes to recruitment, so many people on here panic at the slightest wee thing

Could it simply be head of recruitment means sign the players identified by the recruitment team and manager and get then done instead of faffing about last minute. We have people already in place to do the scouting and analysing stuff, we just need someone to get the signatures on the papers.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.s...-3387818%3famp

This article suggests that Ian Gordon was the one reviewing the overall structure of the club and the various departments which obviously led to the decision that Mathies role was not needed.

Maybe his role as head of recruitment has a wider spec than simply signing players which is what people are assuming. We’re growing as a club and we have dozens of different departments with hundreds of employees behind the scenes now, there needs to be the right structure in place for that and we’ve seen loads of jobs being advertised at the club recently so it might be as simple as him overseeing this side of things as opposed to being the one tasked with identifying and signing players alone.

From what I’ve read it sounds like Kensall wants to have a more hands-on role in signing players alongside the manager anyway.
    A question I raised on the Mathie thread - only to be assured it was football recruitment. Where the poster got that info from though I have no idea. It could be a much wider recruitment role he’s been tasked with.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

Maybe we don’t want 90% of our recruitment going forward from the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Maybe we don’t want 90% of our recruitment going forward from the UK?
    It will always be the main source of recruitment. Would be mad to think otherwise, especially since Brexit.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    It will always be the main source of recruitment. Would be mad to think otherwise, especially since Brexit.
    Have we sacked all our recruitment analysts?

I don't like this at all, it's a huge red flag for me, particularly with it not being formally announced by the club as far as I'm aware.

It's a pretty worrying development for me and a massive risk by Ron Gordon, if it doesn't work out he'll come in for a lot criticism for this.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I don't like this at all, it's a huge red flag for me, particularly with it not being formally announced by the club as far as I'm aware.

It's a pretty worrying development for me and a massive risk by Ron Gordon, if it doesn't work out he'll come in for a lot criticism for this.
    Agreed, very strange and risky.

I'm not as worried as you but I understand the sentiments, it looks to me as though it's a father giving his son a way into the football industry that from the outside in looks as though he isn't qualified for.

It doesn't look great, but IMO Ron has enough merit in the tank not to be too worried.

I'm not as worried as you but I understand the sentiments, it looks to me as though it's a father giving his son a way into the football industry that from the outside in looks as though he isn't qualified for.

It doesn't look great, but IMO Ron has enough merit in the tank not to be too worried.
    I just think the way that it's happened and fans just finding out only because they happened to come across it on the club directory on the website looks really shifty.

I expect complete transparency from the club on issues like this. Whether or not that was the intention, the silence from the club about this appointment just makes it seem like rich daddy giving his son a job.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

He's already being criticised.