hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You'd have a better case for saying that poor refereeing of Lundstrom's lunge on Doig cost us.

As I've explained elsewhere, Porteous had to ensure that he got to the ball ahead of Aribo because there was no-one behind him. And Porteous did just that long before Aribo tripped over him.
    Or he could have stayed on his feet and got in a foot race with Aribo? Or he could have stayed on his feet and ushered him out to the wing?

However I appreciate it was in the heat of the battle and he decided the best action was to slide in and win the ball. As JR said tho, that then gives the ref an opportunity to dish out a red card.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    He certainly didnt need to dive in, he could have won the ball without the lunge, still wasnt a red card but the appeal failed so it is what it is, we may not have won the gane with 11 on the park but it made it so much harder having 10, he will get my full support after his ban though

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    Not many to be fair. Remember being one myself.

However, he is getting guidance every day. It's not like someone at the club will wake up today and say, oh I better give Ryan some advice! He is getting it drummed in to him everyday at training, probably since he was a wee laddie. He has to learn.

As Pat Stanton used to say to me, you are all the man you are ever going to be at 16/17. If you don't learn by then, you'll never learn.
    No offence to Pat but that’s absolutely nonsense. I hate to think what I felt I knew at 16/17 to what I really know at 39.

@hibs.net private member
    Some good news?

Ryan Porteous opens Hibs contract talks as defender next in line for new Easter Road deal

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...tract-25197353

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    No offence to Pat but that’s absolutely nonsense. I hate to think what I felt I knew at 16/17 to what I really know at 39.
    Exactly, i loved Pat as a player, he's my all time favorite player, but he was talking out his erse when he said that.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Exactly, i loved Pat as a player, he's my all time favorite player, but he was talking out his erse when he said that.
    There could be the possibility that Loanheadhibby is talking out his erse in taking something God said out of context. Someone's character could be formed at 16-17 but they could also be open to more education.

If we all stopped learning at that age the world would be a lot messier than the mess it is.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kato; 13-10-2021 at 08:09 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    There could be the possibility that Loanheadhibby is talking out his erse in taking something God said out of context. Someone's character could be formed at 16-17 but they could also be open to more education.

If we all stopped learning at that age the world would be a lot messier than the mess it is.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    think I know which one I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    You'd have a better case for saying that poor refereeing of Lundstrom's lunge on Doig cost us.

As I've explained elsewhere, Porteous had to ensure that he got to the ball ahead of Aribo because there was no-one behind him. And Porteous did just that long before Aribo tripped over him.
    He didn’t have to slide in. You hold up the player, delay his attacking run, show him to the outside. No need for any slide tackle in that area of the pitch. Worst case he can drag him by his shirt and get a yellow.