hibs.net Messageboard

International Breaks

I can see why they have them as players are going to play games all over the world, but sometimes it is three weeks between home games. If your team is playing well it can upset the momentum of the team. Oh for the old days when all internationals were played midweek.
    Suppose it gives us longer to moan about the Rangers game.
    Last edited by gbhibby; 08-10-2021 at 09:14 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can see why they have them as players are going to play games all over the world, but sometimes it is three weeks between home games. If your team is playing well it can upset the momentum of the team. Oh for the old days when all internationals were played midweek.
    Suppose it gives us longer to moan about the Rangers game.
    I find them frustrating too. As you say, I'd rather Hibs had the chance to get back to winning ways asap after Ibrox.

It's maybe partly to do with the fact Scotland have never done much for nigh on 25 years, but I find international football a very pale shadow of the club game.

I usually fall almost in to a state of depression during international breaks. Completely buggers up my routine. Can't stand international football and probably won't tune in to the Scotland game. However on this occasion i think it's come at a perfect time for the squad. We are limping along at the moment and that was a big effort at Ibrox both physically and emotionally. We should be almost back to full strength after this little break with the exception of Doidge who will be another week or two closer.
    Last edited by Since452; 08-10-2021 at 02:18 PM.

I'm not a fan of the international breaks but I did like one suggestion buried in the small print of the ridiculous plan to hold the World Cup every two years, and that was the suggestion that international breaks could be longer but fewer to reduce the travel required of the players.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I have little interest in International football I’d rather be watching the Hibs.