hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Hermit have Scotrail done away with the friends and family fare or have I just missed the boat? A couple of years ago I'm sure the 3 or 4 of us could travel for £40-50 return to Inverness and Aberdeen. Been checking for over a month now for Aberdeen and Dingwall and havn't seen the option for it. No advanced fares either - standard fare off almost 70 quid return for Ross County and £55 return for Aberdeen is all i've seen.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hermit have Scotrail done away with the friends and family fare or have I just missed the boat? A couple of years ago I'm sure the 3 or 4 of us could travel for £40-50 return to Inverness and Aberdeen. Been checking for over a month now for Aberdeen and Dingwall and havn't seen the option for it. No advanced fares either - standard fare off almost 70 quid return for Ross County and £55 return for Aberdeen is all i've seen.
    They were called group save tickets and I think they're long gone although I'm not 100% sure. I haven't heard of them for a while.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Is anyone aware if other clubs are doing similar? I'm hoping to get to the St Johnstone away game at the end of November as we are in Perth the night before for Adam Kay. Saying that, I think McDiarmid Park is just over 10k capacity and they get rubbish crowds anyway, so it probably won't apply there.

This utter nonsense is just the latest in a line of measures designed to reduce the quality of life for most people. It’s hard to maintain this is about health reasons. They don’t seem to have any coherent strategy other than harass, inconvenience and economically exploit the populace.

Hopefully it falls apart as soon as possible.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Is anyone aware if other clubs are doing similar? I'm hoping to get to the St Johnstone away game at the end of November as we are in Perth the night before for Adam Kay. Saying that, I think McDiarmid Park is just over 10k capacity and they get rubbish crowds anyway, so it probably won't apply there.
    Won’t be anymore than 6k at Perth, you’ll be fine

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This utter nonsense is just the latest in a line of measures designed to reduce the quality of life for most people. It’s hard to maintain this is about health reasons. They don’t seem to have any coherent strategy other than harass, inconvenience and economically exploit the populace.

That's a bit harsh on Aberdeen fc 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    5 returns to Glasgow last weekend cost £45 in the ticket office rather than £13 odds individually. Buy them in there as I don’t think they show online.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post

The attendance is rarely more than 5k when we go there, so should be no trouble at all.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 15-10-2021 at 06:52 PM.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post

2500 positive tests and 25 deaths each day tells me it’s about health reasons, I want my ability to attend events to continue, the minor inconvenience of having a vaccine passport requirement to attend some events is not a problem for me.