hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Scotland

Massive week coming up, and for once I'm quite looking forward to the internarional break. Win both games and that should be us in the playoffs. Big if mind.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Saturday is huge, must win!

If anyone has any tickets for the away game, please let me know. I'm looking for 2

I have 2 tickets for Israel game on saturday if anyone is interested. Face value.

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have 2 tickets for Israel game on saturday if anyone is interested. Face value.

Yes please pal if still available?

First Team Breakthrough
    Looking forward to going to hampden on Saturday, hopefully the team can get the win.

Huge game, I feel slightly embarrassed to say I think this will be my first Scotland match at Hampden, and first one since 2004.

Always had followed the mantra when I was younger of 'well I already support one team that disappoints me' 😂

But safe to say I've jumped on the band wagon, and I can't wait.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    The wee man's going with his pals and I'm concerned.

I've not been paying too much attention to the rail disruptions or that but are there likely to be problems with the trains?

I went to the Poland game a few years ago and know the script for getting to/from Hampden but is there anything else to be aware of? Appreciate any response from people who regularly attend that take the train.

I see the Scottish Premiership will be shut down for a month when the World Cup takes place in Qatar at the end of 2022.

I'm guessing this applies even if we don't qualify?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58819535

@hibs.net private member
    Delighted I can take my son as entry isn't going to be refused if not double jagged. Sensible decision

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post

I've not been paying too much attention to the rail disruptions or that but are there likely to be problems with the trains?

I went to the Poland game a few years ago and know the script for getting to/from Hampden but is there anything else to be aware of? Appreciate any response from people who regularly attend that take the train.
    Trains should be fine or they better be as that is how I am getting through. Strikes are Sunday only so should be no issue. Assuming he knows to get trains from Glasgow central to mount Florida to get to Hampden. Given the earlier kick off assume everything should go ok.

@hibs.net private member

Normal service on a Saturday so shouldn’t be any disruptions. If going to Hampden on the train, be at Glasgow Central pretty sharp as the last game was a nightmare

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Trains should be fine or they better be as that is how I am getting through. Strikes are Sunday only so should be no issue. Assuming he knows to get trains from Glasgow central to mount Florida to get to Hampden. Given the earlier kick off assume everything should go ok.
    I'm taking my son to his first Scotland game, was nagging me since the Euros saying he wanted to go to one (he is 9). Managed to get tickets for this and the train.
    Ive never actually been to Hampden on anything but a supporters bus/car. I take it the train is easy enough Waverly to QS. Walk to Central then to Mount Florida?
    Getting there, im not too worried about, but getting back after the match I take it MF is mobbed and chances of needing to wait for a train or 2 to pass if full is likely?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Normal service on a Saturday so shouldn’t be any disruptions. If going to Hampden on the train, be at Glasgow Central pretty sharp as the last game was a nightmare

ScotRail are strengthening and putting on extra services between Glasgow Central and Mount Florida/Queens Park.

Also nearly all the services between Edinburgh and Glasgow Queen Street via Falkirk High are 8 cars so theres plenty room on them too but they're only every 30 minutes now instead of every 15 minutes like they used to be. Don't take the ones that go via Shotts or Cumbernauld as they take up 90 minute to get to Glasgow as they stop everywhere.

Mind face coverings still mandatory and bevy is completely banned on all ScotRail services at all times now, don't give the over zealous Glasgow bizzes an easy collar.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    ScotRail are strengthening and putting on extra services between Glasgow Central and Mount Florida/Queens Park.

Also nearly all the services between Edinburgh and Glasgow Queen Street via Falkirk High are 8 cars so theres plenty room on them too but they're only every 30 minutes now instead of every 15 minutes like they used to be. Don't take the ones that go via Shotts or Cumbernauld as they take up 90 minute to get to Glasgow as they stop everywhere.

Mind face coverings still mandatory and bevy is completely banned on all ScotRail services at all times now, don't give the over zealous Glasgow bizzes an easy collar.
    While walking down to Hampden at the Moldova game a few weeks back. The bizzes didn't seem to care if anyone was drinking in the street.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I'm taking my son to his first Scotland game, was nagging me since the Euros saying he wanted to go to one (he is 9). Managed to get tickets for this and the train.
    Ive never actually been to Hampden on anything but a supporters bus/car. I take it the train is easy enough Waverly to QS. Walk to Central then to Mount Florida?
    Getting there, im not too worried about, but getting back after the match I take it MF is mobbed and chances of needing to wait for a train or 2 to pass if full is likely?
    Exactly that. Would give yourself a bit of time to get there as queuing system at central. Trains mount Florida every 10 or 15 mins. Coming back huge queue at mount Florida but semi regular trains so goes down relatively quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    While walking down to Hampden at the Moldova game a few weeks back. The bizzes didn't seem to care if anyone was drinking in the street.

Thats not on a train though is it.

This is what I don't get, a Scotland game nobody gives a **** about bevy in the streets etc but a domestic league fixture and the police stop fans going into games if caught drinking in the street. I seen a boy getting lifted just at railway bridges at Roseburn before the last derby for having a bevy. If that was a Scotland game it wouldn't have happened.

This is what I don't get, a Scotland game nobody gives a **** about bevy in the streets etc but a domestic league fixture and the police stop fans going into games if caught drinking in the street. I seen a boy getting lifted just at railway bridges at Roseburn before the last derby for having a bevy. If that was a Scotland game it wouldn't have happened.
    What law is it you are breaking drinking o a train? You may be asked to stop or leave the train as its Scotrails policy.......what are you being "collared" for?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    What law is it you are breaking drinking o a train? You may be asked to stop or leave the train as its Scotrails policy.......what are you being "collared" for?
    Breaking the no drinking on trains law 😜

Or it’s not from a plastic cup in the first class carriage..

I’m surprised if it was just for drinking. Police at Tynie are happy for you to be drinking as long as it goes into the bin at the entrance to the steward checks.

It would have. My old man (the most sensible man in our group, if not on the street at that time) got booked for taking a swig of beer just after stepping off our bus to Hampden. Not the same as being lifted but ******** polis will be ******** polis regardless of the game.. particularly in Glasgow.

I presume all you need is to wear a lanyard. Just back from living abroad for a while and I've never seen the likes of the numbers claiming exemption. This has to be the sickest country anywhere if this is real!!

Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    I presume all you need is to wear a lanyard. Just back from living abroad for a while and I've never seen the likes of the numbers claiming exemption. This has to be the sickest country anywhere if this is real!!

You can get hold of those lanyards no problem at all, add into the fact that nobody is allowed to be questioned about their non wearing of masks makes it a free for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post

It will be some anti social behaviour law somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I’m surprised if it was just for drinking. Police at Tynie are happy for you to be drinking as long as it goes into the bin at the entrance to the steward checks.

It was about 11:15 in the morning. Looked like it was just for having a bevy. Who knows though.

@hibs.net private member
    It was about 11:15 in the morning. Looked like it was just for having a bevy. Who knows though.
    There were about 1000 folk standing at the Roseburn corner drinking in the street with the police around

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    I see the Scottish Premiership will be shut down for a month when the World Cup takes place in Qatar at the end of 2022.

I'm guessing this applies even if we don't qualify?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58819535
    Farce

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Re W/C dates. At least we won't have the usual 3 December midweek games away to the furthest points in the football map. Not sure where the run of Celtc, Huns, Jambos in the same week will happen, just that it usually does.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Thanks to all who responded to my post, much appreciated.

Hope you all enjoy the game.

What are we thinking should be our starting eleven for Saturday?
    Mine would be:

Gordon
    Hendry Hanley Tierney
    Patterson Mctominay Gilmour SJM Robertson
    Adams Dykes

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    What are we thinking should be our starting eleven for Saturday?
    Mine would be:

Gordon
    Hendry Hanley Tierney
    Patterson Mctominay Gilmour SJM Robertson
    Adams Dykes
    Hanley is suspended