hibs.net Messageboard

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Scotland

@hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    I've gone ahead and predicted the outcomes of the other groups; based on what I think, the final standings for each one (with results against bottom side removed) look like this:

Seeded:
    Russia +8 19
    Serbia +8 18
    Switzerland +11 17
    Spain +9 16
    Poland +9 15

Unseeded:
    Czech Republic +5 14
    Norway +3 14
    Romania +2 13
    Ukraine +1 10

We're currently on +5 GD and 14 points, which would be the same as the Czech Republic. I'd say we'll probably go into the Denmark game needing at least a point to be seeded.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were really poor, Scotland were awful and had no idea how to break them down.

Theyíve won 9 times in 5 years - all against Latvia, Moldova, Malta, Liechtenstein, Andorra - conceding 3+ on 14 occasions in that time. If thatís not a bad side Iíve no idea what is.
    Twice this week they've played much bigger nations, had chances and been unlucky.

Scotland should be winning but they're not as bad as you're making out. For me, it's like Old Firm against someone like Killie - clear who the winner should be but no guarantees.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I've gone ahead and predicted the outcomes of the other groups; based on what I think, the final standings for each one (with results against bottom side removed) look like this:

Seeded:
    Russia +8 19
    Serbia +8 18
    Switzerland +11 17
    Spain +9 16
    Poland +9 15

Unseeded:
    Czech Republic +5 14
    Norway +3 14
    Romania +2 13
    Ukraine +1 10

We're currently on +5 GD and 14 points, which would be the same as the Czech Republic. I'd say we'll probably go into the Denmark game needing at least a point to be seeded.
    Looks like it'll be Austria and one of Wales or Czech Republic joining that list as non-seeded teams. I think Spain will do enough to get over the line in 1st in their group as well, so I would expect Sweden to be the seed from there.

Bottom line is, seeded or not seeded, it's going to be a very difficult task to beat 2 of those teams and make it to the WC. Nice to have the chance though!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    well done the TA

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Twice this week they've played much bigger nations, had chances and been unlucky.

Scotland should be winning but they're not as bad as you're making out. For me, it's like Old Firm against someone like Killie - clear who the winner should be but no guarantees.
    More like Rangers v Brora Rangers and there's no way Brora should beat a 'big' full-time club...oh, wait a minute.

Iíve no doubt that Scotland will blow it.