hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Scott Allan

Scott Allan

Sorry if discussed elsewhere but haven't seen.
    I bet part of what he said to Walsh on Sunday to get the yellow card was how his decision had cost him his part in the game.
    Can't blame him either after battling back into the starting XI and then have that tube be responsible for getting subbed first half, it was always going to be him sacrificed but in the same way Newell kept the ball if Scott had been kept on then we may have got up the pitch in possession a little more.
    Who would have made way if Scott stayed on, Nisbet?
    Very difficult decision but not the one I'd have made tbh. Can see why Scott was chosen though

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry if discussed elsewhere but haven't seen.
    I bet part of what he said to Walsh on Sunday to get the yellow card was how his decision had cost him his part in the game.
    Can't blame him either after battling back into the starting XI and then have that tube be responsible for getting subbed first half, it was always going to be him sacrificed but in the same way Newell kept the ball if Scott had been kept on then we may have got up the pitch in possession a little more.
    Who would have made way if Scott stayed on, Nisbet?
    Very difficult decision but not the one I'd have made tbh. Can see why Scott was chosen though
    I thought Jack Ross made the right substitution taking Scotty off and Daz on. I thought he should have taken Kevin off at half time and brought Gogic on leaving Boyler up front on his own and played 2 banks of 4 killing any space for them to work in.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    I thought Jack Ross made the right substitution taking Scotty off and Daz on. I thought he should have taken Kevin off at half time and brought Gogic on leaving Boyler up front on his own and played 2 banks of 4 killing any space for them to work in.
    But in his interview he said he thought we could still get a win, hence why he didn't change a lot, I'm delighted he had that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    But in his interview he said he thought we could still get a win, hence why he didn't change a lot, I'm delighted he had that attitude.
    Yup. He also says he thinks we'll be challenging this season which is brilliant to hear. From what i saw in the first half against the best team in the country i tend to believe him. He did the right thing leaving Nisbet and Boyle on. Allan was the obvious choice to come off. Shame for anyone to be sacrificed as we were controlling the game. That's football.

Admirable attitude but IMO I think he got it wrong. We gave up too much space to let them play in after the sending off.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Admirable attitude but IMO I think he got it wrong. We gave up too much space to let them play in after the sending off.
    They scored because of 2 defensive errors, which he said he was mostly annoyed about, we gifted them both goals. Cut out these mistakes and we win more games.

They scored because of 2 defensive errors, which he said he was mostly annoyed about, we gifted them both goals. Cut out these mistakes and we win more games.
    I’ll hold my breath in that regard, it’s something we clearly don’t work on in training. Still need a big rob jones type and mulgrew would’ve been perfect

@hibs.net private member
    This has been missed a bit in all the red card chat ….despite all their possession, they didn’t really cut through us much ..we should have defended better and got at least one point ….disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This has been missed a bit in all the red card chat ….despite all their possession, they didn’t really cut through us much ..we should have defended better and got at least one point ….disappointing
    That's the biggest frustration for me. Defend two crosses better and we're still winning that game even with 10 men. Rangers hadn't even had a shot on target by half time. I'm utterly convinced we would have won that game.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    That's the biggest frustration for me. Defend two crosses better and we're still winning that game even with 10 men. Rangers hadn't even had a shot on target by half time. I'm utterly convinced we would have won that game.
    Yes. Defo a missed opportunity ..could have really
    Set down a marker

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Yes. Defo a missed opportunity ..could have really
    Set down a marker
    Gerrard's celebrations at full time running around the pitch fist pumping and screaming suggest he knows it too.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Gerrard's celebrations at full time running around the pitch fist pumping and screaming suggest he knows it too.
    Yes. He knew it was important …let’s see what we are made off. Let’s go on another 10 game unbeaten run ….