hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 121 to 145 of 145
  1. #121
    I have to be honest, as much as I can’t stand the prick.. having watched his comments in full, rather than just read a couple of quotes on here, I’m struggling to be that upset about it now.

    Gerrard actually acknowledges that he was a bit of a dirty bastart (twice) and basically makes the same points some of us are about the challenge.. after being asked. Aye there was no need for “the kid’s not learning” but he also goes on to say its Jack Ross’ business (after correctly pointing out Porto let his teammates and manager down).

    Aye he’s a hun welt.. but I think this is just another thing getting blown out of proportion because of us losing what could have been a brilliant 3 points. Plenty managers make wee comments like this, deliberately or otherwise. Definitely no need for our supporters demanding that JR comes out blasting Gerrard.

    Don’t get me wrong - he’s still a complete and utter to55er.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    @hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Rosyth, Fife
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,719
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to be honest, as much as I can’t stand the prick.. having watched his comments in full, rather than just read a couple of quotes on here, I’m struggling to be that upset about it now.

    Gerrard actually acknowledges that he was a bit of a dirty bastart (twice) and basically makes the same points some of us are about the challenge.. after being asked. Aye there was no need for “the kid’s not learning” but he also goes on to say its Jack Ross’ business (after correctly pointing out Porto let his teammates and manager down).

    Aye he’s a hun welt.. but I think this is just another thing getting blown out of proportion because of us losing what could have been a brilliant 3 points. Plenty managers make wee comments like this, deliberately or otherwise. Definitely no need for our supporters demanding that JR comes out blasting Gerrard.

    Don’t get me wrong - he’s still a complete and utter to55er.
    “I had to learn”. Did he? At 35yrs old he was still getting sent off for needless challenges.
    All we need to remember is, if another manager was saying the same about Morelos, he wouldn’t be happy.
    Gerrard knows what he’s doing. It’s been around 2 years since Rangers have had a red card in the league - ever since Gerrard asked for “fairness”.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #123
    Can pretty much guarantee that he'll be targeted early doors in the semi.

  5. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to be honest, as much as I can’t stand the prick.. having watched his comments in full, rather than just read a couple of quotes on here, I’m struggling to be that upset about it now.

    Gerrard actually acknowledges that he was a bit of a dirty bastart (twice) and basically makes the same points some of us are about the challenge.. after being asked. Aye there was no need for “the kid’s not learning” but he also goes on to say its Jack Ross’ business (after correctly pointing out Porto let his teammates and manager down).

    Aye he’s a hun welt.. but I think this is just another thing getting blown out of proportion because of us losing what could have been a brilliant 3 points. Plenty managers make wee comments like this, deliberately or otherwise. Definitely no need for our supporters demanding that JR comes out blasting Gerrard.

    Don’t get me wrong - he’s still a complete and utter to55er.
    I agree with a lot of this. His comments do contradict Godwin’s comments from a few weeks ago when he commented on RP (to less outrage) about him being too soft.

  6. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    “I had to learn”. Did he? At 35yrs old he was still getting sent off for needless challenges.
    All we need to remember is, if another manager was saying the same about Morelos, he wouldn’t be happy.
    Gerrard knows what he’s doing. It’s been around 2 years since Rangers have had a red card in the league - ever since Gerrard asked for “fairness”.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely - which is why Hibs can't let this lie with regards to his scandalous comments.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  7. #126
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,146
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to be honest, as much as I can’t stand the prick.. having watched his comments in full, rather than just read a couple of quotes on here, I’m struggling to be that upset about it now.

    Gerrard actually acknowledges that he was a bit of a dirty bastart (twice) and basically makes the same points some of us are about the challenge.. after being asked. Aye there was no need for “the kid’s not learning” but he also goes on to say its Jack Ross’ business (after correctly pointing out Porto let his teammates and manager down).

    Aye he’s a hun welt.. but I think this is just another thing getting blown out of proportion because of us losing what could have been a brilliant 3 points. Plenty managers make wee comments like this, deliberately or otherwise. Definitely no need for our supporters demanding that JR comes out blasting Gerrard.

    Don’t get me wrong - he’s still a complete and utter to55er.


    A lot of people being slightly over-offended in my opinion.

  8. #127
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    15,600
    Re Gerrard - the fact that he put in the odd horror tackle and the fact that he wasn't universally popular didn't take away from the fact that he was a superb player.

    Porteous needs to be very careful who he listens to here and how much he chooses to adapt his game accordingly. There is definitely room for improvement in some areas but f*** taking advice from someone who doesn't have your interests at heart in any way.

  9. #128
    @hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    18,143
    Hope we see Gerrard in tears the next time we play them after beating them.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16


  10. #129
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Haddington/ Newhaven
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,250
    Least when the time comes for Porteous to move on and progress his career he’ll no have local gangsters telling him he can’t.

    Gerrard is pondlife and a total hypocrite. Well suited to Rangers. I cannot wait to scud him and that fat wee welt Morelos next month.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

  11. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    “I had to learn”. Did he? At 35yrs old he was still getting sent off for needless challenges.
    All we need to remember is, if another manager was saying the same about Morelos, he wouldn’t be happy.
    Gerrard knows what he’s doing. It’s been around 2 years since Rangers have had a red card in the league - ever since Gerrard asked for “fairness”.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't necessarily disagree with one word of that Callum. But was what he said really that bad or different from what gets said every week by one manager or another?

    "Scandalous" is completely over the top in my opinion.

    I hate the huns more than hearts - so I'm not entirely comfortable arguing against this I can assure you I just think the fallout of Sunday is making a few of us sound very 'Celticy' in our reaction and analysis... another uncomfortable position.

  12. #131
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    15,600
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't necessarily disagree with one word of that Callum. But was what he said really that bad or different from what gets said every week by one manager or another?

    "Scandalous" is completely over the top in my opinion.

    I hate the huns more than hearts - so I'm not entirely comfortable arguing against this I can assure you I just think the fallout of Sunday is making a few of us sound very 'Celticy' in our reaction and analysis... another uncomfortable position.
    I get your point here and I don't disagree with it but I do have sympathy for folk who may be losing patience and starting to act a bit unreasonable.

    At what point do you cry foul? If it's not after 4 consecutive games decided by the odd goal in games against Rangers with the game decided by a significant game-changing decision in Rangers' favour, then I don't know when it is.

    The decision and the game the other day is one thing, it can happen. It's starting to fit a pattern though, and that's where the conspiracy theories and Celticy nonsense can take hold.

  13. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get your point here and I don't disagree with it but I do have sympathy for folk who may be losing patience and starting to act a bit unreasonable.

    At what point do you cry foul? If it's not after 4 consecutive games decided by the odd goal in games against Rangers with the game decided by a significant game-changing decision in Rangers' favour, then I don't know when it is.

    The decision and the game the other day is one thing, it can happen. It's starting to fit a pattern though, and that's where the conspiracy theories and Celticy nonsense can take hold.
    Yep - fully accepted, Smartie

  14. #133
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    53,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get your point here and I don't disagree with it but I do have sympathy for folk who may be losing patience and starting to act a bit unreasonable.

    At what point do you cry foul? If it's not after 4 consecutive games decided by the odd goal in games against Rangers with the game decided by a significant game-changing decision in Rangers' favour, then I don't know when it is.

    The decision and the game the other day is one thing, it can happen. It's starting to fit a pattern though, and that's where the conspiracy theories and Celticy nonsense can take hold.
    It's not 4 games in a row for me though, add on numerous other cheating moments from Sunday all the way back to McCloy bringing down Colin Campbell for a stick on penalty that was ignored over 40 years ago.

    The referee's are corrupt.

  15. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope we see Gerrard in tears the next time we play them after beating them.
    I would absolutely love to see that happen next month at Hampden.

    There's very little that would make me happier.

    **** Steven Gerrard.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  16. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope we see Gerrard in tears the next time we play them after beating them.
    Porto header last minute winner. FWIW I think we'll win the semi.

  17. #136
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    53,757
    Can you imagine any manager or commentator saying what slippy said about one of his players, he'd go mental and they would be barred from their cesspit.

  18. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you imagine any manager or commentator saying what slippy said about one of his players, he'd go mental and they would be barred from their cesspit.
    Yep totally agree.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  19. #138
    As must as I agree Gerrard needs to mind his own business. There is still some truth in his comment. Porto is improving but he’s still putting in tackles like that when he doesn’t have to. A slide tackle is the last form of defending.

  20. #139
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    12,124
    Now that the appeal has been rejected it’s time to focus on the semi final and do our talking on the pitch.
    A great day out ruined by the football

  21. #140
    @hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    57
    Posts
    11,774
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you imagine any manager or commentator saying what slippy said about one of his players, he'd go mental and they would be barred from their cesspit.
    Correct. And neither should managers be saying these things about the employees of other clubs. I'm astonished that more isn't being made of this completely out of order intervention in the affairs of another club by the media, our club or indeed the football authorities.

    Or is it just open season now for employees of one club to start publicly assessing and criticising the internal workings of other clubs?

  22. #141
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    35,137
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct. And neither should managers be saying these things about the employees of other clubs. I'm astonished that more isn't being made of this completely out of order intervention in the affairs of another club by the media, our club or indeed the football authorities.

    Or is it just open season now for employees of one club to start publicly assessing and criticising the internal workings of other clubs?
    Agree totally Rangers appear to be able to say anything they want about other players other clubs referees Covid commercial deals etc without any apparent recourse or investigation. There used to be a regular bringing the game into disrepute charge which never seems to be used now. SFA seem to be incredibly passive and lacking in the will to get involved not sure to what extent that reflects Rods position as he was never one for taking them on when at our club. Whole game needs a shake governance wise.

  23. #142
    Coaching Staff mjhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portobello
    Age
    60
    Posts
    5,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get your point here and I don't disagree with it but I do have sympathy for folk who may be losing patience and starting to act a bit unreasonable.

    At what point do you cry foul? If it's not after 4 consecutive games decided by the odd goal in games against Rangers with the game decided by a significant game-changing decision in Rangers' favour, then I don't know when it is.

    The decision and the game the other day is one thing, it can happen. It's starting to fit a pattern though, and that's where the conspiracy theories and Celticy nonsense can take hold.
    With the ref from Govan and a pattern of decisions clearly happening the normal mantra of these decisions levelling out over a season looks redundant. When supporters of other clubs see this too then clearly there is a massive issue. Sevco know they are at risk of losing games against us and however honest refs are if you live in Govan and had they lost on Sunday Walsh would have been remembered as the guy who reffed the game. The more you look at it the more it seems may 2016 has made their bias worse. The fact the media never focused on their shocking tackle on doig shows they are complicit in allowing this trend to continue. Porteous may or may not deserved to be sent off but morelos staying on at Easter Road then scoring the winner and many many other game changing decisions in their favour shows a massive trend. Same as always been back to John Mcdonald diving.

  24. #143
    Coaching Staff mjhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portobello
    Age
    60
    Posts
    5,369
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should put clips of Gerard’s awful tackles from his playing days on the big screens throughout the match next time they are at Easter Road
    Up there there with souness top ten assaults. Utterly farcical that spineless Gerrard is lecturing anybody on tackling.

  25. #144
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm aware there are already umpteen threads on the Porteous incident so please feel free to merge this one.

    It's just that every time I see that line from Gerrard it really, really does my head in. I didn't used to mind him as a player, but this kind of comment just fuels my ever-growing dislike of him as a manager.

    Everything about it is maddening. It's condescending (Ryan is hardly a 'kid'. He's young, sure, but he's got plenty of senior experience under his belt). It's disrespectful to Jack Ross and the Hibs coaching staff who work with Porteous day in day out (who is Gerrard to say the player isn't learning?) and it strikes me as deliberately fuelling a narrative around a talented, intelligent footballer who even without my green-tinted glasses on I can see plain as day is not some sort of hatchet man. Finally, it just smacks of a deeply unpleasant arrogance from Gerrard that his big name alone is enough for us to assume his word on this is law.
    Gerard is an arrogant man with a massively inflated view of his own importance. His comments are unwanted and as you point out not his to assess the progress or otherwise of another teams player.
    Ryan's stats this season show that in fact he is learning!
    He's staying on his feet more, he's being more selective about when to tackle, intercepts are up, his distribution is up, passing accuracy, shots on goal improved. He's being considered for Scotland and rightly so.
    He's a very good passionate player, its all a learning curve and i for one believe he is learning.

  26. #145
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    74
    Posts
    19,814
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy Vere View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gerard is an arrogant man with a massively inflated view of his own importance. His comments are unwanted and as you point out not his to assess the progress or otherwise of another teams player.
    Ryan's stats this season show that in fact he is learning!
    He's staying on his feet more, he's being more selective about when to tackle, intercepts are up, his distribution is up, passing accuracy, shots on goal improved. He's being considered for Scotland and rightly so.
    He's a very good passionate player, its all a learning curve and i for one believe he is learning.
    Gerrard is a nasty piece of work, was as a player and carried into his managerial role. He and Rangers deserve each other.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)