hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do we still put cctv on the dug out at Ibrox, maybe Hibs have something, Walsh having his view blocked, the linesman never gave it as his flag stays down and he continues to run the line.
    The linesman can still say to the ref he thought it was a red without waving his flag. Also think the ref didn't have a great view of the tackle but was a heck of a quick to get the card out. Personally didn't think he was reacting until the crowd started shouting.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member duffers's Avatar
    Part of the reason it won’t be overturned is due to our manager and our captain almost sticking up for the refs decision after the game. They should have came out and lambasted the ref, stuck up for porto and slated lunstrums tackle on Doig. Instead they done neither

Quote Originally Posted by duffers View Post
    Part of the reason it won’t be overturned is due to our manager and our captain almost sticking up for the refs decision after the game. They should have came out and lambasted the ref, stuck up for porto and slated lunstrums tackle on Doig. Instead they done neither
    Cant imagine post match interviews are part of the appeal process. I think they'll stick to the footage and the referees opinion after seeing it back.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    "I have no knowledge of the law" is a decent summary there tbf. None of those are even remotely possible or plausible.

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. I must probably bow to your greater knowledge of the law and for all I know the law maybe your background.

I think Sunday has come and gone and it's about moving on.

If Hibs were to win the appeal Ryan Porteous is innocent of any wrong doing. It can be proved that Gerrard has past history of making statements about Porteous.
    He has continued with this narrative. He is damaging the reputation of Porteous.

I have had a look at The Defamation and Malicious Publication (Scotland) which became law on 21 April this year.

Regarding my point 3 (action against Gerrard) could you tell me why this is not remotely possible or plausible?

What a load of pish.

Which neither of them remotely did

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    ref.jpgYou couldn't make this up.

A complete waste of time and money appealing the red. Anyway we have a loan centre half who hasn't had a look in so far. This is the perfect opportunity to give him game time. What is the point of him being here otherwise?

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I think they might have. That photo is doctored.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    I think they might have. That photo is doctored.
    Hey looks after the Huns under 16’s

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    It was never a red.
    Lundstrams was never a red.
    Barisic’ was never a red.

Not a hope it gets overturned though.

It really gets to me how football is examined and refereed now a days. Every tackle is a foul if you slow it down of pause it a certain way.

The whole “what if he made contact” comments are nonsense (to a certain degree). 9/10 the difference is that ones a foul and ones not, that’s how you differentiate it.

But it’s a physical and contact sport. When you’re running and sliding you’re going to be off the ground/out of control at some point.

It also gets to me guys like Gerrard coming out with the nonsense he does when you see some of the tackles he put in as a player, absolute ****.

Re Barisic and Lundstram - I get and appreciate why people are comparing them, just IMO neither are reds but in fairness I don’t think many on here think they actually are.
    It’s all about the timing, portos is timed perfectly, to take the ball n miss the player, it’s not even a foul. I

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Hey looks after the Huns under 16’s
    I don't think that's correct.

That's surely not a genuine photo. 🤣

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    He's a teacher at the school which is their Performance Academy. Not sure if that amounts to the same thing.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlad View Post
    He's a teacher at the school which is their Performance Academy. Not sure if that amounts to the same thing.
    It isn't. Still shouldn't be refereeing any of their games if you ask me. Just to avoid situations like this.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlad View Post
    He's PE Teacher then, he's not the coach of their under 16s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    That's surely not a genuine photo. 🤣
    No chance.

He's wearing his refs earpiece FFS.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    No chance.

Taken after he left the hun training ground after the game on Sunday. Silly bugger forgot to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    No chance.

Exactly, can't believe anyone thinks this is a real photo.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    He is a PE teacher at Boclair Academy, which is where rangers best 11 to 15 year olds are switched to. So perhaps not their under 16s coach but there is still a clear link between his employer and the Hun.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mil...-2144937%3famp

Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    He is a PE teacher at Boclair Academy, which is where rangers best 11 to 15 year olds are switched to. So perhaps not their under 16s coach but there is still a clear link between his employer and the Hun.

There's a very clear distinction between being a teacher at a school Rangers have a partnership with and being their under 16s coach.

I think Hibs at one point wanted to do something similar with Portobello. If that had happened I'd not describe a PE Teacher there as the coach of our under 16s.

The guy was a total joke on Sunday and serious questions need to be asked but it doesn't do us any favours when we try and embellish his relationship with Rangers (atleast not officially).
    Last edited by Since90+2; 05-10-2021 at 09:18 AM.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    There's a very clear distinction between being a teacher at a school Rangers have a partnership with and being their under 16s coach.

I think Hibs at one point wanted to do something similar with Portobello. If that had happened I'd not describe a PE Teacher there as the coach of our under 16s.

The guy was a total joke on Sunday and serious questions need to be asked but it doesn't do us any favours when we try and embellish his relationship with Rangers (atleast not officially).
    If he’s PE teacher at the school, he should be asked if he has any interactions with Rangers under 16 players or Rangers coaches who take the sessions.

Cant believe they don’t have discussions about the use of the facilities used by both the school pupils and the Rangers trainees.

Sorry if it's already been spoken about, but if the appeal is unsuccessful, can his ban be extended? I vaguely remember this happening before.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Sorry if it's already been spoken about, but if the appeal is unsuccessful, can his ban be extended? I vaguely remember this happening before.
    I think it can be if it's deemed to have been a spurious appeal but it's unlikely.

He'll likely serve a 2 match ban if it's unsuccessful which I believe is the same length of ban he would have served if we hadn't appealed.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar

I didn't say he was an under 16 coach, I merely pointed out where he teaches.

If Hibs did do that with Portobello and one of their PE teachers happened to be a referee with a history of sending off our opponents players in almost every game he officiated over us then quite rightly people would look at that with a degree of suspicion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    The way I saw it was the referee was turning away from the incident and suddenly reached for the card. It was as if the assistant has said 'that's a red'.
    It was probably Gerrard!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Someone could and have made it up I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I think it can be if it's deemed to have been a spurious appeal but it's unlikely.

He'll likely serve a 2 match ban if it's unsuccessful which I believe is the same length of ban he would have served if we hadn't appealed.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post

He’s actually a Depute Head Teacher there too - in that position, you’d very likely at least have some relationship with the academy at Rangers.

I don’t want to sound like a moon-howling conspiracy theorist, but it strikes me as very…odd and surprising he’d get Rangers games given there are links which could end up being discussed on forums like this. Better to avoid surely?

Incidentally, Walsh has been the referee in some of our worst game experiences in recent years. He was ref for the league cup semi and the Scottish cup final last season. Our performance over his performance dictated the results of those fixtures, but he’s hardly a good luck charm for us.
    Last edited by BegbieHSC; 05-10-2021 at 09:55 AM.

Ha ha I happen to think that young Porto has got right inside that vacant vacuum of a heid that Slippy G has, he is messing wi his heid for sure and Slippy being the vindictive nasty bassa that he is is doing all he can to mess with this fine young Scottish Footbal player.
    **** sevco and **** the huns, a special **** you to slippy G.
    How can he stand in that ****hole called ipox listening to that crowd spout all the poison against his own religion, I find the double standards in the name of money amazing, so **** slippy G one more time.