hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Hibs to appeal Red Card

Good to learn this.

Hope Ron get's right behind this and has the services of some good legal minds.

I have no knowledge of the law but should Hibs win the case, could the following happen?

1 We go after the football authorities for damages.
    2 We go after the referee for damages
    (above based on Liability)

3 And kept the best for last

Could Gerrard face a court action for defamation of character against Ryan Porteous ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanishJohn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good to learn this.

I have no knowledge of the law but should Hibs win the case, could the following happen?

Could Gerrard face a court action for defamation of character against Ryan Porteous ?
    None of the above

Will lose appeal because of the opposition and the panel will back the official

@hibs.net private member
    Glad we are challenging this. Well done Hibs.

Glad we are appealing but would also like to see a complaint against Lundstram lodged with the Compliance Officer for his tackle on Doig. There are definitely double standards here. Our players need protection.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    Will lose appeal because of the opposition and the panel will back the official
    Be nice to see Hibs bring this little clip up and ask why Lundstrum doesn't see Red there

https://twitter.com/ScottyHibs/statu...88120429178880

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    Be nice to see Hibs bring this little clip up and ask why Lundstrum doesn't see Red there

I doubt it works like that. I'd imagine they'll look at the Porto incident in isolation.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    They won't overturn it; and, even if they do, it won't restore the point or three we were heading for.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Good to learn this.

You can't take legal action against the ruling body, did Hearts not fall foul of that following their failed attempt at avoiding relegation?

Best case scenario, we win appeal (I think we will) and once done, we come out criticising Gerrard, etc for what they said about Ryan using the rescinded red card as substantial proof he's not a dirty player and it was a poor call.

Doing so prior to the appeal risks the sfa doubling down and rejecting the appeal to protect their man.

I don't think Ryan will be totally cleared, expecting it to be downgraded to a yellow. Lundstrum should have same retrospectively applied for his lunge.

It was never a red.
    Lundstrams was never a red.
    Barisic’ was never a red.

Not a hope it gets overturned though.

It really gets to me how football is examined and refereed now a days. Every tackle is a foul if you slow it down of pause it a certain way.

The whole “what if he made contact” comments are nonsense (to a certain degree). 9/10 the difference is that ones a foul and ones not, that’s how you differentiate it.

But it’s a physical and contact sport. When you’re running and sliding you’re going to be off the ground/out of control at some point.

It also gets to me guys like Gerrard coming out with the nonsense he does when you see some of the tackles he put in as a player, absolute ****.

Re Barisic and Lundstram - I get and appreciate why people are comparing them, just IMO neither are reds but in fairness I don’t think many on here think they actually are.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Glad we are appealing but would also like to see a complaint against Lundstram lodged with the Compliance Officer for his tackle on Doig. There are definitely double standards here. Our players need protection.
    Why are we letting Barosic away with his misdemeanour?

Sorry I feel like i need to say it again, I absolutely hate Gerrard.

Everything about him.

Absolute hypocrite.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    It was never a red.

It really gets to me how football is examined and refereed now a days. Every tackle is a foul if you slow it down of pause it a certain way.

The whole “what if he made contact” comments are nonsense (to a certain degree). 9/10 the difference is that ones a foul and ones not, that’s how you differentiate it.

But it’s a physical and contact sport. When you’re running and sliding you’re going to be off the ground/out of control at some point.

It also gets to me guys like Gerrard coming out with the nonsense he does when you see some of the tackles he put in as a player, absolute ****.

Re Barisic and Lundstram - I get and appreciate why people are comparing them, just IMO neither are reds but in fairness I don’t think many on here think they actually are.
    Completely agree with you. I've been saying for years the game is being ruined because tackling is being removed from football. Like you say, everything is now a foul or a booking.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

It's going to be a futile exercise but well done to the club for putting in the appeal.

Good to learn this.

Lol. Nope. None of those things can happen.

Coaching Staff
    It was never a red.

The Lundstram one is the type you don’t want to see. Launching into the air with both feet off the ground and making contact.

Loving the wording on the tweet Hibs posted

"We have lodged an appeal against Ryan Porteous’ red card in yesterday’s cinch Premiership match against Rangers."

Rubbing them up the wrong way by mentioning the sponsor they don't promote

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, that part’s not quite right. If I aim a punch at you on the field and miss, it’s still violent conduct and deserves a red card. Same with tackles, it’s the intent or the reckless nature that can determine a red, not the outcome.

Gerrard’s definitely a **** though 😉

Blog Entries
    Like others I doubt it will be overturned but at least we're not lying down and allowing them to run their foul narrative without challenge. It may also allow the activities of some Rangers' players to come under the spotlight. Maybe also Richard Foster could be investigated for saying an off the ball assault by Morelos was 'smart play'.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Like others I doubt it will be overturned but at least we're not lying down and allowing them to run their foul narrative without challenge. It may also allow the activities of some Rangers' players to come under the spotlight. Maybe also Richard Foster could be investigated for saying an off the ball assault by Morelos was 'smart play'.
    If it's not overturned then surely that will support their "narrative"?

If any other incidents are to be looked at it will be announced. If not then it'll just be Porto's challenge and that's all.

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post

First time I have seen this, it is a shocker. He turns his back and launches with both feet, he has no idea what he is going to hit and is fortunate he gets the ball. If Porteous was a red card, then so was this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Why are we letting Barosic away with his misdemeanour?
    Yes, him too. Tried to break Boyle's jaw then faked an injury. Plus 2 other yellow card offenses. He should have had 3 yellows.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Gerrard should be pulled up for his comments about Porto, what an utter welt.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I don't think JR'S comments after the game will help our appeal

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Gerrard should be pulled up for his comments about Porto, what an utter welt.
    Gerrard should be charged for bringing the game into disrepute!

His repeated targeting and obsession with a young 22 yo lad from Dalkieth is both weird and disgraceful.

Good to learn this.

All sounds very hertzish. We won’t entertain such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Glad we are challenging this. Well done Hibs.
    Worst case is that it lays down a marker for the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    First time I have seen this, it is a shocker. He turns his back and launches with both feet, he has no idea what he is going to hit and is fortunate he gets the ball. If Porteous was a red card, then so was this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    WOW. My first viewing of this incident as well and it's a two footed lunge with both feet off the ground. All the ingredients that merit a red card. Dangerous and reckless.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I think this thread shows a few things -

(1) Some football fans dont know how the appeal system works
    (2) Some football fans dont know how the compliance officer is called into action

However, there is one thing on which we can all agree

(3) Gerrard is and always has been a wee ****

If we loose the appeal does Porteous get a further 1 match suspension? Or is it still the 1 game he gets?