hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike

VAR coming to Scottish Football

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/sc...ebb/?rid=13929

Can't wait to see how we manage to **** this up even worse than it has already been implemented in other leagues.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Can't wait to see how we manage to **** this up even worse than it has already been implemented in other leagues.
    Don't know why we don't already have goal line technology? It's been around a while now, is completely neutral and you causes zero debate but gives us certainty.
    Would be buttons to install compared to VAR. I would start with that before we even consider VAR.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    If it stops the blatant bias in favour of the OF then I'm all for it.

It won't, though. So I'm not.

Get VAR to ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post

Nae chance of it even getting into ibrox. Incoming statement from the Huns as we speak no doubt.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post

Aye, will be the same refs in the VAR booth so nothing will change and games will be much slower and boring to watch in the stadium.

It's by no means perfect but it's being managed a lot better in England this season than it was last year. I couldn't work out what they were seeing last year a lot of the time.....

Spoils the fluency of the game.

Kick it right out!!

I thought they'd got it pretty much right by the Euros and the games there were all the better for it.

If we could get something more like that than the disaster that was rolled out in England initially then I'd be all for it.

I know it shouldn't, but I can't. help but feel it will be used to favour the OF more than ever.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    I just think double handball in the box in the playoff v Falkirk.
    Sparkys goal v Hearts
    Rangers goalie off his line in the 2004 LC Semi
    Laursens handball and sending off v the Huns one Boxing Day as he was on the ground.

It’s a yes for me.

J

Left by mutual consent!
    Massive yes from me. Anything that exposes our referees incompetence and bias, and the cheating which takes advantage of said incompetence is only a good thing.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    About time. If you look at some of the leagues already using VAR it's embarrassing we haven't introduced it yet. Egyptian, Morrocan and Kosovo top leagues spring to mind.

It'll need to be implemented correctly, but after watching the top five or so leagues they do have a much better handle on it now.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Great idea however the implementation of it will be the same scared little lambs petrified to give decisions against the OF. All for it to be honest as we all know the goal Rangers conceded yesterday would not have been given in Scotland even though clearly over the line.

The standard of refereeing is woeful, miles lower than in England which will likely mean it's used more here to pickup on all the mistakes made.

Games will not be finishing at 4.50pm that's for sure.

@hibs.net private member
    People have been far too quick to judge VAR. The Euros showed it works when used properly.

It's a new technology and needs time to bed in. After howls of rage from down south after it was introduced I see very little moaning about it now. People don't like change.

Personally allowed for it.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Heard they're going to get Rod Stewart to do all the reviews as the blazers we delighted with his highly successful cup draws.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

So we'll get 7 cheating incompetent officials per game now rather than 4?

I suppose getting wrong with 40 replays and multiple angles will make it harder to excuse said incompetence and sweep it under the carpet.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    aye

i think

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    The Old Firm should be in favour for this, they're the ones that shout the loudest about anything that goes against them.

For all the complaints from fans about VAR down south, you rarely hear managers question the decisions given.

I think the league are right to at least consider it.

Get VAR in the bin.

Just look at the names reported to be 1st on the VAR panel

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    About time. If you look at some of the leagues already using VAR it's embarrassing we haven't introduced it yet. Egyptian, Morrocan and Kosovo top leagues spring to mind.

It'll need to be implemented correctly, but after watching the top five or so leagues they do have a much better handle on it now.
    Taken from Neil Doncaster's statement?

"Neil Doncaster, chief executive of the SPFL, said: “Given the costs involved and the potential effects on the natural flow of the game, it was always a sensible decision to monitor the introduction of VAR in other competitions before considering implementation in the cinch Premiership.

“Now that there has been a meaningful bedding-in period in several leagues, now is a good time to look again at the benefits of the technology. We are keen to hear the views of the clubs, officials and fans and look forward to discussions over the next few months.”

I would prefer there to be no var but it will almost certainly come in. I just hope they learn the lessons from other leagues and competitions and make it a successful transition. It should help attacking teams more often than the teams that tend to sit in. I would imagine that in the not too distant future it will be a requirement for entering into European competitions.

Left by mutual consent!
    Will absolutely kill the game up here stone dead, what a shame

One of the things I really like about Scottish football is that there is no VAR. Real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post

"Neil Doncaster, chief executive of the SPFL, said: “Given the costs involved and the potential effects on the natural flow of the game, it was always a sensible decision to monitor the introduction of VAR in other competitions before considering implementation in the cinch Premiership.

“Now that there has been a meaningful bedding-in period in several leagues, now is a good time to look again at the benefits of the technology. We are keen to hear the views of the clubs, officials and fans and look forward to discussions over the next few months.”
    I think it is now ripe and ready to be taken on now by our top league.
    The rich leagues got it 1st when the cost was highest. That cost will be falling now.
    It worked well at the Euro's and is now working well in the EPL after loads of issues last season.

Football supporters have held referees to ridiculous standards since being able to watch controversial incidents from every angle and in slow motion. VAR will afford referees in Scotland that same service and allow them to correctly call the most significant game decisions. Thumbs up from me.

Ian Maxwell from the SFA agrees, he said “VAR is here to stay and in a short period its implementation has advanced significantly, while its set-up and maintenance costs have reduced. We are now at the point where we need to discuss and ideally agree on its introduction into Scottish football"
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 01-10-2021 at 04:37 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    My only problem with VAR is the offside decisions. They put a line on a frame that they chose, the frame before the player might be onside, the frame after offside, so the person that chooses when the ball was kicked decides offside.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post

True. Let's hope we get it installed and working soon.

Wonder if the SFA/SPFL will need to fund screens to be added in the stadiums that don't have them so everyone can see the decision etc.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    It’s a yes from me for reasons important to the future of the game here because it has the potential to either (a) expose the incompetence of Scottish officials, or (b) expose the “favouritism” shown in favour of the Glasgow 2 by officials and the MSM, or (c) change both (a) & (b) for the better.

At a time when clubs are trying to improve supporter experience this will kill it completely. All well and fine saying that the 1 decision per game that it will affect will have a greater chance of being correct now but think of all the delays to decide whether to review something, the celebrations of ‘non goals’ long after the ball hits the net, and this utter nonsense rule of not putting flags up until the attack is over. Brutal.