hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you speak to Celtic fans they would say that the Rangers Armed forces day is done for other reasons as well which have sectarian undertones.
    Obviously. Rangers will use it to pander to the hun hordes while Celtic supporters will have their own opinion.

I objected to the view that it is a bigoted thing. Some teams (ie. 2) might play on it but all teams have supporters in the services.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Obviously. Rangers will use it to pander to the hun hordes while Celtic supporters will have their own opinion.

I objected to the view that it is a bigoted thing. Some teams (ie. 2) might play on it but all teams have supporters in the services.
    Read the covenant good to see we have that in place and we should make more of it give it a bigger profile as the way people that have served their country have been treated by numerous governments is appalling.
    Last edited by gbhibby; 04-10-2021 at 09:30 PM.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    If you speak to Celtic fans they would say that the Rangers Armed forces day is done for other reasons as well which have sectarian undertones.
    Pretty sure the armed forces joined in with the singing a few seasons a go at Ibrox.

#SHUNTHEHUN

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Couldn't see a thread about them setting about not getting tickets but theres a thread about them wanting Nisbet though.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/t...nisbet.179936/
    They couldn’t afford him, end of story.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Couldn't see a thread about them setting about not getting tickets but theres a thread about them wanting Nisbet though.

It's not a seething thread, it's just titled Hibs.net and it's full of posters laughing at the posts on here over the last 24 hours. While I feel some fans here have gone a bit overboard since the game (though believe me I understand the frustration) the language, etc used on follow follow reminded me why I don't visit other fans forums.

Deluded half wits.

Here’s their thread

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/hibs-net.180012/

Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    Deluded half wits.

Here’s their thread

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/hibs-net.180012/
    The strangest, most heid scratching post is below:

“ Had a look at that sewer of a site and the amount of hatred and use of h*n word was eye opening. The aniti Irish racism and bigotry uncensored and casual as you like”

Literally no idea what the moron is trying to say?

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    I'm usually totally against banning away fans, as it's what makes football exciting, but for the Sevs i'm totally for not giving them any tickets. It will cost us money as a club as there's no way we'll fill the South with Hibs fans but this is about more than money. The Hibs board need to take a stand.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

“ Had a look at that sewer of a site and the amount of hatred and use of h*n word was eye opening. The aniti Irish racism and bigotry uncensored and casual as you like”

Anti Irish racism? What in ****s name is he on about?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Left by mutual consent!

I’m glad calling a hun a hun annoys a hun. Hun.

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    This is why they invite the army in,

https://youtu.be/MjVtI2Be9vg

No more of this armed forces day rubbish at easter road, keep politics away from the game

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    I was of the opinion that we should take their money but not anymore.

**** them.

**** sevco and the huns

Screw 'em. Poisonous, bigoted club with poisonous, bigoted fans. Don't need them anywhere near ER. Who needs songs about 1690 and mid-19th century famines

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    So we have to bow tow to the lot in the West to get through the season, can you not see fans, ST for years are pissed of with the 2 clubs from Glasgow, they treat us like keek but expect us to fall in order for them, things are changing and if Ron wants to put the blue pound before us fans then as you say that’s up to him, it’s his club, but it will be a big mistake from him.

And in our economic situation we find ourselves in is not stopping Ron from splashing the cash on players, keeping our assets, and doing all sorts of things for the Hibs fan experience, I think you might be disappointed when Ron says you can have 900 fans and no more, he doesn’t seem to be a pushover and hopefully he will stand by his club and fans on this matter.
    I have attended Hibs games for over 50 years and for all that time Hibs supporters have hated Rangers supporters and wanted them banned from Easter Road.
    In all that time it hasn't happened even once.

Our current owner bought into Hibs because he was able to buy in relatively cheaply to a top Scottish football club that was in good economic shape with great infrastructure (stadium & training centre) and importantly he could see opportunities to grow the club with good business practices and sell it on for a good profit.

He doesn't have the baggage the supporters have with the Old Firm and won't be bothered about them singing their folk songs at Easter Road. He will simply see them as a good revenue stream. It's a good attitude for the sporting growth of the club but some Hibs supporters won't like it and will see it as a capitulation but to him it's just business and thats what he is all about. He is polite, progressive and tough but no way is he getting in a fight with the Old Firm over this ticket issue when there is no money at stake. Ultimately he knows his standing with the vast majority of Hibs supporters is dependent on improving the team on the pitch. Everything else is temporary if chronic noise.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 05-10-2021 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    I have attended Hibs games for over 50 years and for all that time Hibs supporters have hated Rangers supporters and wanted them banned from Easter Road.

Our current owner bought into Hibs because he was able to buy in relatively cheaply to a top Scottish football club that was in good economic shape with great infrastructure (stadium & training centre) and importantly he could see opportunities to grow the club with good business practices and sell it on for a good profit.

He doesn't have the baggage the supporters have with the Old Firm and won't be bothered about them singing their folk songs at Easter Road. He will simply see them as a good revenue stream. It's a good attitude for the sporting growth of the club but some Hibs supporters won't like it and will see it as a capitulation but to him it's just business and thats what he is all about. He is polite, progressive and tough but no way is he getting in a fight with the Old Firm over this ticket issue when there is no money at stake. Ultimately he knows his standing with the vast majority of Hibs supporters is dependent on improving the team on the pitch. Everything else is temporary if chronic noise.
    I am sure our new PA system can drown out their "folk songs" 😁

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

Can’t think of another set of fans in the UK that might consider the unfurling of a banner in praise of “Soldier F”.
    Or one that will routinely chant about Lee Rigby in an attempt to somehow draw relevance of that catastrophe to football.
    Or one that would have so many soldiers bundled together in uniform behind the goals.
    They’re “quintessential” don’t forget. They’re not like everyone else.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Anti Irish racism? What in ****s name is he on about?
    To be fair to him, and it’s hard to be, maybe he’s an Irish Hun. Like Stephen Craigan

I am sure our new PA system can drown out their "folk songs" ��
    That's not so daft an idea given our new PA. Sabotage.
    What about our supporters putting mocking words to their songs.

That's not so daft an idea given our new PA. Sabotage.
    What about our supporters putting mocking words to their songs.
    The Benny Hill chasing music would be my choice when they start singing their folk songs after all there are many children present.

The Benny Hill chasing music would be my choice when they start singing their folk songs after all there are many children present.
    Man chasing scantily clad women music might not be the way to go if we are calling them out
    I was just thinking horrible white noise blasted at maximum volume into the South stand
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 05-10-2021 at 01:24 PM.

I was just thinking horrible white noise blasted at maximum volume into the South stand
    That would do as well.

Let’s wait and see, I think Ron might just prove you wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Let’s wait and see, I think Ron might just prove you wrong.
    I think he will go into battle against the Old Firm as part of "The Five" after the Deloitte report is delivered and digested. The group will go in with a tough strategy to wrestle a bit of influence back.
    Believe RG will keep his powder dry until then but time as ever will tell.

@hibs.net private member
    Red zones will now be at the clubs discretion

Man chasing scantily clad women music might not be the way to go if we are calling them out

Or how about a public announcement every time they start singing along the lines of:

"Would our Rangers Supporting visitors in the South Stand please refrain from singing Sectarian and Racist songs"

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Or how about a public announcement every time they start singing along the lines of:

"Would our Rangers Supporting visitors in the South Stand please refrain from singing Sectarian and Racist songs"
    Could flash a message on the big screen as well. If you are singing Sectarian and Racist songs you are showing you lack of intelligence.
    On 2nd thoughts they will probably try to attack the screens.
    Last edited by gbhibby; 05-10-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Should’ve made the the game the NHS thank you game & made the whole away section a thank you stand

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    see hearts are getting the usual 900 tickets for their game at ibrox in 2 weeks time
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    see hearts are getting the usual 900 tickets for their game at ibrox in 2 weeks time
    Do The Rangers get to pick the Ref ?