hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 211 to 237 of 237

Thread: Disgrace

  1. #211
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely the double standards on display is much worse than any naivety from Porteous?

    That's the main thing for me. No way have the rules been applied equally.



    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #212
    @hibs.net private member brog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,935
    Blog Entries
    1
    I thought it may help this debate if I showed the actual Law of The Game.

    If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.


    • Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
    • Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
    • Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off.


    IMO the middle ground would have been the most sensible course of action. A case could be made for the softer alternative but (despite Gerrard's ranting) I really never saw Aribo's safety being endangered. I think we all know what would have happened if the roles had been reversed.
    Interestingly, although our "knowledgeable" Sportscene pundits (& others) continually talk about the speed of the tackle, there is no reference to it in the Laws. It's obviously essential to tackle in slow motion vs the Uglies!

  4. #213
    First Team Breakthrough WHAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Glasgow (formerly Haddington)
    Age
    34
    Posts
    310
    Hibs need to man the ****** up and call this out.

    Whether or not Porteousí challenge was a red or not, we should be asking why the blatant fouls against our players were not treated the same by the referee.

    We all know the answer. But just quietly accepting it makes us look timid as hell.

  5. #214
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    46
    Posts
    27,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would be a decent argument if the Rangers player hadn't already tackled Doig in exactly the same manner and not even have a foul given against him.

    Surely the double standards on display is much worse than any naivety from Porteous?
    The one on Doig is a proper two feet in the air lunge.

  6. #215
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The one on Doig is a proper two feet in the air lunge.
    Yes, he gives the referee a decision to make and he promptly does nowt.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

  7. #216
    Testimonial Due Weegreenman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Greenland
    Posts
    1,271
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought it may help this debate if I showed the actual Law of The Game.

    If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.


    • Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
    • Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
    • Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off.


    IMO the middle ground would have been the most sensible course of action. A case could be made for the softer alternative but (despite Gerrard's ranting) I really never saw Aribo's safety being endangered. I think we all know what would have happened if the roles had been reversed.
    Interestingly, although our "knowledgeable" Sportscene pundits (& others) continually talk about the speed of the tackle, there is no reference to it in the Laws. It's obviously essential to tackle in slow motion vs the Uglies!

    Had Porto caught Aribo, heíd have snapped his leg in two.
    Your talking nonsense like most of the other Bots on this forum.
    Your allowed to have an opinion but quite a few on here are touched by the green specs and are afraid of a backlash if they go against the narrative.

    Porto let us down yesterday and cost us three points. Itís clear as day. Iíve watched it several times.
    We need to have better team game management if we want to win in Glasgow. School boy stuff from Porto in my opinion after being wound up by Morelos.

  8. #217
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had Porto caught Aribo, heíd have snapped his leg in two.
    Your talking nonsense like most of the other Bots on this forum.
    Your allowed to have an opinion but quite a few on here are touched by the green specs and are afraid of a backlash if they go against the narrative.

    Porto let us down yesterday and cost us three points. Itís clear as day. Iíve watched it several times.
    We need to have better team game management if we want to win in Glasgow. School boy stuff from Porto in my opinion after being wound up by Morelos.
    Had Lundstram properly caught Doig in the first 5 minutes he couldíve broken his leg. Where was his red card?

  9. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I donít even think heíd have sent another Hibs player off for it.
    Agree with this, he was only sent off because itís Porteous. The easiest way to see that itís a ridiculous decision is that every single one of us knows that if a Rangers player makes that challenge, you arenít even getting a foul, and I am not making any exaggeration when I say that.

  10. #219
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobosz83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The sheer volume of ďHibsĒ fans lining up to tell us Porto should know better and he deserved the red card today is mind boggling.

    I donít post here often, I find it the Hibs Uber club at times, however, we were winning at Ibrox and had a man given a straight red. Not just any lad, a lad with a rep for getting stuck in against this lot. A lad who Gerrard and his pals have called out previously. Ö

    This was a scandalous example of why this league is the biggest joke in European football. You arenít allowed to win, and you ainít even allowed a ticket to watch your team get the shaft. Why do we botherÖ

    Another example of the Scottish football cesspit. Fair play to those of you who keep goingÖ

    United we stand here....

  11. #220
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,101
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sick of people like you saying this, and folk saying he gave the ref a decision to make, no he didnt. Ryan Porteous made a perfectly legal challenge and the cheating ******* ref decided to send him off because his team were going to lose.

    Cheat, i hate him and those bigoted ****.
    Absolutely. The Hun apologists on here need to have a word with themselves. So every team must be on their best behaviour and play safe football at Greyskull just in case a bigot referee sniffs a chance to get the cards out? ****ing laughable!

  12. #221
    Testimonial Due BegbieHSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had Porto caught Aribo, heíd have snapped his leg in two.
    Your talking nonsense like most of the other Bots on this forum.
    Your allowed to have an opinion but quite a few on here are touched by the green specs and are afraid of a backlash if they go against the narrative.

    Porto let us down yesterday and cost us three points. Itís clear as day. Iíve watched it several times.
    We need to have better team game management if we want to win in Glasgow. School boy stuff from Porto in my opinion after being wound up by Morelos.

    1. Hyperbolic nonsense.

    2. Bots? Really?

  13. #222
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    53,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, he gives the referee a decision to make and he promptly does nowt.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Exactly, the only reason Ryan was sent off is because we were winning comfortably, and that corrupt cheat needed to do something to help the huns.

  14. #223
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    The land of winter
    Posts
    1,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had Porto caught Aribo, heíd have snapped his leg in two.
    Your talking nonsense like most of the other Bots on this forum.
    Your allowed to have an opinion but quite a few on here are touched by the green specs and are afraid of a backlash if they go against the narrative.

    Porto let us down yesterday and cost us three points. Itís clear as day. Iíve watched it several times.
    We need to have better team game management if we want to win in Glasgow. School boy stuff from Porto in my opinion after being wound up by Morelos.
    ok, even if the challenge was as dangerous as you claim, do you believe if it was committed by a player in blue yesterday then the red would have come out?

    thatís the issue.

  15. #224
    @hibs.net private member flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    sunny leith
    Age
    54
    Posts
    9,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had Porto caught Aribo, heíd have snapped his leg in two.
    Your talking nonsense like most of the other Bots on this forum.
    Your allowed to have an opinion but quite a few on here are touched by the green specs and are afraid of a backlash if they go against the narrative.

    Porto let us down yesterday and cost us three points. Itís clear as day. Iíve watched it several times.
    We need to have better team game management if we want to win in Glasgow. School boy stuff from Porto in my opinion after being wound up by Morelos.
    Thats strange because the more I watch it the less of a red card it gets.
    Aribo goes down and stays down despite there being no contact whatsoever.
    It's not even a foul.

  16. #225
    @hibs.net private member brog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,935
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. Hyperbolic nonsense.

    2. Bots? Really?
    Beat me to it! Anyway if Porto didn't catch him as the OP is suggesting then why was Aribo rolling about in pretend agony? If you watch it, Aribo hits the ground, has a sneaky wee look then starts rolling about. Shameful!

  17. #226
    Can you not be booked for simulation anywhere but the penalty box ? Aribo & Barisic both yellows for ( in Barisic`s case a foul too ) simulation surely ? Simulating that they are injured, cheating, just like diving in the box is - accepted it`s hard to prove, will VAR look at things like that ? Also, if a Rangers player makes a tackle like Porto`s it`s cheered to the rafters, followed by a sectarian song with not even a foul given. I don`t think it was a foul anyway, but there`ll be some new rule somewhere to say it is I`m sure. Ach, I think like many of us, I`m just sickened, especially the treatment of our superb young player at the hands of that vile club and the media. Disgrace, as the thread title says.

  18. #227
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your talking nonsense like most of the other Bots on this forum.
    I really don't think so.

    It wasn't even a foul.

  19. #228
    The only angle that shows exactly what happened is the one from the stand opposite the main stand. All other angles donít show what happened. That one shows the exact height of the tackle, the distance from Aribo, the no contact, the slide rather than the jump. No way could anyone look at that angle and say Ďred cardí. Sl

  20. #229
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,199
    Nick Walsh born in Govan teaches at a Beardsen school.

  21. #230
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,101
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats strange because the more I watch it the less of a red card it gets.
    Aribo goes down and stays down despite there being no contact whatsoever.
    It's not even a foul.
    100% not even a foul....(in many other games at many other grounds) that's the problem with this corrupt league.

  22. #231
    @hibs.net private member h185forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Eskbank
    Age
    64
    Posts
    414
    Sent to the Strathclyde Fu****s Asscoiation


    Can you please take a look at the tackle 2:30 into the rangers v hibs game at the weekend and help me understand why this did not receive the same punishment as the Porteous tackle on Aribo later in the same game ? The main difference being this tackle actually made contact.

    Would it be possible for you to pinpoint the sniper that must have hit Aribo as the aforesaid Porteous made no contact with him ... I thought simulation was an offence in any part of the field play?


    P..S. I'm not questioning the awarded red just the "inconsistency".

    I don't expect a reply .....but it would be good to fill their mailbox







  23. #232
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had Porto caught Aribo, heíd have snapped his leg in two.
    Your talking nonsense like most of the other Bots on this forum.
    Your allowed to have an opinion but quite a few on here are touched by the green specs and are afraid of a backlash if they go against the narrative.

    Porto let us down yesterday and cost us three points. Itís clear as day. Iíve watched it several times.
    We need to have better team game management if we want to win in Glasgow. School boy stuff from Porto in my opinion after being wound up by Morelos.
    Never been called a bot before but straight back at you...your the one talking nonsense.

  24. #233
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRS
    Posts
    10,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had Porto caught Aribo, heíd have snapped his leg in two.
    Your talking nonsense like most of the other Bots on this forum.
    Your allowed to have an opinion but quite a few on here are touched by the green specs and are afraid of a backlash if they go against the narrative.

    Porto let us down yesterday and cost us three points. Itís clear as day. Iíve watched it several times.
    We need to have better team game management if we want to win in Glasgow. School boy stuff from Porto in my opinion after being wound up by Morelos.
    If you bother to look at the incident Porteous would have had to slow down considerably to catch Aribo.

    And you'll see that it was Aribo's trailing left foot that caught the back of Porteous' right knee, so Porteous' feet were well past the point of contact. Freeze frame it 45 seconds into the BBC clip of the incident.

    Porteous was reckless in winning the ball, which is a yellow card according to the laws of the game.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  25. #234
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And you'll see that it was Aribo's trailing left foot that caught the back of Porteous' right knee.
    This angle suggests there was zero contact.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRyanMc...958846980?s=19



    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

  26. #235
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    54
    Posts
    28,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This angle suggests there was zero contact.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRyanMc...958846980?s=19



    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Does Ryan's left boot maybe catch Aribo's right foot, while at the same time his other foot catches Ryan's right knee?

  27. #236
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does Ryan's left boot maybe catch Aribo's right foot, while at the same time his other foot catches Ryan's right knee?
    Looks like Aribo steps over both RP's lower legs. Possibility of a slight brush, possibility of no contact.

    What I can say it's a slide in rather than a two-footed lunge and there is far less contact than the tackle on Doig.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kato; 04-10-2021 at 07:46 PM.

  28. #237
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRS
    Posts
    10,544
    Attempting to attach a screen shot here. if it works, it shows Aribo's right foot is safely past Porteous and his left catches/is caught by Porteous.

    BBC Porteous Aribo.jpg
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)