hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 80 of 80
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then like Aberdeen you change manager and end up mid table.
    I think the problem was he left too late, and they managed the transition very badly. If he went at the begining of last season and they used the covid season to sort things out, they'd be better off for it.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sunny Capital
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, why not? We have a good team. Tomorrow will not define our season.
    The last 46 years have defined our season's , so no.

  4. #63
    @hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    West side of Edimburgo
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,046
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were paying Vardy 100k a week before they won the league. Not the fairytale people make out. Completely different ball game.
    In relation to the big clubs they had a quarter of the wages available during that season. It’s a fair reflection in my view for people to use Leicester as an example for smaller clubs to achieve what most think is impossible.

  5. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were paying Vardy 100k a week before they won the league. Not the fairytale people make out. Completely different ball game.
    They won the league with a bunch of rejects.

    Doubt very much Vardy was earning remotely close to that at that point, he wasn’t anywhere near a proven player at that level at that point.

    They were 5000/1.

  6. #65
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In der Hölle
    Posts
    30,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In relation to the big clubs they had a quarter of the wages available during that season. It’s a fair reflection in my view for people to use Leicester as an example for smaller clubs to achieve what most think is impossible.

    That's a good point, but we've now gone thirty six seasons in a row of only two clubs winning the league and their budget's must be at least ten times what we have.

  7. #66
    @hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    West side of Edimburgo
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,046
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a good point, but we've now gone thirty six seasons in a row of only two clubs winning the league and their budget's must be at least ten times what we have.
    Yeah, it makes it extremely unlikely for any team outside the OF, but not impossible.

  8. #67
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bo'ness
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,366
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were paying Vardy 100k a week before they won the league. Not the fairytale people make out. Completely different ball game.
    Is on the grand scheme of budgets in the prem but I get your point , I’ll be happy with 2nd

  9. #68
    Testimonial Due Wakeyhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Largs
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,783
    I cant see it, any team outside the OF struggles past October to keep any challenge going. Injuries, suspensions and squad depth/resources sees to that. Even if you get to December the Jan window for strengthening sees them buy their way out usually.

  10. #69
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,049
    Celtic look really, really average and there are a number of their players who wouldn’t make our starting eleven - Hart, Starfelt, Welsh etc.

    It might be a close battle for second.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  11. #70
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    The land of winter
    Posts
    1,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtic look really, really average and there are a number of their players who wouldn’t make our starting eleven - Hart, Starfelt, Welsh etc.

    It might be a close battle for second.
    if they don’t spend in January they’re not finishing second.

  12. #71
    @hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Strandhill, Sligo
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,916
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ok i take it back…Ive faith in the manager & team to do the business ive no faith in those running the game to do the right thing.

  13. #72
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,534
    If VAR was in place this season, Hibs would be challenging as refereeing like today wouldn't happen.

  14. #73
    @hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Alloa
    Age
    56
    Posts
    10,207
    Blog Entries
    1
    Nope. Money and the football authorities won’t let anyone challenge again in our lifetimes.

  15. #74
    Today proves why we won't challenge.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  16. #75
    Testimonial Due A Hi-Bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The wrong side of the track
    Posts
    2,558
    Finances and corruption dictates that the answer to the question would unfortunately no.
    Our wee fitba league is about as corrupt as the little known Albanian league, perhaps that is an injustice to the Albanian league but you will get my drift.

  17. #76
    @hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Woodpile
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,818
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: fraserrmaltman
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If VAR was in place this season, Hibs would be challenging as refereeing like today wouldn't happen.
    We also wouldn’t have had pens last week at ER and Tannadice

  18. #77
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    6,640
    Today shows that just as VAR will never be brought in as it won't benefit the bigots, neither will any club ever challenge them. No other clubs in world football get decisions like they do and also get away with so much. Scottish football is corrupt to the core and it honestly now has me questioning why I bother with a ST. Hibs need to be strong on this with some strong words from JR and anyone else who is interviewed. We should also be making official complaints about it. Also ban those dirty bigoted *******s from ER while we Don get anyone into their midden. Everything in Scottish football is geared towards the bigots

  19. #78
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,447
    I’m feeling pretty confident we will see them off at Hampden in November. More worried about inept officials than Rangers themselves. They’re nothing special.

  20. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Today shows that just as VAR will never be brought in as it won't benefit the bigots, neither will any club ever challenge them. No other clubs in world football get decisions like they do and also get away with so much. Scottish football is corrupt to the core and it honestly now has me questioning why I bother with a ST. Hibs need to be strong on this with some strong words from JR and anyone else who is interviewed. We should also be making official complaints about it. Also ban those dirty bigoted *******s from ER while we Don get anyone into their midden. Everything in Scottish football is geared towards the bigots
    Doubt he'll say anything, we rarely do after decades of cheating officials.

  21. #80
    Testimonial Due Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Falkirk
    Posts
    4,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m feeling pretty confident we will see them off at Hampden in November. More worried about inept officials than Rangers themselves. They’re nothing special.
    We can certainly compete in a one off game. I'm entirely satisfied with the performances we put in in games against the OF. We need a bit more quality (depth) to get us over the line in these encounters.

    Competing for the title over a season is a more expensive proposition.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)