hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 91 to 114 of 114
  1. #91
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    53,757
    I dont want it, it has ruined spontaneous goal celebrations, my first reaction now when a goal is scored is to see if there is a VAR.

    It has taken a huge bit of my enjoyment away from football.

    It will come though, and hopefully even the most bent refs we have in Scotland wont still disallow some of the awful decisions we've seen at Hibs.

    Surely to god with the whole country watching they still wont be able to stick to their obviously wrong decisions .


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In der HŲlle
    Posts
    30,976
    Like a lot of people, I'm in two minds about this.

    If it reduces the number of unawarded goals and penalties, then great.

    Need to see how it works in practice, though.

  4. #93
    @hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,932
    There were 3 or 4 big decisions turned right around correctly last week in the Premiership. If it reduces offside goals that a lino should see, eg Huns v Well, reduces the penalties one team seem to have more than every other team combined. Fine. It may have cleared up the 3rd goal against St Mirren wasnt touched by Boyle. Yes, we'll lose out occasionally but there's a couple of teams out there that should lose out a lot. Imagine the celebration after VAR changes the Griffiths or Foster disallowed goals?
    VAR in season two works well dan saff because of the high number of cameras around the pitch. It'll never work properly if it left to AI feeds like Cove. I'll assume the high cost comes with an increase in camera coverage around the key areas of the pitch.
    I'd prefer to have it than not.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  5. #94
    Testimonial Due hibbydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Pots n Pans
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,269
    Maybe this will be the opposite of the poll tax debacle.

    IE introduce it in England a year earlier, everyone is up in arms, go back to the drawing board, change it then make it the same for everyone.

    Perhaps we could organise a riot in George square?

  6. #95
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    The land of winter
    Posts
    1,867
    I didnít want it anywhere near Scotland. Crap system, as many others have said goal celebrations are being strangled at birth because of it. Another step towards an almost completely sanitised sterile game.

  7. #96
    Celtic and Sevco would be the big losers in this if it's implemented professionally and without bias. I can't see them voting for it.

  8. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it stops the blatant bias in favour of the OF then I'm all for it.

    It won't, though. So I'm not.
    There is no way anything will change, no one does anything about the decisions they get now, so nothing will change

  9. #98
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    27,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which games have you attended with VAR? A mate down south says everyone's used to the delay now, this season it's even better.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Two ligue one games in Marseille and a Europa league tie. In two of the games there were goals chalked off after a delay, I think in one of the games it happened twice and for the third goal, you could hear and see the noise and excitement was lessened because fans were wondering, is this a goal, or isnít it? There was about 8 minutes in total out of the 90 which felt like you were waiting for a bus.

    But even if the system ran 100% smoothly like clockwork, Iíd still hate VAR. It takes something away from the goal moment, which is the best thing about going to games.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 02-10-2021 at 03:59 PM.

  10. #99
    Testimonial Due 1875Sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,239
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can score with the top of your arm.
    My point is different football associates interpreted differently, if borderline the advantage was always supposed to be for the attacher

  11. #100
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    45,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spoils the fluency of the game.

    Kick it right out!!
    Much prefer sheite decisions and accusations of refs cheating.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  12. #101
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    The land of winter
    Posts
    1,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Much prefer sheite decisions and accusations of refs cheating.
    weíve had a few go our way to be fair

  13. #102
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    7,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtic and Sevco would be the big losers in this if it's implemented professionally and without bias. I can't see them voting for it.
    It wonít be implemented professionally though, it will be implemented and controlled by the same part-time refs who you accuse of having bias. If they are biased now while reffing in front of thousands of spectators and the TV cameras whatís to stop them being biased when hidden away in a booth on some industrial estate somewhere.

  14. #103
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    45,578
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wonít be implemented professionally though, it will be implemented and controlled by the same part-time refs who you accuse of having bias. If they are biased now while reffing in front of thousands of spectators and the TV cameras whatís to stop them being biased when hidden away in a booth on some industrial estate somewhere.
    The real obvious mistakes will be rectified.

    There may be some scope for bias in marginal incidents, but even still, the pressure to get them right will be far greater than the current situation where a ref can just say "that's how I saw it at the time".
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  15. #104
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    7,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The real obvious mistakes will be rectified.

    There may be some scope for bias in marginal incidents, but even still, the pressure to get them right will be far greater than the current situation where a ref can just say "that's how I saw it at the time".
    Thatís how itís supposed to work but not how it works in reality, the idea of whether something is a clear and obvious error is entirely subjective and the decisions will be in the same hands as they currently are. You say there will be far greater pressure to get incidents right, but pressure from who? The refereeing fraternity will back their own regardless as they have always done and the sports press of this country wonít give a bad decision a second thought unless it negatively impacts one of the old firm.

    I didnít suggest refs were biased by the way - I was responding to another poster who called them biased.

  16. #105
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    45,578
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thatís how itís supposed to work but not how it works in reality, the idea of whether something is a clear and obvious error is entirely subjective and the decisions will be in the same hands as they currently are. You say there will be far greater pressure to get incidents right, but pressure from who? The refereeing fraternity will back their own regardless as they have always done and the sports press of this country wonít give a bad decision a second thought unless it negatively impacts one of the old firm.

    I didnít suggest refs were biased by the way - I was responding to another poster who called them biased.
    I know you didn't. People even say that they're deliberately corrupt though and I do think VAR would help.

    As with everything, the proof will be in the pudding. If clubs decide against, it'll show our league to be out of step with the "major leagues" so I think it will come in

    I'll welcome it as I see more plusses than negatives. I'm not going to try to persuade anyone though. I've realised that's a futile pursuit for everyone! 😊
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  17. #106
    I don't doubt it will be here in the next couple seasons, as it progresses across most leagues throughout Europe it's only a matter of time.

  18. #107
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    7,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know you didn't. People even say that they're deliberately corrupt though and I do think VAR would help.

    As with everything, the proof will be in the pudding. If clubs decide against, it'll show our league to be out of step with the "major leagues" so I think it will come in

    I'll welcome it as I see more plusses than negatives. I'm not going to try to persuade anyone though. I've realised that's a futile pursuit for everyone! 😊
    At a cost of £11k+ per match (not including initial infrastructure set up costs) for clubs I reckon we will decide against it because we canít afford to be in step with the top leagues. Thatís the equivalent of weekly wages for 5-8 first team players at our level. We could of course end up with some stripped down, basic version which is a shadow of what is used in the major leagues.

  19. #108
    @hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Gyle
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,810
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Canít come in soon enough after today
    Hibernian Football Club

  20. #109
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    6,640
    Today is an example of why it won't be brought in up here. VAR probably means Pirto stays on, their equaliser is offside and perhaps maybe even one if their players sent off. Won't ever happen unless it benefits the bigot twins

  21. #110
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,118
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBean View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Canít come in soon enough after today
    It wonít make a difference. It will be the same corrupt officials operating it.

  22. #111
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    15,599
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wonít make a difference. It will be the same corrupt officials operating it.
    The thing is though - I think you accept the decision better if it's been properly scrutinised by VAR, even if you don't agree with it.

    Today's red card - I've not seen it, but even our own fans appear to be split on it having seen it a few times.

    The ref gets one look with an entire stadium on his back. I just can't accept that folk think that is preferable, and I take on board the opinions about breaking up play. Games are better spectacles when the big decisions are correct. There are still some which are a matter of opinion but it is better when there are fewer of those.

  23. #112
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,534
    Need VAR in Scotland ASAP.

  24. #113
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    53,757
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont want it, it has ruined spontaneous goal celebrations, my first reaction now when a goal is scored is to see if there is a VAR.

    It has taken a huge bit of my enjoyment away from football.

    It will come though, and hopefully even the most bent refs we have in Scotland wont still disallow some of the awful decisions we've seen at Hibs.

    Surely to god with the whole country watching they still wont be able to stick to their obviously wrong decisions .

  25. #114
    What's the point as we will just have a Mason doing the VAR and giving us just as bad or worse decisions.

    It's pointless us playing these c###ts.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)