hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Easy to hear what he's saying in the West Upper. My only issue is the volume could be turned back a bit.

The music choices could be better, although I appreciate it'll be impossible to please everyone.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder why when he was reading out the lineups he only used the ladies' surnames?

And if we've spent all this money on the new screens, why couldn't we have the same information about team line ups shown there like in the men's games. Every little helps.
    Hi all,

Sorry I canít reply to every individual comment, thank you to all the positive comments and I guess Iím never going to be everyoneís cup of tea. 10
    years in November and Iíll keep trying my hardest to do the best for the club as long as it lasts.

In terms of the above, on Wednesday night we were given no team lines, none. It was a case of reading from Twitter to understand who was or wasnít playing.

Iím terms of the screens, I have mentioned in previous posts itís still very much a work in progress we are trying to work on the production of what works best and what doesnít. Unfortunately the lack of team lines and issues with new operators (on Wednesday) meant it wasnít as streamlined as the previous match days.

As I mentioned before, in terms of music, screens and myself, there is a full team of match day production. The screens are operated by ADI. The music is controlled by Micky Gavin (Forth) and the announcing is handled by myself. Collectively we support one another to try do what works based on feedback such as the comments based on here.

We are still waiting on further equipment to complete the installation of the new system from PA to screens etc. The mixer, mics and other parts are over 10 years old and as a result are in the process of being replaced.

We have gone from have a completely inaudible system to a state of the art of system, infact the best system in Scotland and thatís a huge change especially when we are yet to have a CAT A game. We are working on the right levels for each game, as it stands attendance is down on where we were pre covid and it will take time to understand the right levels for each game.

Ron and Ben are heavily focussed on ensuring the overall experience meets their expectations. I am hugely encouraged by what we are trying to achieve for the longer term experience of Easter Road and think once things come together, we will set the standard for Scottish Football to follow (based on what Ron wants to do).

Iíll always take criticism on the chin and Iíll always do the best to better the experience (that is within my own control) for everyone and I hope by coming on here providing what feedback I can, will help understand what is and what isnít happening with our match days.

B

Quote Originally Posted by HibsAnnouncer View Post
    Hi all,

Sorry I canít reply to every individual comment, thank you to all the positive comments and I guess Iím never going to be everyoneís cup of tea. 10
    years in November and Iíll keep trying my hardest to do the best for the club as long as it lasts.

In terms of the above, on Wednesday night we were given no team lines, none. It was a case of reading from Twitter to understand who was or wasnít playing.

Iím terms of the screens, I have mentioned in previous posts itís still very much a work in progress we are trying to work on the production of what works best and what doesnít. Unfortunately the lack of team lines and issues with new operators (on Wednesday) meant it wasnít as streamlined as the previous match days.

As I mentioned before, in terms of music, screens and myself, there is a full team of match day production. The screens are operated by ADI. The music is controlled by Micky Gavin (Forth) and the announcing is handled by myself. Collectively we support one another to try do what works based on feedback such as the comments based on here.

We are still waiting on further equipment to complete the installation of the new system from PA to screens etc. The mixer, mics and other parts are over 10 years old and as a result are in the process of being replaced.

We have gone from have a completely inaudible system to a state of the art of system, infact the best system in Scotland and thatís a huge change especially when we are yet to have a CAT A game. We are working on the right levels for each game, as it stands attendance is down on where we were pre covid and it will take time to understand the right levels for each game.

Ron and Ben are heavily focussed on ensuring the overall experience meets their expectations. I am hugely encouraged by what we are trying to achieve for the longer term experience of Easter Road and think once things come together, we will set the standard for Scottish Football to follow (based on what Ron wants to do).

Iíll always take criticism on the chin and Iíll always do the best to better the experience (that is within my own control) for everyone and I hope by coming on here providing what feedback I can, will help understand what is and what isnít happening with our match days.

B
    Personally think you and the rest of the team are doing a fantastic job,the improvements are immense and it sounds like things are only going to get better.

First Team Breakthrough
    Hi all,

B
    Another excellent and well considered response. Really helps clarify the situation and it's appreciated getting such good comms and feedback. Again, wanted to reiterate that we appreciate all that you and the team do to create an atmosphere and make the match day experience better. I like how you are always looking for ways to improve and engaging with feedback. Thanks 👍

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    In keeping with the spiritual name of ER,The Holy Ground

I nominate the song " The Holy Ground" by The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem

Rousing song, good beat, foot tapping, hand clapping ditty and loud chorus!

Easy for singing section to catch on to.
    And everyone else, who don't already know the lyrics.

I mentioned it used to be sung at ER many years ago.
    Would love it to make a return.

Worth a try Barrie,i say !

There are more modern versions by bands other than The Clancy's or Dubliners.
    That's a great song for leaving the stadium, but not for the team walking out, imo.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Run out to "Glory Glory to The Hibees". It's a fantastic song, why do we need anything else?

Hi all,

B
    Think you are doing a great job. You listen to fans - you give shout outs and definitely trying to improve the match day experience.

Itís hard to please everyone as many have different music tastes but seems to get a good balance.

Amazing you werenít given full names for Wednesdays womenís derby.

I think the walk out music is good just now - itís what the players want rather than some slow tune etc. Having no music just doesnít work for the small games - larger games atmosphere takes care of itself with or without music.

Keep up the good work!

The sound system is a massive improvement and money well spent. I also think the guy doing the announcements and providing the music is doing a good job

As for the volume... it was a bit loud at the St Mirren game but OK (IMO) at the St Johnstone game.

It will just take a wee while to find the balance, but it's really good to read that feedback is being taken on board.

I notice the OP has never returned to the thread since his critical initial post. Perhaps an element of mischief making? Barrie has taken the time to respond so lets hear back from you Bothar.

I heard him announce the mom whilst sitting in Sweden!

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I notice the OP has never returned to the thread since his critical initial post. Perhaps an element of mischief making? Barrie has taken the time to respond so lets hear back from you Bothar.

I don't think this is to do with the speakers and more to do with the DJ/Announcer. When the security announcments are made they are usually a lot clearer and you can at least make out what is being said. I've been to a few ladies and u20's games where theres been a different announcer and they are usually clear as well (albeit the stadium is basically empty).

He posted that on 15/7/2016 he doesn't like Barrie does he
    45 AND RISING

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Run out to "Glory Glory to The Hibees". It's a fantastic song, why do we need anything else?
    The question was raised in regards to the Hibs women's team. I suppose there's a question about whether the fans base are a different demographic than died in the wool, older male supporters and therefore are you needing to play something that appeals to that audience?

If your key demographic for the women's games are a younger crowd are the old classics going to get them going or will it just be background noise to them?

Hands up, I don't know the answer to the above, either if the demographic is massively different or if Glory Glory to the Hibees would have the same effect at the women's games as it does the men's. Only way to find out would be trial and error. One week use it, another week play something else and rotate throughout the season and see what the fans react to.