hibs.net Messageboard

Coaching Staff

James Anderson donation

James Anderson has made a further charitable donation to Scottish football, this time £1.5 million to grass roots football. He's certainly been a major benefactor to various levels of the game in Scotland, have to say we'll done.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    The Scottish Football Partnership Trust (SFP Trust) has launched a New Community Football Facilities Fund following a £1.5m donation from the philanthropist James Anderson. The donation represents the biggest investment the charity has ever received, and it could rise to as much as £1,875,000 on the successful processing of Gift-Aid. James Clydesdale, Chair of the SFP Trust said; “This is an incredibly generous donation and a tremendous vote of confidence in our work at grassroots level. James Anderson shares our philosophy and has been supporting some of our projects since 2020. This million plus investment is taking things to a whole new level.”

The fund will focus on facilities and club infrastructure and how these can support the long term sustainability of grassroots clubs and other charitable community football organisations as they seek to increase their impact for both communities and individuals. Stuart McCaffrey Chief Operating Officer added: “Our aim at the SFP Trust is always to promote inclusive participation in football at grassroots level with physical well-being and mental health being central to charitable aims and objectives. By investing in facilities, we can bolster hubs and homes for clubs enabling more people of all ages, regardless of their ability or social circumstances, to participate in a safe and modern environment. Whilst the Fund will primarily support football-based activities, we also hope it will help the development of other sports played at football club facilities.”

How the SFP Trust James Anderson Facility Fund will work

Grassroots clubs and other charitable community football organisations will be able to apply for grants under two programmes: Large and Small Infrastructure Projects.

Large infrastructure projects will see grants of between £10,000 and £40,000 for the development or refurbishment of club facilities such as: pavilions, clubhouses and changing rooms; grass playing and training pitches, including drainage and surface improvements; 3G artificial grass pitches (both training and match sizes); and fixed floodlights.

Small infrastructure grants up to £10,000 for facility improvements such as replacement of unsafe goalposts or additional goals; portable floodlights; storage containers; minor clubhouse/changing rooms improvements and refurbishments; grounds maintenance equipment; safety fencing.

*Clubs/Organisations are encouraged to discuss their projects with SFP Trust staff before making applications*

“It seems clearer to me that a flourishing grassroots football system is a major contribution to health, well-being and happiness.” James Anderson

https://thescottishfootballpartnersh...ames-anderson/

Well done to the guy.

Nothing against him personally, he's very generous with his wealth, but it does highlight the society we live in when someone can hand over literally millions and millions of pounds without blinking an eye to Scottish football whilst we have people who can't afford to feed their kids.

Well done him

Well done to James Anderson. I'm sure it'll get put to better use there than going towards Hearts overpaying their players.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Well done him. 100% for the good of the game,

what a difference now that mrs doctor Budge hasn't been able to hijack it and somehow tie it into the survival of recently relegated Hearts

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    One of the good guys

I doth my cap Sir

Well done

Might be a Jambo but has a genuine interest in wider Scottish football which is a breath of fresh air, fair play to him.

Fantastic gesture

Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Might be a Jambo but has a genuine interest in wider Scottish football which is a breath of fresh air, fair play to him.
    Don’t even think he is a Jambo which makes the amount of cash he’s pumped in all the more galling.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Don’t even think he is a Jambo which makes the amount of cash he’s pumped in all the more galling.
    Yes is he not from Norwich or down that way.

He should have gone to the moon. Being a philanthropist and using your wealth for the wider good is so yestercentury.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Are the sparryheids claiming the credit for it yet like they did when he donated the money for covid testing?

United we stand here....

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Are the sparryheids claiming the credit for it yet like they did when he donated the money for covid testing?
    Its funny how some people show no gratitude when a good deed has been done???
    Does it really matter if they claim credit or not, its the people who will benefit in the end are the winners!!!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Its funny how some people show no gratitude when a good deed has been done???
    Does it really matter if they claim credit or not, its the people who will benefit in the end are the winners!!!
    It doesn’t matter, I only asked a question. Maybe you shouldn’t be so sensitive. It’s great that he’s donating this money and me having a laugh at the expense of our rivals won’t change that.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I hope Jim Clydesdale isn't offering any architectural/design advice to those looking to apply for grants.

Brilliant. Well done that man. A fair few kids who might otheriwse have slipped through life’s net, will get into the game and say in it, and be better off for it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    He should have gone to the moon. Being a philanthropist and using your wealth for the wider good is so yestercentury.
    or at least to the edge of space

If it’s Gift Aid to a charity he can claim it all back in tax. I’m not knocking it as it benefits football.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillsidehibby View Post
    If it’s Gift Aid to a charity he can claim it all back in tax. I’m not knocking it as it benefits football.
    His tax relief will be nothing like "all".

I don't know what his income is, but he won't be getting much tax relief on this.

On the Gift Aid issue, the Trust will actually receive £1.875m, as the taxpayer will give them £375k.

Good on him. Great gesture.

Didn't realise he was from down south, assumed he was an Edinburgh lad (due to the Hearts connection.) I'm guessing they must've just become 'his team' since he moved up.