hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Thought it was a crap game all round. They’ve not really got any interest in playing and we played in to their hands for long spells (particularly first half) by slowing everything down. Really important win though, one of those games where performance is pretty irrelevant for me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I missed it. How was Macey today?
    Solid enough but frustrates the life out of me. Slowing the pace down and time wasting does not suit us. I'm not saying take risks but If the full back is on give hi. The ball. We ate better keeping possession than wasting 6bseconds and launching it for ambrose to attack. Got away with it today but not last week

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Thought it was a crap game all round. They’ve not really got any interest in playing and we played in to their hands for long spells (particularly first half) by slowing everything down. Really important win though, one of those games where performance is pretty irrelevant for me.
    Never going to get a good flowing game of football against them, they just want to grind results out and bore fans to death.

In 7 league matches they have scored three and lost five. total of 8 goals says it all for me

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    No PATG, no walk ups, everything on line tickets, print at home etc etc etc.
    It looked more than that from my seat at the top of the FF Upper. The East Stand looked fairly full as did the West apart from the wide areas. Even the St Johnstone area looked fuller than I have seen it previously.

St Johnstone always used to be Hibs’ lowest crowd of the season back in the 1990s: 4,000 - 4,500 and even less than 3,500 one time if I recall correctly (1992?).

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Never going to get a good flowing game of football against them, they just want to grind results out and bore fans to death.

In 7 league matches they have scored three and lost five. total of 8 goals says it all for me
    What really struck me was how much they whinge and moan about absolutely everything. Obviously Liam Craig leads from the front in that regard but their whole team do the same. They were even complaining about fouls they actually got at various points today.

The boy getting sent off for the sarcastic clapping was a decent laugh though. And there wasn’t even any real reason for him to do it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    After last season any win aganst them will do. Well in Hibs!

Mind everyone check their baws tonight!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Great result, horrible to watch. What’s happened to our support. 13200??

I really don’t think there’s anything to be gained by criticising the support or demanding higher attendance.

We have been through a global shock and its repercussions are still being felt. Expecting an immediate return to normality after this pandemic isn’t right. It will take months or even years.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    Solid enough but frustrates the life out of me. Slowing the pace down and time wasting does not suit us. I'm not saying take risks but If the full back is on give hi. The ball. We ate better keeping possession than wasting 6bseconds and launching it for ambrose to attack. Got away with it today but not last week
    I think we got more from the launches forward than we did playing it from the back which invariably ends in Porteous aimlessly booting it up the park. At least Nisbet won a few headers from Maceys kicks.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I really don’t think there’s anything to be gained by criticising the support or demanding higher attendance.

We have been through a global shock and its repercussions are still being felt. Expecting an immediate return to normality after this pandemic isn’t right. It will take months or even years.
    Hear hear. There will be many who are still apprehensive or perhaps have vulnerable people at home and who may not yet be ready for the up close and personal/ shoulder to shoulder of a full stadium.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    The seethe on kickback is hilarious. All their penalties this season were stonewallers where ours are dives or bad decisions. Keep saying we've got hard games coming up but they have well,St Johnstone,sevco coming up. All tough games.The wee lambs upset they aren't second anymore. Awww.
    They are though joint second

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Good 3 points but not the best performances, St Johnstone do that to teams, drain the life out of good football, anti football by them.
    Agreed, St J playing as if Levein was their manager., grim viewing.

I thought we were average at best. Defence played well, as did Allan, but the majority were well off it.

Nisbet and Newall need to step up and perform much better than they have been doing recently. Same with Boyle, other than his penalties and he’s been pretty rank really. Sorry folks!

Still, we’re back above Hearts, that’ll do me!

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I think we got more from the launches forward than we did playing it from the back which invariably ends in Porteous aimlessly booting it up the park. At least Nisbet won a few headers from Maceys kicks.
    Most of the time I'm not a fan of keepers just launching it.

See today with 5 minutes to go when we were 1 up. I was mystified by the screaming and shouting for Macey to roll it out to Stevenson or McGinn, especially because 99% of the time it wasn't really on. Yes the player receiving the ball was in space but they were going to look up and immediately see nothing but a blue wall ahead of them. Macey should be, and was, thinking 2 or 3 passes ahead rather than just giving it to a wing back with no options.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    What really struck me was how much they whinge and moan about absolutely everything. Obviously Liam Craig leads from the front in that regard but their whole team do the same. They were even complaining about fouls they actually got at various points today.

The boy getting sent off for the sarcastic clapping was a decent laugh though. And there wasn’t even any real reason for him to do it.
    That was McCart, the lad we tried to sign I think? Ridiculous red card to get.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Hibs 1-0 anti-football. Delighted with the 3 points. I thought Porteous and Hanlon were excellent.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Most of the time I'm not a fan of keepers just launching it.

See today with 5 minutes to go when we were 1 up. I was mystified by the screaming and shouting for Macey to roll it out to Stevenson or McGinn, especially because 99% of the time it wasn't really on. Yes the player receiving the ball was in space but they were going to look up and immediately see nothing but a blue wall ahead of them. Macey should be, and was, thinking 2 or 3 passes ahead rather than just giving it to a wing back with no options.
    Full back , long ball into a channel is nearly always a better option than lump up the park if there's nothing else on

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Hearts at full strength are still behind us and they are realising that.
    They are obsessed with where they are in comparison to us. It's 7 bloody games for gods sake. Utterly strange people.They are at virtually full strength and have had us,Aberdeen and celtic at home. They have sevco home and away and us,celtic and Aberdeen away before we've all played home and away. They have missed a chance to get ahead and are fretting. Hopefully Murphy back soon then doidge then Mueller in January plus I'd imagine one or two more. Worst thing about them is they think we are crap and they are awesome. Delusional just like the pan drop brigade.

Even the top teams aren't at their best every week. The 3 points is what matters. How many times have we had 60/40 stats and dropped points. Makes up for the draw last week. I expected 4points from the two games so fairly happy.

Horrible anti-football club comes away with nothing from ER is a good day for the game. Vg 3 points for Hibs. Was never going to be pretty, all about getting the win !

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    One guy moaned about us being above them when we have the same goal difference and that they should be in second as he is before hi alphabetically. I kid you not. Do they think they will qualify for the champions league if they are second just now. Deary me.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    They can be joint second all they like. We’re out on our own in first place.

That’s how this works, isn’t it? You just pick a place that you’d like to be and ignore the ways of deciding who is actually in that place?

Bizarre that they chose second when the possibilities are endless tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    They can be joint second all they like. We’re out on our own in first place.

That’s how this works, isn’t it? You just pick a place that you’d like to be and ignore the ways of deciding who is actually in that place?

Bizarre that they chose second when the possibilities are endless tbh.
    We're 2nd because we've scored more goals than them.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Which is why I am surprised Hibs were charging £28 for a ticket today. Empty seats everywhere. I no longer have a ST (nor do my two boys) and the price put us off attending today. We could afford it but just thought the price was ridiculously high. For the three of us to go it would have cost us £84.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    Which is why I am surprised Hibs were charging £28 for a ticket today. Empty seats everywhere. I no longer have a ST (nor do my two boys) and the price put us off attending today. We could afford it but just thought the price was ridiculously high. For the three of us to go it would have cost us £84.

i'm p*ssed that they started this daft zone crap in the East(copied from tynecastle), £5 more for a seat in sect 39 that i was paying season before last, no one was bothered where they were sitting so why change it

scrap that i know why they changed it, so they could charge more