hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    No idea why people want Daz in the team. Stop the crosses and all will be fine.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This could be the season where there is actually a title race involving mire than the old firm going by results so far and they are both still in Europe.
    Not a chance.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    I’m intrigued to see what approach JR goes for. I was critical of him after the SC final because I felt we didn’t plan anything to counter the threats ST J had posed us all season.

So do we play our game again, but this time aim to take our chances before they get into it? Or does he come up with something to specifically deal with the threat of Rooney at the back post?

He could bring in Wood and match them with a back 3, not sure what he’s like in the air mind. It was Rooney’s runs from deep that caused all the problems, so that would mean either Lewy/Doig would have to be on it and tasked with at the very least not letting him get a clear run into the box.

Really hope we can get the win and put this one to bed. We could really kick on after if we do IMO!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibs View Post
    The day I pish my pampers over the thought of facing St Johnstone is the day I'd give up watching Hibernian.
    Tend to agree but also, we’ve not beaten them at ER in the league for a very long time. St Johnstone deserve more respect than some given them credit for. Granted they are not a joy to watch, but they are effective.

We can all predict how it will go. They’ll defend for their lives, throw a few crosses in to our box and probably score with a header.

As someone said earlier, hopefully we start with same tempo as Thursday night rather than the sluggish start against St Mirren.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Is it a big game tomorrow?…
    Only if we loose.

First Team Regular
    Defend the crosses, and we will win.

Left by mutual consent!
    Allan to start and get the opening goal with a moment of magic from him! Otherwise I'm concerned. Sticking with 1-0 Hibs though.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Allan 26
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    We really need a win today to get back on track in the league. Our run recently hasn’t been great and we’ve a difficult run of games to come so nothing short of 3 points today is acceptable.

I want to see Jack Ross set us up for this game with a really clear plan to break them down. The last few times we played them, including the cup final, they were organised and their plan worked flawlessly meanwhile we have looked lost.

Obviously I'm no football manager but the first thing I would be saying is the keep the ball on the deck at all costs. We can play it out wide but no one crosses into the box unless it's a pass along the ground. Their centre halfs have dealt with our aimless crosses with ease in the past so I'd be telling them to do something different.

I'd also be telling the likes of Magennis and Nisbet to get early shots off centrally to test their keeper, but the most important thing would be if they press us we must keep our passing composure and not resort to hoofing it down the line. Keep the ball and don't always resort to crosses into the box and I think we stand a chance.

Haven’t beaten them at ER since January 2016.

We haven’t beaten them in the last 5 games.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

We'll still make chances though. Similar luck to Thursday night could see us 3-0 up at half time.

I'm not feeling confident about today's game.

St J have quite clearly worked out how to play us and our obvious problem with crosses into the box from the left is one they'd worked out quite a while back.

We need to improve a lot from our last home display against St Mirren.

Buzzing for this. My first Hibs match since Caley in the Scottish cup Feb 20.

St J are the pinnacle of a bogey team however. Hopefully we can get 3 points

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    No idea why people want Daz in the team. Stop the crosses and all will be fine.
    Possibly because they’ve bullied us at times

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

Is our record at ER v them not worse than that? Thought it went back to 2012 or something daft.

Haven’t beaten them at ER since January 2016. We haven’t beaten them in the last 5 games.
    Pretty sure we didn't beat them in January 2016, we were in the championship.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

That game was at swiney, League Cup semi.

As far as I can see our last home win against them was 25 August 2012 although hopefully someone will correct that if I'm wrong.

There was a good article in the paper about Thomas Tuchels coaching. When he was preparing to play a team that attacked from the flanks and did most of their damage out wide, he would cone off the wide areas at training so when his team (Mainz I think) had the ball, they would get used to funneling it through the middle with short passes which made it harder for Stuttgart to counter attack from wide positions, his team won easily. That’s St Johnstones strength as well.

Doig has started the last 4 matches against St Johnstone and we’ve lost every one of them. Why not try something different at left back and start a bonafide defender like Steveson? Just an idea Jack.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Curried View Post
    Doig has started the last 4 matches against St Johnstone and we’ve lost every one of them. Why not try something different at left back and start a bonafide defender like Steveson? Just an idea Jack.
    That is a good idea after Thursday.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Yip id play stevenson, doig for me hasnt done enough defensively this season to warrant a start today, but he probably will

Macey

McGinn Porto Hanlon Stevenson

JDH Newell Magennis

Boyle Nisbet Allan

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I'm not feeling confident about today's game.

St J have quite clearly worked out how to play us and our obvious problem with crosses into the box from the left is one they'd worked out quite a while back.

We need to improve a lot from our last home display against St Mirren.
    I'm the opposite. I think we'll win today. In saying that, I wasn't confident about Thursday night and the game was won by half time. Clearly know nothing.
    Last edited by Since452; 26-09-2021 at 09:28 AM.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    We really need a win today to get back on track in the league. Our run recently hasn’t been great and we’ve a difficult run of games to come so nothing short of 3 points today is acceptable.
    Need to be careful with phrases like this. Folk will take it literally and next thing you know they will be asking what you gonna do if we don't win!

I'm tipping us for a comfortable win in what is a really, really big game for us today.

Nisbet playing up front on his own to score at least 2, neither of them penalties.

No chance anyone is calling me a yam today.

I think it's a fair shout.

It's going to be a tight game today and we can't afford to ship any easy goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I'm the opposite. I think we'll win today. In saying that, I wasn't confident about Thursday night and the game was won by half time. Clear know nothing.

You and me both, mate

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    I’m intrigued to see what approach JR goes for. I was critical of him after the SC final because I felt we didn’t plan anything to counter the threats ST J had posed us all season.

So do we play our game again, but this time aim to take our chances before they get into it? Or does he come up with something to specifically deal with the threat of Rooney at the back post?

He could bring in Wood and match them with a back 3, not sure what he’s like in the air mind. It was Rooney’s runs from deep that caused all the problems, so that would mean either Lewy/Doig would have to be on it and tasked with at the very least not letting him get a clear run into the box.

Really hope we can get the win and put this one to bed. We could really kick on after if we do IMO!
    We need some height at the back. Play Woods in back 3.

Not sure who to come in, but need to freshen things up IMO. Few of them looked absolutely knackered towards the end of the game the other night.

Absolutely massive game especially with going to Ibrox next week. We need these 3 points or we could easily find ourselves 6 behind the pink freaks.