hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stupid post, similar to the one you were replying to.

FWIW it was me who mentioned the thing about big games being weighted, it’s not a difficult concept. Some big games will mean more to some people than other big games and the idea they can all be bundled together as big games is flawed. I gave my opinion without being disrespectful or acting like a smart arse, I backed it up with my thoughts on the relevant thread, you are perfectly entitled to disagree with it, running off to other threads to try and take the piss makes you look like a prick IMO.
    Grow up and less of the personal attacks. Folk have been banned for less.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Need to win this. Need to break whatever hold St Johnstone have on us.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Grow up and less of the personal attacks. Folk have been banned for less.
    I’m not going to get involved in back and forth mud slinging, all I’ll say is if you disagree with a post, debate it.

Taking the piss out of peoples opinions on different threads to the one it was made is poor IMO.

In reference to the point you were replying to, there was absolutely no need for a comment about it being a big game or not and was clearly made to troll people who have a different opinion to you and the person you quoted.

Just lastly, I’ve made it almost 40 years old without growing up so I’m not about to start now thank you very much.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m not going to get involved in back and forth mud slinging, all I’ll say is if you disagree with a post, debate it.

Taking the piss out of peoples opinions on different threads to the one it was made is poor IMO.

In reference to the point you were replying to, there was absolutely no need for a comment about it being a big game or not and was clearly made to troll people who have a different opinion to you and the person you quoted.

Just lastly, I’ve made it almost 40 years old without growing up so I’m not about to start now thank you very much.

Take it to a PM lads, folk want to read about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I'm quite enjoying it. Not just me that's had a few libations. 😀

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar

Only one guy mud slinging.

Anyway, important game tomorrow, here’s hoping we’re both on here celebrating a win against our bogey team.

Tough run of games ahead after too.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    It’s not started yet, there’s plenty time to talk pish before the game 😉

Only joking of course.

With regards to the game, I just hope Nisbet isn’t up front himself, it doesn’t work IMO.

I’m not sure how it would work with Allan playing as a number 10, it never used to suit him as he wanted to be more involved in the play however I think his game is starting to change a bit and it could work.

Macey

McGinn
    Porto
    Hanlon
    Doig

JDH
    Magennis
    Newell

Allan

Boyle
    Nisbet

I think that’s the same team as Thursday apart from Doig but I wouldn’t have Allan on the left.

Boyle and Allan both would need to drift wide to provide width.

Only joking of course.

With regards to the game, I just hope Nisbet isn’t up front himself, it doesn’t work IMO.

I’m not sure how it would work with Allan playing as a number 10, it never used to suit him as he wanted to be more involved in the play however I think his game is starting to changer a bit and it could work.

Macey

McGinn
    Porto
    Hanlon
    Doig

JDH
    Magennis
    Newell

Allan

Boyle
    Nisbet

I think that’s the same team as Thursday apart from Doig but I wouldn’t have Allan on the left.

We scored 3 goals in the first half last game with him up top on his own. So it clearly does work. It just doesn’t have to be the striker scoring the goals. He clearly likes the 4231 system.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    We scored 3 goals in the first half last game with him up top on his own. So it clearly does work. It just doesn’t have to be the striker scoring the goals. He clearly likes the 4231 system.
    Very different game tomorrow though.

I think they’ll play with 3 at the back and they’ll swallow Nisbet up if he’s up there himself.

The first half of the game last weekend is closer to how the game is likely to be played than Thursday IMO,

Left by mutual consent!
    Very tough game tomorrow. Hopefully Boyle can have one of his better games so we can terrorise them with his pace. We need a switched on Nisbet too.
    Last edited by Allez Hibs; 25-09-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Will be hard for us. They have zero intention of ever leaving their own 18 yard line, so breaking on them is very difficult. Need to get some efforts in from range, and box them in, consistently probing them. They will crack. We score first, it changes everything.

We are long overdue a win against them. Going to happen sooner or later. Tomorrow please.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Will be hard for us. They have zero intention of ever leaving their own 18 yard line, so breaking on them is very difficult. Need to get some efforts in from range, and box them in, consistently probing them. They will crack. We score first, it changes everything.
    Aye think scoring first is the difficult thing. We got past 20mins without a goal & we’ll be struggling imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Aye think scoring first is the difficult thing. We got past 20mins without a goal & we’ll be struggling imo.
    Be interesting to see how losing McCann and Kerr has effected them.

@hibs.net private member
    The results today have shown how important it is we win our home games. Really important we get a result tomorrow and hopefully Ross has worked out how to pick the St Johnstone lock. They haven't made the best start to the season but typically we play them just when they have won their last two away games without conceding. Going to be a tough one but if we need to focus on a third place finish this year and given the way other teams have started and are playing 3pts are incredibly important.

It is a big match for me due to other results and the fact Ross hasn't been able to out think Davidson despite a team that costs far more. For clarification I'd weigh it as below a Derby or the Uglies but on a par with a run of the mill Aberdeen game or maybe even slightly above. With other teams winning most weeks every game will be a big game this year

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    The results today have shown how important it is we win our home games. Really important we get a result tomorrow and hopefully Ross has worked out how to pick the St Johnstone lock. They haven't made the best start to the season but typically we play them just when they have won their last two away games without conceding. Going to be a tough one but if we need to focus on a third place finish this year and given the way other teams have started and are playing 3pts are incredibly important.

It is a big match for me due to other results and the fact Ross hasn't been able to out think Davidson despite a team that costs far more. For clarification I'd weigh it as below a Derby or the Uglies but on a par with a run of the mill Aberdeen game or maybe even slightly above. With other teams winning most weeks every game will be a big game this year
    If we are as good as we think we are then 3pts are vital tomorrow to stay in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    If we are as good as we think we are then 3pts are vital tomorrow to stay in touch.
    I disagree.

Clearly it would be great to win tomorrow and the advantages of doing so are obvious but there’s still ages to go and all the teams we are competing with for 3rd place will drop points and go through sticky spells.

No prizes are given out in September and even if we lose we’re still well in touch with 3rd place.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    If we concede the first goal we’ll lose going by the pattern of games against them last season. They are without Gordon, Kerr and McCan. Also missing another couple in midfield. Hasn’t stopped them going to Aberdeen and winning 1-0, which is their usual. Soak up all the pressure and score on the break.

Two away losses in twenty two games is a good record and we’ll do well to break them down. I’d start Allan just to give us something different against them.

Left by mutual consent!
    I disagree.

Clearly it would be great to win tomorrow and the advantages of doing so are obvious but there’s still ages to go and all the teams we are competing with for 3rd place will drop points and go through sticky spells.

No prizes are given out in September and even if we lose we’re still well in touch with 3rd place.
    This could be the season where there is actually a title race involving mire than the old firm going by results so far and they are both still in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This could be the season where there is actually a title race involving mire than the old firm going by results so far and they are both still in Europe.
    No chance IMO.

Only joking of course.

I’m not sure how it would work with Allan playing as a number 10, it never used to suit him as he wanted to be more involved in the play however I think his game is starting to change a bit and it could work.

Macey

McGinn
    Porto
    Hanlon
    Doig

JDH
    Magennis
    Newell

Allan

Boyle
    Nisbet

We won 3-1 just Thursday night against DUFC with Kevin the lone striker.

My preference would be for Kevin and Christian as a front two but we've won matches with Kevin as a lone striker so it does work.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If we concede the first goal we’ll lose going by the pattern of games against them last season. They are without Gordon, Kerr and McCan. Also missing another couple in midfield. Hasn’t stopped them going to Aberdeen and winning 1-0, which is their usual. Soak up all the pressure and score on the break.

Two away losses in twenty two games is a good record and we’ll do well to break them down. I’d start Allan just to give us something different against them.
    The day I pish my pampers over the thought of facing St Johnstone is the day I'd give up watching Hibernian.

@hibs.net private member
    I disagree.

There is still plenty time but there are also more teams in contention and we have a run of fixtures where picking up points will be tough. Lose tomorrow and we are likely 5th and trying to catch up with two teams with the Dons potentially snapping at our heels. From what I read 3rd place guarantees European football till Christmas so the prize is bigger than usual. Yes it isn't a must win but not taking 3 points means our climb to 3rd will become steeper

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibs View Post
    The day I pish my pampers over the thought of facing St Johnstone is the day I'd give up watching Hibernian.
    Not sure anyone is “pishing their pampers” to be honest.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Not sure anyone is “pishing their pampers” to be honest.
    I think a few are spooked by St Johnstone.

We should never be scared of St Johnstone.

Looking at the table and run of games coming up, 3pts tomorrow are important.

We won 3-1 just Thursday night against DUFC with Kevin the lone striker.

My preference would be for Kevin and Christian as a front two but we've won matches with Kevin as a lone striker so it does work.
    Mentioned it in a reply to someone else who made the same point but I think tomorrow will be a very different game.

The game won’t be as open as it was on Thursday night being the main difference.

Macey

Mcgregor
    Porto
    Hanlon

Doig
    Cadden

Jdh
    Newell
    Allan

Boyle
    Nisbit

Blog Entries
    I think we will win tomorrow. We are a better team than them and if we put cup games to the back of our minds, we will be too strong for them.

@hibs.net private member
    They play with 3 at the back and look well organized as a unit, they deal with crosses into the box clearing their line, I think Scott Allan will be the key to a Hibs victory with a killer pass.

Did not know they made them in your size😁
    They will set up more than likely the way they always do against us. That's why Scotty is important in games like this, we have been very predictable in previous matches against them.