hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 104
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    60
    Posts
    38,630

    Hibs v St Johnstone

    So is it the same starting line up as Thursday for Hibs?


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,339
    JR mentioned post match there would probably be some changes for the weekend or words to that effect. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Doig come back in and possibly Cadden for Allan in a 3-5-2. I don’t think Allan deserves to lose his place but it may be a case of managing his fitness.

    It’ll no doubt be a turgid game due to the opposition where a moment of quality might just be the difference so I would expect Allan to get good chunk of the game either way whether thats starting or the last half hour.

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JR mentioned post match there would probably be some changes for the weekend or words to that effect. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Doig come back in and possibly Cadden for Allan in a 3-5-2. I don’t think Allan deserves to lose his place but it may be a case of managing his fitness.

    It’ll no doubt be a turgid game due to the opposition where a moment of quality might just be the difference so I would expect Allan to get good chunk of the game either way whether thats starting or the last half hour.
    The thought of Doig defending the back post area against Rooney is enough to keep you awake tonight.

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,339
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thought of Doig defending the back post area against Rooney is enough to keep you awake tonight.
    Yeah been caught out a couple of times this season but he’s going to have to learn and at least he will be able to compete on height. Lewis won’t stand a chance with some of the crosses.
    Hopefully 3 centre backs would give us more bodies in the box to defend the crosses as they will no doubt be targeted as a weakness for us this season.

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    55
    Posts
    23,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So is it the same starting line up as Thursday for Hibs?
    Think Doig will come back in Billy, a wee rest for him the other night.

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    60
    Posts
    38,630
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think Doig will come back in Billy, a wee rest for him the other night.
    It was only an opening question. Hope we’ve learned from last seasons games against them. I’d have McGregor in, maybe move to a 352
    See what happens tomorrow

  8. #7
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    471
    When is Wood going to get an opportunity?

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    53
    Posts
    7,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When is Wood going to get an opportunity?
    When Ross decides to play 352

  10. #9
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    60
    Posts
    38,630
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When Ross decides to play 352
    Does he play ahead of Daz

  11. #10
    First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    380
    For me Scotty has to start even if it's only for 45 minutes he has the ability to unlock turgid defences. It is imperative we get the first goal.

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Auckland, NZ
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,434
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Magennis was absolutely dead on his feet so wont be overly surpised if he's rested

    Depends on how he recovers

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

  13. #12
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    471
    Hibs are at home and need to start with a brighter tempo.

  14. #13
    Need to try something different against St Johnstone so Allan to start for me.

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does he play ahead of Daz
    Yes

  16. #15
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRS
    Posts
    10,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does he play ahead of Daz
    It was Wood, not McGregor, on the bench against St Mirren so I'd assume so.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  17. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs are at home and need to start with a brighter tempo.
    We scored in the third minute on Thursday?

  18. #17
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Pub With No Beer
    Posts
    264
    As Calum, Davidson last season,seemed to have some pre match mystic knowledge of Hibs formation and tactics and dealt with it accordingly.Let the smartass work this one out.

    Formation 4-4-2

    Dabrowski
    Cadden,McGregor,Wood.Stevenson
    Henry,Gogic,Allan,Mackay,
    Scott,Gullan

    Not going to happen,but sometimes you have to do some “blue water thinking” (whatever that means) to come at things from a different angle.

  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,030
    Is it a big game tomorrow?…

  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    60
    Posts
    38,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As Calum, Davidson last season,seemed to have some pre match mystic knowledge of Hibs formation and tactics and dealt with it accordingly.Let the smartass work this one out.

    Formation 4-4-2

    Dabrowski
    Cadden,McGregor,Wood.Stevenson
    Henry,Gogic,Allan,Mackay,
    Scott,Gullan

    Not going to happen,but sometimes you have to do some “blue water thinking” (whatever that means) to come at things from a different angle.
    Apart from the fact that won’t be the team😂, who is Henry

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it a big game tomorrow?…
    Only if we lose

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only if we lose
    Haha, true with this place.

    I wonder if someone will be a long to weight how big a game it is.

  23. #22
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    60
    Posts
    38,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha, true with this place.

    I wonder if someone will be a long to weight how big a game it is.
    A 1-0 win puts Hibs 2nd top again, that in my mind is a big game😀

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A 1-0 win puts Hibs 2nd top again, that in my mind is a big game
    When we set our sights on Europe in a competitive league , all league games are big games

  25. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As Calum, Davidson last season,seemed to have some pre match mystic knowledge of Hibs formation and tactics and dealt with it accordingly.Let the smartass work this one out.

    Formation 4-4-2

    Dabrowski
    Cadden,McGregor,Wood.Stevenson
    Henry,Gogic,Allan,Mackay,
    Scott,Gullan

    Not going to happen,but sometimes you have to do some “blue water thinking” (whatever that means) to come at things from a different angle.
    When did we sign Algernon Winston Spencer Castlereagh Razzmatazz?

  26. #25
    Hibs need to win tomorrow.
    Octobers games will see the 1st round of fixtures complete and our true standing revealed.
    Rangers and Aberdeen away and Dundee Utd and Celtic at home is a tough run.
    A draw at Aberdeen and a win at home against Dundee Utd is 4 points to add to what we have after tomorrow.
    That will probably see us in 4th place behind Hearts.
    Hibs are currently 4 point behind a reasonable schedule after 2 draws to bottom 6 teams.
    Hearts are 1 point ahead of a reasonable schedule after 1 draw against a bottom 6 team and a win against one side of the OF.
    In conclusion we need a win tomorrow given our rivals for 3rd won today.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 25-09-2021 at 06:11 PM.

  27. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs need to win tomorrow.
    Octobers games will see the 1st round of fixtures complete and our true standing revealed.
    Rangers and Aberdeen away and Dundee Utd and Celtic at home is a tough run.
    A draw at Aberdeen and a win at home against Dundee Utd is 4 points to add to what we have after tomorrow.
    That will probably see us in 4th place behind Hearts.
    Hibs are currently 4 point behind a reasonable schedule after 2 draws to bottom 6 teams.
    Hearts are 1 point ahead of a reasonable schedule after 1 draw against a bottom 6 team and a win against one side of the OF.
    In conclusion we need a win tomorrow given our rivals for 3rd won today.
    Was just about to say this

    We play 4 teams from current top 7, 1 of the seven being us.

    Will give us an indication where we are needing to be at come jan window.

  28. #27
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was only an opening question. Hope we’ve learned from last seasons games against them. I’d have McGregor in, maybe move to a 352
    See what happens tomorrow
    That's what I would do Billy with Doig playing in the left wing back role. Stevenson doesn't deserve to dropped after Thursday night but if he goes 3 at the back it allows Doig more freedom to play to his strength which is obviously attacking. Will Ross do that.....I would doubt it as it would mean dropping McGinn IMO and he made him vice captain

  29. #28
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    26,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha, true with this place.

    I wonder if someone will be a long to weight how big a game it is.
    Stupid post, similar to the one you were replying to.

    FWIW it was me who mentioned the thing about big games being weighted, it’s not a difficult concept. Some big games will mean more to some people than other big games and the idea they can all be bundled together as big games is flawed. I gave my opinion without being disrespectful or acting like a smart arse, I backed it up with my thoughts on the relevant thread, you are perfectly entitled to disagree with it, running off to other threads to try and take the piss makes you look like a prick IMO.

  30. #29
    Can we try and keep this thread civil and on topic please.

    There are a few 'jokes' that are being repeated across several threads that are starting to wear thin. By all means argue your point with posters you disagree with, repeatedly mocking others on multiple threads is not something we have ever tolerated and we won't be starting now.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  31. #30
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    26,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we try and keep this thread civil and on topic please.

    There are a few 'jokes' that are being repeated across several threads that are starting to wear thin. By all means argue your point with posters you disagree with, repeatedly mocking others on multiple threads is not something we have ever tolerated and we won't be starting now.
    Thanks PB.

    Apologies if my response was OTT.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)