hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 91 to 104 of 104
  1. #91
    Time we hammered SJ theyíve had it their own way with us for too long.
    Iím going to embrace the spirit of one of my early Hibs games, over on holiday from Ireland in 1976? we hammered them 9-2!


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    35,155
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Be interesting to see how losing McCann and Kerr has effected them.
    Two important players that is for sure. Didn't think defensively they were as good against Rangers but they have signed reasonably well in midfield with Ali Crawford and Cammy McPherson. They are a very decent side and a strong squad and as always will be a tough game. Would be good to get a break against them and get ahead in the game.

  4. #93
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,617
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Need to be careful with phrases like this. Folk will take it literally and next thing you know they will be asking what you gonna do if we don't win!
    Itís funny cause itís true
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 26-09-2021 at 10:01 AM.

  5. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That game was at swiney, League Cup semi.

    As far as I can see our last home win against them was 25 August 2012 although hopefully someone will correct that if I'm wrong.
    Unfortunately you're not wrong.

    As you say the game in 2016 was at Tynecastle.

    We've played them 7 times at Easter Road since our last victory - 3 draws and 4 defeats.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  6. #95
    What time do turnstiles open again? Come all the way up from england and don't want any issues scanning my ticket.

    Thanks.

  7. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You and me both, mate


    Agree ... play Lewis today

  8. #97
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    15,662
    Lewis has played very well indeed when called upon this season, better than Doig imo.

    Obviously 2 different sets of strengths and weaknesses but I would have no issues whatsoever with Lewis starting this game.

  9. #98
    30% of StJohnstone's starters who gave us trouble last season have moved on so not the same team.
    Saying that Davidson will try to play in the same way to get the same result but it all depends if his replacements can play to the same level.
    Their best two players, Kerr and McCann are gone and been replaced by Ambrose and Crawford. Their free kick specialist Tanser is gone and replaced by Brown.
    Efe was their MOTM last week but he doesn't have the discipline of Kerr. Crawford is a good replacement for McCann but isn't on the same level. Brown is a bog standard player and Tansers loss makes them less effectual from free kicks although Middleton shoots well from them.

    Would like to see us try to blow them away in the 1st 45 minutes.
    A back 3 with Wood getting his 1st game. A holding mid to take the ball from the CH's and who can switch in if Porteous has a chance to amble forward with the ball. Attack hard from the start with the other six outfield players including Allan who is good for 55 minutes.
    Absolutely no point in having Allan on the pitch if you are not on the front foot.
    Hopefully we would be 2-0 up when Allan departs to be replaced by Gogic. Then closing the game out with the 3 centre half's in position to defend any high balls into our box and Gogic clamping down on their midfielders.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 26-09-2021 at 12:32 PM.

  10. #99
    Barrels dropped to the bench. Thatís worrying.

  11. #100
    Personally wouldnt have dropped doyle hayes but looks like its been done to get allan back into centre midfieldwhich is where he should be

  12. #101
    Testimonial Due Weegreenman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Greenland
    Posts
    1,277
    A real test for us today regards making a statement that we can challenge for top spot.
    Címon the Hibees! 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬💚

  13. #102
    Few issues with the turnstiles in the east and cold food I'm back at Easter Road.

    Mon the Hibs.

  14. #103
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    The Black Oil
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by expresso View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time we hammered SJ theyíve had it their own way with us for too long.
    Iím going to embrace the spirit of one of my early Hibs games, over on holiday from Ireland in 1976? we hammered them 9-2!
    Went down to Edinburgh for the game. Decided it wouldnít be much of a game,stayed in pub missed match. I was gutted.

  15. #104
    Doig needs to step up today against Rooney.

    We canít lose a back post headed goal to Rooney again.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)