hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rangers v Hibs

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw Sparta Prague packed their ground with kids last night.

We should do likewise.

Take the hit, make a statement.

J
    Think they only done it as they originally had a stadium ban, but were then somehow allowed 10k bairns in?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Good that he isn't too far away then. International break coming up at a good time really.
    That's a pity if he isn't ready, could have made a big difference.

Good that he isn't too far away then. International break coming up at a good time really.
    Makes sense to give Murphy another 2 weeks to recover rather than risk a break down at the weekend.
    Boyle Doyle-Hayes and Nisbet back in full training this week but Doig and Magennis looking doubtful for the weekend.

Hopefully Hallberg & Doidge start training in a months time. No news on Mackie other than the info from Scoop which was basically doing as he is told by the physio's but with no idea on return date.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 01-10-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Is Magennis fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Is Magennis fit?
    JR saying he is doubtful along with Doig

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    JR saying he is doubtful along with Doig
    Our luck with injuries has been horrendous. With Nisbet and Boyle not training either we're limping along at the moment. Points tally remarkable considering.
    Last edited by Since452; 01-10-2021 at 10:27 AM.

Our luck with injuries has been horrendous. With Nisbet and Boyle not training either we're limping along at the moment. Points tally remarkable considering.
    I guess it looks like our luck is bad, but you could argue that we're getting exactly the luck we deserve.

It was us who put together a small squad (either by accident or design) choosing to go for quality of quantity. We're emerging out of a pandemic that has led to players being absent from time to time putting extra pressure on the remaining players, meaning we're getting exactly the luck we deserve as we have players playing regularly when less than 100%.

The points tally really is remarkable considering.

If we can limp through to January we really need to bolster, we also need to use the full depth of our squad between now and then to make sure we don't burn our players out further.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I guess it looks like our luck is bad, but you could argue that we're getting exactly the luck we deserve.

It was us who put together a small squad (either by accident or design) choosing to go for quality of quantity. We're emerging out of a pandemic that has led to players being absent from time to time putting extra pressure on the remaining players, meaning we're getting exactly the luck we deserve as we have players playing regularly when less than 100%.

The points tally really is remarkable considering.

If we can limp through to January we really need to bolster, we also need to use the full depth of our squad between now and then to make sure we don't burn our players out further.
    We’ve got plenty players to replace those that are injured.

JR saying both are back training this week

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    We're better off for cover in some places than others, but I wouldn't say we have plenty players.

Left by mutual consent!
    Provided KM is fit I wouldn't start Allan which is harsh due to his form. I think the bigots will try to get a lead early and see the game out as they won't fancy themselves in the last half hour due to fatigue from the Prague game.

Bring Scotty on for the last half hour/20mins when they're tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    JR saying both are back training this week

Good news

So is the only available coverage on the big screens or is PPV still available as well? It doesn't say on the website, that I can see anyway.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    So is the only available coverage on the big screens or is PPV still available as well? It doesn't say on the website, that I can see anyway.
    PPV only on RangersTV I think

We're better off for cover in some places than others, but I wouldn't say we have plenty players.
    We never have to pull in younger / reserve players so we must have plenty. Other teams are playing plenty youths.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    You'll get it on Rangers TV, it was £9.99 last season.

Quote Originally Posted by MKHIBEE View Post
    PPV only on RangersTV I think
    Just bought it and feel a bit dirty again.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    We have a 26 man first team squad, all of whom are established players proven at this level (apart gullane, Mackay and the two backup goalies).

I'd say that's more than enough, with our strongest 22 players we have two good options for every position.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    We have a 26 man first team squad, all of whom are established players proven at this level (apart gullane, Mackay and the two backup goalies).

I'd say that's more than enough, with our strongest 22 players we have two good options for every position.
    At least 2 of that 26 are on season long loans.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post

We've had players spewing on the pitch in one game. We've had our main centre-forward starting to get the fans on his back because he's badly out of form but having to play every minute of every game, possibly whilst carrying a knock.

I'd say that striker is probably the only position that we're struggling badly for but it's hardly a rosy situation over the entire squad.

Have we at any point this season been able to point at the bench and see a good few options who could come on and change the game for the better? Pretty much every week the bench looks light and Ross doesn't always use the full depth of our squad either.

We've done fine so far, albeit we've not had the toughest of games and we've been a bit wasteful at one or two points. The next month or so looks really tough and we seem to need to carry an awful lot of injuries at all times. I just think we should probably cut a few folk a bit of slack if results tail off a bit. Tailing off is probably to be expected and accepted, just as long as they don't drop off a cliff.

Is Ross yet to beat any of the Old Firm as Hibs manager? Hopefully we can change that tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    So where are we hiding the replacement for the injured Doidge ? More importantly, why aren't we playing him?

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Is Ross yet to beat any of the Old Firm as Hibs manager? Hopefully we can change that tomorrow.
    Yes we haven't beaten either of them since 2018.

Left by mutual consent!
    Mess em up.

We'll be backing the Green Boys all day long

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Just bought it and feel a bit dirty again.
    Hesgoals for free wouldn't give them a penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    Provided KM is fit I wouldn't start Allan which is harsh due to his form. I think the bigots will try to get a lead early and see the game out as they won't fancy themselves in the last half hour due to fatigue from the Prague game.

Bring Scotty on for the last half hour/20mins when they're tiring.
    I feel if we get to the last 20 mins and are drawing or winning then it's about maintenance and Allan is never the right player (in JRs mind) for that

Hence his lack of appearances off the bench.

I'd play him from the start. His form has been good and he can be the one not afraid to try things. If you want to beat the best in the league then you need that

(I think hell be on the bench though, could well bring Gogic in )

Rangers will no doubt have there best performance of the season while the ref has his worst. Just Hibs luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    So where are we hiding the replacement for the injured Doidge ? More importantly, why aren't we playing him?
    We’ve been playing 1 up top on a 4231 formation. Jack’s fav formation.

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Rangers will no doubt have there best performance of the season while the ref has his worst. Just Hibs luck!

Hibs are currently the side that benefits from dodgy penalties, so the Ref is going to be torn today.

Maybe he'll give one to each side.

Relaxed about today. We're a good side. Not going to make any wild predictions but I'm quietly confident. The players should be as well.