hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: Joe Cole

  1. #1
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    462

    Joe Cole

    According to him Chelsea are the best team in the world off the ball and Jack Grealish is the best in the world at cutting inside and having a shot at goal, slaver.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Not sure about his assessment of Grealish but Chelsea are a top, top side.


    They will go very close in the CL again and a large part of that is their discipline and workrate when they don't have the ball.

  4. #3
    Coaching Staff Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    7,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to him Chelsea are the best team in the world off the ball and Jack Grealish is the best in the world at cutting inside and having a shot at goal, slaver.
    If a team wins the Champions League they've got a very good shout of being the best team in the world.

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Fife
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,022
    Chelsea are pretty good tbh.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to him Chelsea are the best team in the world off the ball and Jack Grealish is the best in the world at cutting inside and having a shot at goal, slaver.
    Not far away with the Chelsea shout tbf

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    15,379
    Agree about Chelsea more than decent

    Still cannae believe Grealish is worth 100m but good luck to the guy

  8. #7
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    462
    Not disputing that Chelsea are a top team.

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    18,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chelsea are pretty good tbh.
    Think they will win the league this season.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16


  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to him Chelsea are the best team in the world off the ball and Jack Grealish is the best in the world at cutting inside and having a shot at goal, slaver.
    Chelsea are magnificent.

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,162
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Grealish is a good player, but I donít think heís any better than Mahrez or Sterling.

    Joe Cole is a slaver. Like Merson.

  12. #11
    Heís obviously never watched Rangers. Typical English..

  13. #12
    Testimonial Due BegbieHSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,613
    Grealish 😂😂😂. What on earth?

    Chelsea are a top, top side - probably the best in England, but Iíd like to see them test themselves against PSG or Bayern, who for me going by players, are the top two in the world right now. Have Chelsea improved considerably from the team who lost 7-1 on aggregate against Bayern 13 months ago? Dunno about that

  14. #13

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member HH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    10,830
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nhc.
    Unless you thought we were signing Joe Cole it was always going to be 😁.
    Cougars!!!

  16. #15
    Testimonial Due Silky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Porty
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,600
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudsquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    nhc.
    hnc

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,464
    He suffers from premiershipisthebestleagueintheworld syndrome. If a player is the best in the premiership he must be the best in the world. Many pundits suffer from this affliction.

    United we stand here....

  18. #17
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Edinburgh
    Posts
    13,184
    I rather agree with Joe Cole! Not sure about Grealish mind.

  19. #18
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to him Chelsea are the best team in the world off the ball and Jack Grealish is the best in the world at cutting inside and having a shot at goal, slaver.
    He does have a point though. Chelsea won the Champions s League and beat Man City every time they play them.

  20. #19
    Testimonial Due A Hi-Bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The wrong side of the track
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heís obviously never watched Rangers. Typical English..
    Wit, never heard of this team, do you mean Queens Park Rangers, no team of that name.
    He is correct about Chelski, whose owner just keeps getting richer with every passing day that gas prices rocket.

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,162
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He does have a point though. Chelsea won the Champions s League and beat Man City every time they play them.
    Chelsea have been **** today. Just getting players behind the ball. As if theyíre playing for a point, theyíre at home.

  22. #21
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    27,979
    It only matters how good they are in May. They have all the advantages of oligarchic billionaire owner who stole his countries assets for himself, two (or three in some cases) excellent players in each position and a top coach, so it would be odd if they werenít a contender.

    Bayern havenít got the money and the depth of squad, so PSG Man City and Chelsea will continue to have an advantage over the others until FFP closes its loopholes. Plucky underdogs like Liverpool or Man Utd will occasionally be there or thereabouts too. I love watching the standard of football in the champions league but it only gets interesting for me when a proper underdog like Ajax or Lyon breaks through to the semi finals. Too predictable.

  23. #22
    Coaching Staff Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    7,179
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It only matters how good they are in May. They have all the advantages of oligarchic billionaire owner who stole his countries assets for himself, two (or three in some cases) excellent players in each position and a top coach, so it would be odd if they werenít a contender.

    Bayern havenít got the money and the depth of squad, so PSG Man City and Chelsea will continue to have an advantage over the others until FFP closes its loopholes. Plucky underdogs like Liverpool or Man Utd will occasionally be there or thereabouts too. I love watching the standard of football in the champions league but it only gets interesting for me when a proper underdog like Ajax or Lyon breaks through to the semi finals. Too predictable.
    Bayern have pretty much a monopoly on German football. No club in a major European league has dominated their domestic league as much as Bayern or cherry picked the best players in the league as much as them.

    The way they have got to that position is definitely more admirable than city ect tho. Although, they have fans all over Germany that adds to their power similar to the Old Firm.

  24. #23
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It only matters how good they are in May. They have all the advantages of oligarchic billionaire owner who stole his countries assets for himself, two (or three in some cases) excellent players in each position and a top coach, so it would be odd if they werenít a contender.

    Bayern havenít got the money and the depth of squad, so PSG Man City and Chelsea will continue to have an advantage over the others until FFP closes its loopholes. Plucky underdogs like Liverpool or Man Utd will occasionally be there or thereabouts too. I love watching the standard of football in the champions league but it only gets interesting for me when a proper underdog like Ajax or Lyon breaks through to the semi finals. Too predictable.
    Plucky underdogs, Liverpool and Man United?

  25. #24
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    462
    World off the ball champions outplayed off the ball and on the ball by City.

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    19,650
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nhc.

    Main forum is for discussing Hibs and football in general no?

  27. #26
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    41,609
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Main forum is for discussing Hibs and football in general no?

    NHC :) at very least on the non-hibs games thread,


    p.s. who is joe cole anyway

  28. #27
    Coaching Staff jgl07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Merchiston
    Posts
    7,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He does have a point though. Chelsea won the Champions s League and beat Man City every time they play them.
    Apart from their last two matches at home to City?

    That comment is almost as stupid as that from Joe Cole in the first place.

  29. #28
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apart from their last two matches at home to City?

    That comment is almost as stupid as that from Joe Cole in the first place.
    Surely you get the jist of Joe Coles point and can't deny Chelsea have a very decent record against Man City.
    FA Cup Semi Final. Champions League Final. Big games.

  30. #29
    @hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    3,546
    Though I disagree with him I probably build Hibs players and teams up in my eyes and when speaking to others as he does with English talent so I can't be too critical. Time will tell if he's way off or not, though there is always an element of personal opinion when talking about "the best", just look at the continued Messi vs Ronaldo conversations (though we all know the answer is Scott Allan).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)