hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

West Stand Upper Kiosk’s

Why are the West Upper Kiosk’s still out of operation?

Adding to queue numbers and putting pressure on the limited kiosks available is falling way short of facility provision for fans. Particularly a few games now into season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Adding to queue numbers and putting pressure on the limited kiosks available is falling way short of facility provision for fans. Particularly a few games now into season.
    Probably not enough staff. They are struggling to fully staff the ones that are already open.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

Replace your question with 'why are the shelves emptier than normal', 'why are there massive queues at petrol stations', 'why is it taking longer to get drinks in a boozer' and the answer is the same.

The labour market is f*%ked.

Brexit.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Ff upper only 1 kiosk open

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Probably not enough staff. They are struggling to fully staff the ones that are already open.
    I can’t believe they’re struggling so much. The pay is really quite decent for a 16/17 year old.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I can’t believe they’re struggling so much. The pay is really quite decent for a 16/17 year old.
    Given some of the feedback on here about the staff and kiosks why would they be keen to expose themselves to that environment?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibstag View Post
    Given some of the feedback on here about the staff and kiosks why would they be keen to expose themselves to that environment?
    Because it’s a job and it would give them money?

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Because it’s a job and it would give them money?
    But is it enough money to make it worth having folks having a go at you because of a long queue because of a shortage of staff or because you've just run out of pies?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    But is it enough money to make it worth having folks having a go at you because of a long queue because of a shortage of staff or because you've just run out of pies?
    For your first job, for a Couple of hours every other Saturday? Yes!

We’re talking about someone’s first job, most people have done a ***** job at times, particularly when just starting out.

If it was my boy and he didn’t have a job but he said he didn’t want that as it was too much hassle I’d boot him up the arse.

Kids that age used to get sent down mines 😂. Anyone who can’t handle a nippy customer needs to get a grip of themselves.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

We’re talking about someone’s first job, most people have done a ***** job at times, particularly when just starting out.

If it was my boy and he didn’t have a job but he said he didn’t want that as it was too much hassle I’d boot him up the arse.

Kids that age used to get sent down mines 😂. Anyone who can’t handle a nippy customer needs to get a grip of themselves.
    What a load of pish. No one is going to be happy taking grief for that money. I’d be very surprised if you would want your boy working in a kiosk at Easter Road even if he didn’t have a job.
    Id like to say that for all the negativity surrounding the kiosks I’ve always found the young guys working to be very polite and helpful despite the difficulties they’re facing.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    What a load of pish. No one is going to be happy taking grief for that money. I’d be very surprised if you would want your boy working in a kiosk at Easter Road even if he didn’t have a job.
    Id like to say that for all the negativity surrounding the kiosks I’ve always found the young guys working to be very polite and helpful despite the difficulties they’re facing.
    Loads of kids have to start work in retail and customer service and have to deal with ********s every day. I know I did.

This isn’t even every day, it’s once a fortnight.

I’m sorry, but if you’ve not got a job elsewhere, need a bit extra cash and you turn your nose up at a job like this as you don’t want a wee bit grief off the occasional idiot then you need you’re head read.

We’re not talking danger money here, you’re probably going to have a few people tops huffing and puffing as everyone just wants to get back to their seat.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i'm sure i read an article that the club were paying living wage of £9.50/hour very decent

Kids that age used to get sent down mines ��. Anyone who can’t handle a nippy customer needs to get a grip of themselves.

I briefly worked in the Wimpy Bar on Princes St when I was 18. When I got abuse from customers, I just gave them abuse back.

I don't suppose you'd get away with that nowadays :-)
    Last edited by Keith_M; 26-09-2021 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i'm sure i read an article that the club were paying living wage of £9.50/hour very decent
    They still can’t get enough staff though, in common with the rest of the hospitality industry. The pay rate will be improved.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    They still can’t get enough staff though, in common with the rest of the hospitality industry. The pay rate will be improved.

i was just reading online it gets reviewed in Nov in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I briefly worked in the Wimpy Bar on Princes St when I was 18. When I got abuse from customers, I just gave them abuse back.

I'd rather have abuse back than god knows what put in my burger (not that I would dish out abuse in the 1st place).

Loads of kids have to start work in retail and customer service and have to deal with ********s every day. I know I did.

I’m sorry, but if you’ve not got a job elsewhere, need a bit extra cash and you turn your nose up at a job like this as you don’t want a wee bit grief off the occasional idiot then you need you’re head read.

We’re not talking danger money here, you’re probably going to have a few people tops huffing and puffing as everyone just wants to get back to their seat.
    The world is a different place now. Not always for the better unfortunately. The “when I were a lad” tales don’t tend to wash with the youth of today.

Oh, and you can’t boot your boy up the arse now either 😉

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

The kids working in the kiosks aren’t starting out, they’re students. I had to wait today after there was a problem with the juice. I listened to them talking and all they spoke about was what course they were doing. You’re laddie won’t be working behind the counter and it’s disingenuous to say you’d be happy for him to do so.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    Furlough ending in a few days won’t do any harm. No more getting paid to sit at home for folk (or as a few I know are doing, get paid Furlough for one job whilst getting paid cash in had at another)

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    Furlough ending in a few days won’t do any harm. No more getting paid to sit at home for folk (or as a few I know are doing, get paid Furlough for one job whilst getting paid cash in had at another)
    A lot of people making a pretty penny the last year and a half doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    Fairly sure you were allowed a second job while getting paid furlough unless it changed? Was never furloughed so not looked into it that much but sure I heard them discussing this at their many briefings.

@hibs.net private member
    I thought they were getting 80% of their salary? With the adddd worry there might not be a job to go back to.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

Worked there for a few years from age 16 and customer abuse was almost daily. Brilliant job as a teenager, £1.56 p/hr.

Guildford arms or Penny Black after every shift, 92p per pint. Loved it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Assume they were making 125% of a pretty penny beforehand.

@hibs.net private member

It's not a couple of hours every other Saturday though. Unless you think the pies cook themselves and the elves come in to clean? It also means they cant take other work as they have to be free for home games which can get switched at fairly short notice. The rest of the time they are earning nothing.

As for the abuse, try working in the away stand when the huns are in town. My boy had to close down the whole thing at his place as they were kicking off big time and stealing what they could. They couldn't staff it for Rangers games after that.

Have to say, I fair enjoyed my tea and Hibs doughnut from the East kiosk today.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Fairly sure you were allowed a second job while getting paid furlough unless it changed? Was never furloughed so not looked into it that much but sure I heard them discussing this at their many briefings.
    You couldn't do any work for your own employer when on furlough (although you could do training) but there was nothing to stop you taking another job whilst on furlough.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    You couldn't do any work for your own employer when on furlough (although you could do training) but there was nothing to stop you taking another job whilst on furlough.
    There wasn't but it'd be taxed as a second job.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Worked there for a few years from age 16 and customer abuse was almost daily. Brilliant job as a teenager, £1.56 p/hr.

Guildford arms or Penny Black after every shift, 92p per pint. Loved it.

Did they ever make you dress up in the Mr Wimpy costume for a kids party?

I only had to do it once and the wee buggers kicked my legs black and blue!