hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im a facilities manager so believe me i know what they are wanting
    Fair enough. Do you know anyone with these qualifications who gets paid that amount?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or not. I'm not trying to argue about this or kick off.
    You pick an argument with everyone else when ANYTHING doesn’t suit your opinion and then go relentlessly full throttle in an attempt to grind them down into submission so why stop here?
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    You pick an argument with everyone else when ANYTHING doesn’t suit your opinion and then go relentlessly full throttle in an attempt to grind them down into submission so why stop here?
    Oh bore off. Or keep it on topic. Your choice. I've not done anything like you are describing. I've posted some facts about the situation. Its pretty clear to anyone who bothers to look these things up that Hibs are well underpaying for this position. Don't know why that is so hard to accept for some.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Fair enough. Do you know anyone with these qualifications who gets paid that amount?
    We tend to get contractors in for working at height jobs but the other qualifications yes i do, look at what an nhs sparky needs to be qualified in to get a job and have no issues employing staff

We tend to get contractors in for working at height jobs but the other qualifications yes i do, look at what an nhs sparky needs to be qualified in to get a job and have no issues employing staff
    Have to say, that is mental if true. But fair enough, I cant prove you wrong. Assume they are all older guys? Cant imagine many new sparks want to work years with a bigish company, get their time out, get all the qualifications through that company and then drop back to 4th year apprentice wages.

Oh bore off. Or keep it on topic. Your choice. I've not done anything like you are describing. I've posted some facts about the situation. Its pretty clear to anyone who bothers to look these things up that Hibs are well underpaying for this position. Don't know why that is so hard to accept for some.
    Who cares, is this not a freedom of choice thing unless a closed shop union job? It's Hibs business is it not, and as others have said sure they will fill the positions one way or the other, its just a sparky's job.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Who cares, is this not a freedom of choice thing unless a closed shop union job? It's Hibs business is it not, and as others have said sure they will fill the positions one way or the other, its just a sparky's job.
    Of course, I've already said there is a good chance they will fill it. They might need to up the wage a bit, or lower the expectations, but they'll fill it. Again, simply filling a position is different from offering the going rate for it.

Have to say, that is mental if true. But fair enough, I cant prove you wrong. Assume they are all older guys? Cant imagine many new sparks want to work years with a bigish company, get their time out, get all the qualifications through that company and then drop back to 4th year apprentice wages.

Depends what we are calling older, we have quite a few guys under 40, gets them a fair bit of experience, they get on call money, weekends etc so adds up

Depends what we are calling older, we have quite a few guys under 40, gets them a fair bit of experience, they get on call money, weekends etc so adds up
    Hang on. So there is overtime and on call money? So basically, they're on a lot more than 24k?

Good luck to anyone on here who goes for any of the jobs advertised

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I see that the Rangers away league match is being beamed back to Easter Road on the new screens. Well done the Big Ron. 😁👍
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Hang on. So there is overtime and on call money? So basically, they're on a lot more than 24k?
    Only if they go on call(not a huge amount of money for the week, its about £180 if memory serves) so no not on a lot more than their basic, im guessing hibs will require them to be on call as well

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Does anyone know if the catering staff at half time get paid the same as the guy who sells burgers at music festivals from a van?

If we’re paying less, I’m going to be raging.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Does anyone know if the catering staff at half time get paid the same as the guy who sells burgers at music festivals from a van?

I actually done this years ago, was selling pizzas at t in the park, we made a cracking amount for the weekend

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

They get £9.50 an hour or £11 if supervising from what I remember. That is more than someone working in McDonalds. Judging by how few there are that still isn't enough to attract staff. The infrastructure behind the club is something supporters should care about. Floodlight failure, sub standard pitches etc. My concern is that I want the club I love to be a good employer. I want to be proud of everything the club does and while I have no issue with trying to get supporters in to get seats screwed into place I want the permanent employees paid well and treated well
    Last edited by wookie70; 25-09-2021 at 10:41 AM.

These jobs will appeal to people for all kinds of reasons, and whoever the succesful applicants are will be happy to have landed the jobs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Quick search online shows hourly rates from £12 - £20 available with salaried positions ranging from £24 - £45k for electricians.

Digital sales exec roles from £18k upwards.

Sports journalist £22 - £27k

We’ve not just picked numbers out the sky.
    Not doubting your source but a labour gets £12 ph CiS/Umbrella with an agency. I’d be surprised at any sparkie

Joiner/spark - £20-25 ph.

If there are sparkies that are 18th Edition and working for £12 an hour, they won’t be up to much.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    Not doubting your source but a labour gets £12 ph CiS/Umbrella with an agency. I’d be surprised at any sparkie

Joiner/spark - £20-25 ph.

If there are sparkies that are 18th Edition and working for £12 an hour, they won’t be up to much.
    I'm not sure, but I imagine that you would have to be self employed or agency work and have to pay full NI contributions which will be why they are paid more. As an employee you'll be paying less contributions, reflected in the salary.

Totally off the top of my head.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I'm not sure, but I imagine that you would have to be self employed or agency work and have to pay full NI contributions which will be why they are paid more. As an employee you'll be paying less contributions, reflected in the salary.

Totally off the top of my head.
    Even so, at £25 ph on a minimum 37.5hr contract, that’s circa £50k pa. Even with your NI conts/tax liability/van/tools etc, your still walking out with a chunk more than £24k pa.

I hope the club find someone but it’s not an attractive proposition to a tradesman.

An approved Electrician with no 2391, no Pasma, no IPAF should be getting £15.61 an hour shop rate. And £17 odds travel rate per hour.

Throw in all the extra qualifications and training Hibs are asking for and it’s not even up for debate that they are way out with the salary.

It’s not even close.

If they manage to fill the role then fair play but show me guys with all those qualifications and experience willing to work for 24k a year and I’ll take 2 of them on today.

They’re just not out there in Edinburgh, especially with jobs like St James where labourers are making more than 24k.

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    An approved Electrician with no 2391, no Pasma, no IPAF should be getting £15.61 an hour shop rate. And £17 odds travel rate per hour.

Throw in all the extra qualifications and training Hibs are asking for and it’s not even up for debate that they are way out with the salary.

It’s not even close.

If they manage to fill the role then fair play but show me guys with all those qualifications and experience willing to work for 24k a year and I’ll take 2 of them on today.

They’re just not out there in Edinburgh, especially with jobs like St James where labourers are making more than 24k.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post

It’s not even close.

And the sparks would have to work past 2.30 most days for Hibs which is unheard of... 🤣

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    I wonder if the right candidate would be able to negotiate a salary of their requirements. Like most jobs these days

Nae wonder McCrorie signed for Aberdeen
    Laddie thought it was £24k a month we were offering and was about to sign when he realised it was per year!

At the beginning this thread was quite enlightening, but now it's getting on my globes.

@hibs.net private member
    Seen dozens that work for the uni, historic Scotland and Parliament on similar to what hibs are offering. It'll be topped up by overtime, call out ect. The reason they except lower wages is for quality of life.

At the uni they are in back of 8 home before 3, relaxed day never pushed just fixing light's ect, 8 weeks full pay holiday that you need to add in self employed don't get, pension and taxes sorted for you, no finding jobs or dealing with customers really. The saying at historic Scotland from a plumber I knew was I get paid a lot for what I actually do.

They all could go on their own and make much more, but are happy in life. Half day Friday don't think about work until Monday

Quote Originally Posted by seanshow View Post
    At the beginning this thread was quite enlightening, but now it's getting on my globes.
    Onwards and Upwards

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Seen dozens that work for the uni, historic Scotland and Parliament on similar to what hibs are offering. It'll be topped up by overtime, call out ect. The reason they except lower wages is for quality of life.

At the uni they are in back of 8 home before 3, relaxed day never pushed just fixing light's ect, 8 weeks full pay holiday that you need to add in self employed don't get, pension and taxes sorted for you, no finding jobs or dealing with customers really. The saying at historic Scotland from a plumber I knew was I get paid a lot for what I actually do.

They all could go on their own and make much more, but are happy in life. Half day Friday don't think about work until Monday
    Under 6 weeks holiday from Hibs and a pension that will not be as good as the Civil Service. Not one positive remark I can see on twitter either. There is also no guarantee that the job will allow hours anything less than what is contracted and given it is an American employer they might expect more for no extra pay.

As they say these days the "Optics" don't look great

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Under 6 weeks holiday from Hibs and a pension that will not be as good as the Civil Service. Not one positive remark I can see on twitter either. There is also no guarantee that the job will allow hours anything less than what is contracted and given it is an American employer they might expect more for no extra pay.

What? Hibs are an American employer now?

And Twitter is now the barometer of choice?

And the optics are just fine. There’s a job available at a prescribed wage that anyone can freely apply for or not, at their own volition.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post

Huh?

Think of all the American employers in the UK, thousands of companies, millions of employees. Their staff get paid the same as everyone else in the workplace!!

What an utterly bizarre take on things.

Why should Hibs offer a pension equal to the civil service? Why did you pick that to go by? There's very few companies offer final salary pensions these days, especially to new members.

Nest is fine as a Workplace pension. I get 20 days holidays plus 9 public days.

Don't see any problem with what Hibs are doing here.