hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar

Ron Gordon on the Hibees Buzz

TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

2. Log in to remove the advert

What a guy - Hibs are in good hands and he’s spent several months in Edinburgh so is fully invested improving the club.

Some owners are never seen but he’s quite the opposite and a very approachable guy.

No co-incidence we are doing well on the pitch with the consistent backing off it.

Hopefully the fans keep coming to ER and the team gets the crowds they deserve.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Was another good watch. Can't help but feel excited when I hear Ron Gordon talk about the club and his plans for the future!

Just listening to the interview now. Ron is a breath of fresh air to this club. He clearly knows his stuff and wants to use his knowledge and experience to evolve the club as best he can.

The development of the club on and off the pitch (big screens, women's team, communications, getting the likes of Angus Scott on board) over the last couple of years, especially during a global pandemic, is heartening to see

Quote Originally Posted by GRA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just listening to the interview now. Ron is a breath of fresh air to this club. He clearly knows his stuff and wants to use his knowledge and experience to evolve the club as best he can.

The development of the club on and off the pitch (big screens, women's team, communications, getting the likes of Angus Scott on board) over the last couple of years, especially during a global pandemic, is heartening to see

Don’t know much about Angus Scott to be honest. Was there a Hibs connection with him before he started on the Hibee Buzz?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Don’t know much about Angus Scott to be honest. Was there a Hibs connection with him before he started on the Hibee Buzz?
    He actually says in this episode that he is new to Hibs.

I think he's really good. His chat with RG was just dead natural instead of interview style questions.

RG continues to impress massively. Love the guy.

No connection to Hibs but he is a high profile broadcaster and along with the CEO won't have come cheaply.

However, watching that piece the impression is that Hibs and RG have their fingers on the pulse and everything they are doing makes sense.
    Can't see Deloittes coming up with anything we haven't heard before but obviously it will be updated for the times.
    Liked Ron's lines about chasing bigger brands with the hook that football is so important to Scottish people that brands operating in Scotland need to have a presence in the game here. Could get a couple of good wins with that.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 24-09-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Don't think there was any Hibs connection. He was really big on ITV back in the early to mid 2000s. Remember him doing a lot of football, rugby and F1 coverage about that time.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He was the most surprising thing of the whole interview. He was massive in the noughties with ITV and Setanta before begging off to the Middle East with BEin Sports. His brother is Steve Scott who's the Sports editor for ITN

Every single interview he’s given his he took over the club has impressed me. Honest and upfront and makes no mistake about what his vision is for Hibs and where he wants us to go as a club. We’re in good hands with Ron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the difference with Ron Gordon is he wants to increase revenue to make more money and therefore buy better players which will hopefully lead to success. Often where new owners fail is they pump money in to buy better players in the hope it will buy success and see increased revenue through that. Often the second approach falls flat on its face when the players they buy aren't actually that much better.

We are going about this the right away but if done correctly it won't be an overnight thing but consistent growth is what we are looking for. Ron has the cash to buy decent players right now but long term its not the way to do things imo.

First Team Breakthrough calamitus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: marmite machine
    Great video. Really impressive knowledge of the players and good understanding of what's going on. Seems to have a plan, and an appreciation of what we have going for us. I may have been imagining it, but I thought he seemed a little lukewarm to JR.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by calamitus View Post
    Great video. Really impressive knowledge of the players and good understanding of what's going on. Seems to have a plan, and an appreciation of what we have going for us. I may have been imagining it, but I thought he seemed a little lukewarm to JR.
    I actually thought the opposite. Seemed to really big up JR. Think he probably has the safest job in Scotland right now and rightly so.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    I actually thought the opposite. Seemed to really big up JR. Think he probably has the safest job in Scotland right now and rightly so.

I got the same feeling, have to say Ron has been a revelation , he genuinely wants what’s best for Hibs I feel and seems to be making the back room side as professional as those on the park

His enthusiasm is so infectious and you can just feel his love for not only the club but the city and country shine through. We are in very capable hands and I feel really optimistic for our future growth, success and development. Loved his line about being a steward of the club. Think he used it in another interview not long after he arrived and I feel it gives you a sense of the stature of the man.