hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Solid first 45

Hybrid View

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar

Solid first 45

First half i thought we were pretty decent. i was screaming in my head for Scotty to be taken off and felt a tad stupid when he scored a screamer.
    I'd have still hooked him at 60 mins as JR did anyway.

Thought our second half was really poor. Still though we have another trip to Hampden

Game was over at HT really. Dundee United had no option but to chuck the kitchen sink at it. A fantastic away win at a difficult venue.

Dont think we were really poor. Yes we should not be sitting waiting in banks at our 18 yards line, but DUFC totally went for it and by that meant they were always going to get a bit of pressure. Whats a bit more pleasing is that our game management was slightly better and after an initial storm looked reasonably comfortable for the win albeit under some pressure

Quote Originally Posted by one day maybe... View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First half i thought we were pretty decent. i was screaming in my head for Scotty to be taken off and felt a tad stupid when he scored a screamer.
    I'd have still hooked him at 60 mins as JR did anyway.

Thought our second half was really poor. Still though we have another trip to Hampden

I was thinking the same, nothing booking and a couple of soft fouls after I was expecting a red card at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    I was thinking the same, nothing booking and a couple of soft fouls after I was expecting a red card at some point.
    Collum pointed to about four places on the pitch. I checked the BBC live text and it was Allan's second foul. A couple of minutes later he got cleaned out by a Dundee United player to prevent us breaking and Collum only gave it as a foul, no booking.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Collum pointed to about four places on the pitch. I checked the BBC live text and it was Allan's second foul. A couple of minutes later he got cleaned out by a Dundee United player to prevent us breaking and Collum only gave it as a foul, no booking.
    It was never a booking neither was Boyle's he won the ball.

Why would anyone be screaming for a player to be subbed after 35 minutes, unless he was really having a disaster?

He's had 1 red in his career, don't think he was getting sent off.