hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Said poster is having a pop at good hibs fans who just happen to see things a bit differently to himself. Couldn't care less if he's normally balanced, his post is a rotten one.
    His post summarises how many people on this forum feel about your unrelenting negativity.

So how about that list?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    It's just daft to include a high proportion of penalties scored as proof of someone being prolific as a lone striker.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    All you've shown is confirmation bias is alive and well here on hibs.net again
    Ramirez isn’t any better than Nisbet as a lone striker. Boyce has more goals but these are all penalties and absolutely nothing to do with being an effective lone striker, which is the discussion. If you want to argue Boyce is a better penalty taker then it’s fair and history shows he’s better than Nisbet. On overall play, open play goals and being part of the team they are pretty similar.

Please give your reasons for why Ramirez and Boyce are any better instead of lashing out when folk challenge your opinion.

Quite amazing we always have the same posters spouting unfounded positivity at all times.

We have no players with attitude problems, no players out of form and the club can do no wrong ever. You just have to question why these posters come on here to share such an unbalanced positive view all the time. It makes the atmosphere on this board feel very one sided and renders anyone with the opposite view a yam in their eyes.
    One thing you cannot accuse me of is being a happy clapper constant positivity, I have 3 of them on ignore because they grind you down during a debate. I'll call a spade a spade when and where necessary, I'm still not a big fan of Doidge but I have to agree that he works his socks off for us and when he goes on a goal spree he scores for fun. I said on the match thread that we played very well 1st half at United but were stinking in the 2d, I acknowledged United had a real go at us as expected but our game management was very poor in that half.

What annoys me is the complete opposites, either everything is great and wonderful with nothing wrong or we are woeful with every player pish and the manager has no clue, there needs to be a middle ground. We won 3-1 on Thursday and although the 2nd half wasn't great it was fairly comfortable in the end, it should've been a positive thread about the game but in come certain posters and go on about threadbare squad, Nisbet hasn't scored and has attitude problems etc etc.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Said poster is having a pop at good hibs fans who just happen to see things a bit differently to himself. Couldn't care less if he's normally balanced, his post is a rotten one.
    It’s maybe a bit of prejudice being directed at posters who want to sour every thread at any opportunity. You know the ones, like the guy who claimed Hibs were exploiting fans good will by asking them to volunteer at the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Ramirez isn’t any better than Nisbet as a lone striker. Boyce has more goals but these are all penalties and absolutely nothing to do with being an effective lone striker, which is the discussion. If you want to argue Boyce is a better penalty taker then it’s fair and history shows he’s better than Nisbet. On overall play, open play goals and being part of the team they are pretty similar.

Please give your reasons for why Ramirez and Boyce are any better instead of lashing out when folk challenge your opinion.
    Both are far more effective lone strikers without the goals, but both are outscoring Kevin this season. And one is playing in an struggling side.

So are penalties allowed to be counted or not? Nisbet's tally without them is quite grim reading.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    It always seems a get out clause when players are going through a rough patch, instead of saying he's trying hard but nothing's working for him, lets just say he's a non trier with an attitude.
    Wouldn’t go as far as to say he’s not trying but I do think he could do more. He can work harder, make more runs etc.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Both are far more effective lone strikers without the goals, but both are outscoring Kevin this season. And one is playing in an struggling side.

So are penalties allowed to be counted or not? Nisbet's tally without them is quite grim reading.
    I’d argue Nisbet is on a level with both players without the ball when discussing the role of a lone striker. Maybe even better.

Depends what you want to discuss? Goal records? Chuck the penalties in. Want to discuss how effective he is compared to Boyce as a lone striker? Absolutely no relevance whatsoever.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    There is nothing about your posts on here that suggest you want anything positive for Hibs,. You aren’t as obvious as others have been , but how you are getting away with it is beyond me.

It’s a major turnoff to any thread you participate in
    Absolute nonsense, read my posts properly. Questioning one of our more important players attitude and work rate is now regarded as trolling. Unbelievable.

It's actually posts like yours that put people off posting on .net and that's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Absolute nonsense, read my posts properly. Questioning one of our more important players attitude and work rate is now regarded as trolling. Unbelievable.

It's actually posts like yours that put people off posting on .net and that's a fact.
    Making up facts doesn’t help your argument.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quite amazing we always have the same posters spouting unfounded positivity at all times.

We have no players with attitude problems, no players out of form and the club can do no wrong ever. You just have to question why these posters come on here to share such an unbalanced positive view all the time. It makes the atmosphere on this board feel very one sided and renders anyone with the opposite view a yam in their eyes.
    Nisbet doesn’t have an attitude problem.

Who is saying Nisbet is on form? Nobody! Nobody is saying Nisbet isn’t out of form. Another one of your points that has no basis, but you keep pushing it. Gie it up.

It’s tiring.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Agreed. Never has anything positive to say about the club, like you I'm baffled how they are getting away with the blatant trolling.
    Challenging the club to do things better is now deemed constant negativity. We are in a very competitive league this season and need to perform, and yes Jack Ross for a lot of people still does have to deliver results in the bigger games. We are doing well but we are so close to being at a level we haven't seen since the 70s. Surely we don't just settle for 3rd and the odd semi final? I want more than that and that's a negative?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Making up facts doesn’t help your argument.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kevin-nisbet/leistungsdaten/spieler/360661

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    What annoys me is the complete opposites, either everything is great and wonderful with nothing wrong or we are woeful with every player pish and the manager has no clue, there needs to be a middle ground.
    That’s the internet for a lot of folk nowadays unfortunately, there’s no middle ground.

Do you have any idea how boring and tiresome your posts are to read.. give it up ah and cheer up

Gamer IDs

Challenging the club to do things better is now deemed constant negativity. We are in a very competitive league this season and need to perform, and yes Jack Ross for a lot of people still does have to deliver results in the bigger games. We are doing well but we are so close to being at a level we haven't seen since the 70s. Surely we don't just settle for 3rd and the odd semi final? I want more than that and that's a negative?
    It is being negative if you never acknowledge the positive.

You say we’re close to being at a level we haven’t seen since the 70s, but that’s as close to any praise I think I’ve seen you post about Hibs.

Clearly we should never be content, and should strive to improve further, but if you genuinely think we’re doing well as a club just now, maybe enjoy that a little, rather than nitpicking what can be better?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kevin-nisbet/leistungsdaten/spieler/360661
    "It's actually posts like yours that put people off posting on .net and that's a fact."

That's yiur "fact" to which I'm referring.

Which part of Allan’s goal v Utd shows a Nisbet that is huffy or not giving g everything for the club. Once someone can point it out ill happily have a debate. Until then it’s just the usual suspects spouting rubbish for effect.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    That’s the internet for a lot of folk nowadays unfortunately, there’s no middle ground.
    Most people are somewhere in the middle most of the time actually.

I do think there’s a small number of posters who are acting something out with their constant negativity. They might just be like that in life or they might be playing a very long wind up game. They are playing a role and having to live up to it with everything they say.

I don’t see much over positivity at all. Not sure I’ve seen anyone who thinks we can’t be doing things better right across the club.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

I do think there’s a small number of posters who are acting something out with their constant negativity. They might just be like that in life or they might be playing a very long wind up game. They are playing a role and having to live up to it with everything they say.

I don’t see much over positivity at all. Not sure I’ve seen anyone who thinks we can’t be doing things better right across the club.
    I do think negative is the wrong word. Cynical is probably a better description.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Which part of Allan’s goal v Utd shows a Nisbet that is huffy or not giving g everything for the club. Once someone can point it out ill happily have a debate. Until then it’s just the usual suspects spouting rubbish for effect.
    TBF Nisbet is usually one of the first to congratulate a goalscorer and the first to jump in when a pagger breaks oot involving one of his teammates

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

I agree that the majority are fine, I didn’t say most, I just said a lot of people nowadays.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    "It's actually posts like yours that put people off posting on .net and that's a fact."

That's yiur "fact" to which I'm referring.
    OK.

@hibs.net private member

I didn’t realise Robbie Neilson had a .net account …

AH please take this in the spirit it’s intended. The constant looking for the problems, cynical, negative viewpoint is really not healthy for you away from the forum. There is nothing wrong with pointing out issues when they appear but to constantly have 80% of your posts being negative is really not the way to go. Eventually that way of thinking drips into real life and that’s not the way to happiness. Just enjoy the good stuff now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Wouldn’t go as far as to say he’s not trying but I do think he could do more. He can work harder, make more runs etc.
    I’m not so sure about this, as I think he needs to hold his position a bit more in this formation ie - when he goes gallivanting his absence where he’s meant to be becomes very obvious very quickly.

It’s not an effort or work rate thing for me. He just looks a bit easy to play against at times, touch a bit off. If you stay tight to him he doesn’t do much.

He’s mainly a finisher for me, and we’ve not been creating much for him other than half chances.

At least he’s still jumping for headers etc but a lot of that is trying to get on the end of punts with no support, pretty easy stuff for defenders.

I don’t think he’s playing well but I don’t think effort is any issue. He’s probably let down by the fact that his natural body language is a bit moany so he draws attention to himself when thinks aren’t going his way.

Challenging to do better? We were 3rd last season by a clear 7 points, we reached semi and finals of the cups and yesterday we were sitting joint 2nd 1 point off Rangers and into another cup semi final. Tell me how is this not challenging? You're at it big time and just trolling now.

Left by mutual consent!
    I can assure you I'm not trolling. Just want the club to keep moving forward.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I’m not so sure about this, as I think he needs to hold his position a bit more in this formation ie - when he goes gallivanting his absence where he’s meant to be becomes very obvious very quickly.

It’s not an effort or work rate thing for me. He just looks a bit easy to play against at times, touch a bit off. If you stay tight to him he doesn’t do much.

He’s mainly a finisher for me, and we’ve not been creating much for him other than half chances.

At least he’s still jumping for headers etc but a lot of that is trying to get on the end of punts with no support, pretty easy stuff for defenders.

I don’t think he’s playing well but I don’t think effort is any issue. He’s probably let down by the fact that his natural body language is a bit moany so he draws attention to himself when thinks aren’t going his way.
    If you look at his last goal it was from making a run in behind. I don’t think he’s doing enough of that. He wants the ball to feet all the time but his touch is off. Needs to mix things up a bit for me.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Nisbet is a very good player. This wee dip in form - or at least a lack of goals in recent games - is exactly the reason he was right to stay at Hibs this season. Working through this spell will make him a better player. Had he gone elsewhere and had a spell of poor form, he’d likely be out of the picture and maybe struggle to cement his place in the team.

He should sign that contract extension, get that out of his mind, then just focus on his game.

He could easily have got a goal v the Arabs but the ball just wasn’t falling for him. It happens.