hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ally McLeod and Jackie McNamara were my first Hibs heroes. I remember Ally getting a fair bit of stick from the fans (fat lazy b..., etc.) but 99 goals in 276 matches for a generally pretty poor Hibs team speaks for itself.
    He played with his brain, which was phenomenal, and ran more than fans remember when he smelled a chance or a chance of an assist.

Saw him when he came back, after his stint with the Arabs, with Malcy Robertson and Alex Cropley in the same reserve team. Couldn't catch a cold but the brain was intact. Two assists. Great passer. ( Hibs got beat 2-3, against Dundee.)

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Just a reminder please that we don't allow discussions about other posters bans or posting style especially when they have no means of reply. The poster himself has been given a full explanation so no further discussions are required
    Last edited by Jay; 27-09-2021 at 09:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Nisbet included in the Scotland squad again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought Nisbet was carrying an injury?

He should really be resting during the International Break.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Nisbet included in the Scotland squad again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That only tells me Steve Clarke doesnt watch the games.............

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    What about Porto?

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    What about Porto?
    No Porto. McKenna is still in, Gallacher dropped

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    That only tells me Steve Clarke doesnt watch the games.............
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    No Porto. McKenna is still in, Gallacher dropped
    See my post above - same applies. If he was watching the season Porteous was having, he would (at very least) be along for the ride. I dont and never have rated McKenna.

Left by mutual consent!
    I don't and never have rated Steve Clarke

Porteous has been good, but has he been any better than before? He's always been pretty good with the odd howler thrown in.

He didn't cover himself in glory at St Mirren's first. I thought he looked a bit daft at the Dundee United goal. Then he was brilliant at the weekend.

Has he done enough to make Clarke change his mind? I'm not sure, but I've not seen any of the other CB's play to compare.

Porteous should certainly be part of the discussion but he's still a bit short of "no brainer" territory for me.

If he were to get a run for Scotland it could go one of two ways - he'd either look like he'd been playing at that level all his life and cement his place for the next few years or he'd make one of his howlers in his first appearance and never be seen on that stage again.

I'm surprised Porto isn't in the squad. He's been outstanding this season. And this is coming from his biggest critic last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Thought Nisbet was carrying an injury?

He should really be resting during the International Break.
    He isn't training just now. Looks like Scotland haven't done their homework.

I've been critical of some of his performances lately but I thought he was better than he has been on Sunday.

I think he is just lacking some confidence in front of goal as the three attempts he had he didn't look confident of scoring and also should of laid off the last one.

Testimonial Due
    Hibs fans talking down their own striker after getting called up for Scotland , saying he shouldn’t be there all because abit of lost form.

Genuinely hate the new breed of “supporters” / fans/social media. What kind of support is that for him. Every striker has loses form, was same stick Doidge use to get.

Hopefully time away with Scotland will give him a wee boost again to know faith still being shown in him and he can come back and truly start his season

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    Hibs fans talking down their own striker after getting called up for Scotland , saying he shouldn’t be there all because abit of lost form.

Genuinely hate the new breed of “supporters” / fans/social media. What kind of support is that for him. Every striker has loses form, was same stick Doidge use to get.

Hopefully time away with Scotland will give him a wee boost again to know faith still being shown in him and he can come back and truly start his season
    Well said. And yes, hopefully he'll get a wee boost from his involvement - just as Paul McGinn seemed to (another one called up while getting pelters on here).

I'm dreading the day we go two or three games without a win, It'll happen. Will be carnage on the socials.

If anything is going to give him a boost it'll be joining up with the Scotland squad. My only concern is his fitness. On a purely selfish level i'd have liked him to sit out the international break and do some recovery work at East Mains seeing as he isn't training at the moment. He might be back to full fitness by then though who knows.

He's supposed to be carrying an injury.

If so, I would much rather he was resting during the International break thus benefiting our own team when the the league business kicks off again.

Couldn't give a flying **** about Scotland to be honest.

If so, I would much rather he was resting during the International break thus benefiting our own team when the the league business kicks off again.

Was it an injury or illness? I'm not sure it's been confirmed.

Not being funny, but his form has been off since the transfer request and - worse - his goals have also dried up.

He doesnt even register on any current top goalscorer charts - for comparison, Doidge is still up there with 2 !!

Someone said elsewhere he had scored 4 league goals in 2021 - that is awful.

Jason Cummings, Blair Spittal and Eammon Brophy are all ahead of him on 2 this season.

I am by no means a "new breed" of anything, but its a fact that his form is crap, has been since January, and by any metric he doesnt deserve to be in that squad.

On the flipside, I would have Porto in there.

Left by mutual consent!

Yeah, I think a rest during the international break would have been ideal for him and us.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar

well said

First Team Breakthrough

Total agreement in Nisbet being called up for the Scotland squad should give him the confidence boost he currently needs.Leaving him out would have the opposite effect.

Doubt whether he will start either game,but bringing him on and maybe getting a goal would help him.

As to posts complaing about Porteous being left out.I have no doubts that he is still on Stevie Clarke’s radar and that his turn will come in future.

Not being funny, but his form has been off since the transfer request and - worse - his goals have also dried up.

He doesnt even register on any current top goalscorer charts - for comparison, Doidge is still up there with 2 !!

Jason Cummings, Blair Spittal and Eammon Brophy are all ahead of him on 2 this season.

I am by no means a "new breed" of anything, but its a fact that his form is crap, has been since January, and by any metric he doesnt deserve to be in that squad.

Have we been winning those games? Strikers dont just score goals.....especially when we only play 1 up top.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty

Cummings, Spittal and Brophey all have more league goals than Morelos this season too. I’m not sure what that proves though?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty

It’s always the same. Hanlon was getting no end of abuse last season, despite us having a really good defensive record, and him being called up to the Scotland squad.

Newells had it, Doidge has had it more than once.

Some Hibs fans cannae wait to stick the boot in to Hibs players.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Was it an injury or illness? I'm not sure it's been confirmed.
    Don't think so. All I heard was JR saying he hadn't been training for some reason or another.

The international break should have been used for him to recuperate and start a fresh on the return of the league.

I cant imagine Hibs will be that impressed with his inclusion of the National side this time.

Don't think so. All I heard was JR saying he hadn't been training for some reason or another.

The international break should have been used for him to recuperate and start a fresh on the return of the league.

I cant imagine Hibs will be that impressed with his inclusion of the National side this time.
    Hibs don't have to release him if he's not fit. If he was carrying an injury then I doubt Hibs would have let him go. If he couldn't train because he was unwell but has since recovered then there'd no reason to stop him - quite the opposite in fact.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    I suspect if he plays at all it will be as a substitute which will suit him down to the ground at the moment. Coming on with 20 mins to go when the defenders are tired could give him the space and opportunity he needs to get a goal and boost his confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Have we been winning those games? Strikers dont just score goals.....especially when we only play 1 up top.
    Appreciate that - my point was he wasnt playing particularly well (Doidge has been more effective up til his injury), but that could be forgotten to an extent if there were goals going in as well.

I like Nisbet, but he doesnt deserve this callup.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Cummings, Spittal and Brophey all have more league goals than Morelos this season too. I’m not sure what that proves though?
    I was only referencing Scottish players as the original point (I think) related to the call up for national squad.

Nisbet has a record of 1 in 3 this calendar year. That followed him being probably about 1 goal every 2 games from August to December last year.
    It's hardly awful form.

I've definitely found some of his performances frustrating recently but some of the reaction is way OTT.

Going away with the Scotland squad might help him improve his fitness and keep him motivated to stay in. Can't be a bad thing that he's included IMO - he's not injured as such.