hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Nisbet - Potential new contract

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...new-deal-stay/

Looks like we’re close to agreeing a new deal with Nisbet.

You’d imagine with him and Boyle getting these they will now be on a fair bit of money a week and likely be our top earners.

Imagine Porteous will be next.

Hopefully get Doidge’s contact sorted soon too once he’s back from injury and then there’s Scott Allan, all depends what he can do between now and January.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...new-deal-stay/

Looks like we’re close to agreeing a new deal with Nisbet.

You’d imagine with him and Boyle getting these they will now be on a fair bit of money a week and likely be our top earners.

Imagine Porteous will be next.

Hopefully get Doidge’s contact sorted soon too once he’s back from injury and then there’s Scott Allan, all depends what he can do between now and January.
    Ron isnt messing around thats for sure. I will be interested to see how much higher the wage bill is when the accounts are released. Keeping Boyle and Nisbet is better than any signing we could realistically make. Its a good time to be a hibby.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Would be quite extraordinary if we could keep him tbh, considering how desperate he was to go in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Would be quite extraordinary if we could keep him tbh, considering how desperate he was to go in January.
    This is nothing other than an opinion, but I can’t help but feel like he would have learned a lot from that move not going through.

Cosgrove went to Birmingham, hardly kicked a ball and is now out on loan at Shrewsbury. Birmingham would have been an awful move for him as they were kicking about the relegation zone.

Now maybe he’s realising that if he’s patient and does the job at Hibs he can earn more money plus wait until the right club comes along.

It felt a bit like he was in a rush to make up for lost time having dropped to Raith and worked his way back up.

Hopefully he continues and improves on his form and goals return.

The only thing he’s lacking for me is the expectancy for him to score. In big games etc I don’t have the same feeling I did with Cummings, Riordan, Griffiths etc that he would pop up with a goal.

Hopefully once he's signed it his performance levels will improve again, his goals tally without taking penalties isn't looking great this season so far and he looked a yard off it at the weekend.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Great news if he signs a new deal. I still don’t see him being here long term, but he must be reasonably settled if he’s signing a new contract.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post
    Hopefully once he's signed it his performance levels will improve again, his goals tally without taking penalties isn't looking great this season so far and he looked a yard off it at the weekend.
    Got to agree he has looked sluggish last few games so maybe this playing on his mind.

He has the quality that's for sure, but he needs to start showing it more consistently, he was awful at the weekend. Needs a big performance tonight and to start showing it in the 'bigger' games.
    Last edited by Jay; 23-09-2021 at 03:29 PM.

Good news, hopefully wrapped up quickly so he can fully refocus on the year ahead. We're relying upon him rather heavily.

Since getting in to see Hibs in the flesh I haven't been blown away by Nisbet so far this season.

I don't think the formation suits him that well but he's not been in good form.

If Doidge was fit then I'd be starting him in that position right now with Nisbet on the bench and having to raise his game to get a look in.

FWIW I think Nisbet is a cracking player who can improve further but he needs to start showing us more than he has in recent weeks.
    Last edited by Jay; 23-09-2021 at 03:31 PM.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    he wasn't well and there's a good chance he's suffering a hangover from that. Even a regular virus can knock people for 6 afterwards.

Nisbet is unfortunately being asked to play because we failed to recruit a striker. There is talk about his attitude and level of effort right now (not saying from yourself). We should give him a break and support him, not allow ourselves to get frustrated. We know he's off for 6, he'll know he's off form. Having him snatch at chances or feeling overly pressured won't do anyone bar our opposition any favours.
    Last edited by Jay; 23-09-2021 at 03:32 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    This is nothing other than an opinion, but I can’t help but feel like he would have learned a lot from that move not going through.

Cosgrove went to Birmingham, hardly kicked a ball and is now out on loan at Shrewsbury. Birmingham would have been an awful move for him as they were kicking about the relegation zone.

Now maybe he’s realising that if he’s patient and does the job at Hibs he can earn more money plus wait until the right club comes along.

It felt a bit like he was in a rush to make up for lost time having dropped to Raith and worked his way back up.

Hopefully he continues and improves on his form and goals return.

The only thing he’s lacking for me is the expectancy for him to score. In big games etc I don’t have the same feeling I did with Cummings, Riordan, Griffiths etc that he would pop up with a goal.
    Maybe he has had a chat with Super John while away on Scotland duty. SJM bided his time and got a great move that suited him and the club.
    Good news story anyway, seems to be in a happy place, hopefully he will kick on again.

Nisbet's got that hangdog expression so often seen on the faces of Hibs strikers through the years.

Left by mutual consent!
    Great to hear we're in negotiations with him. The extra dough might help to put a smile on his coupon. He's starting to remind me of Morelos! 😦
    Seriously, good news though and the eventual return of Doidge will spark him further.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post
    You can't really think he's been good recently? Awful in the Derby, miles away at the weekend. Hope he's not suffering adverse effects from his illness.

Yet again, a perceived negative opinion and you don't want to hear it so I should be launched. Things aren't always going to be great, get over it.
    Hasn't been great recently, I think the absence of Doidge effects him quite a bit, he will come good though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Nisbet has 3 goals from 9 in all competitions and 1 goal from 4 league games so far this season.
    Last edited by Jay; 23-09-2021 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    But are you happy we are trying to tie him down on a new deal? Nice to see the positives in situations and there is a lot to be positive about Hibs at the moment
    "Hopefully once he's signed it his performance levels will improve again" He literally said this at the top of the page. Of course he does, his performances have slipped, as could be the same for mcginn etc. He will come good, just lacking a bit confidence.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOn1875 View Post
    "Hopefully once he's signed it his performance levels will improve again" He literally said this at the top of the page. Of course he does, his performances have slipped, as could be the same for mcginn etc. He will come good, just lacking a bit confidence.
    Yep, we'll all be happy once he starts scoring regularly again.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Yep, we'll all be happy once he starts scoring regularly again.
    I agree mate. There's a great young player in there, people forget hes only 24 and still learning on the job, looking forward to seeing him in green for a while longer.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Nisbet's got that hangdog expression so often seen on the faces of Hibs strikers through the years.
    Lawrie Reilly, Joe Baker, Colin Stein, Alan Gordon, Jimmy O’Rourke, Gordon Durie, Stevie Cowan, Keith Wright, Darren Jackson, Derek Riordan, Steven Fletcher, Chris Killen, Jason Cummings, Dom Malonga. With the possible exception of Anthony Stokes, Gary O’Connor and Leigh Griffiths (and not because of their expression) I’d take any of them to meet my mum.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    But are you happy we are trying to tie him down on a new deal? Nice to see the positives in situations and there is a lot to be positive about Hibs at the moment
    I'm delighted he's keen on it, considering the situation we were in with him not so long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOn1875 View Post
    I agree mate. There's a great young player in there, people forget hes only 24 and still learning on the job, looking forward to seeing him in green for a while longer.
    I actually think the opposite to be honest regards his age, for me I think people think he’s about 22.

I know it’s not a huge difference as he just turned 24 in March but it may make a difference how much teams are willing to pay for him they might think he’s close to his full potential etc.

I've been quick to criticise him recently but getting him on a new contract can only be a good thing for both parties. Dont for get hes' a young lad and had a lot to deal with in a short space of time and and off the pitch. Cant blame him for his head being scrambled. Hopefully this will allow him a settled period he can just concentrate on football.
    Last edited by Jay; 23-09-2021 at 03:35 PM.

I actually think the opposite to be honest regards his age, for me I think people think he’s about 22.

I know it’s not a huge difference as he just turned 24 in March but it may make a difference how much teams are willing to pay for him they might think he’s close to his full potential etc.
    Yeah I can understand that. Just thinking as he could still have another 7/8 years left in him at the top level before starting to fade away depending on injuries etc. Think its hard for him to play the lone striker role and thought he looked much better when doidge/scott doing the dirty work that he doesn't enjoy.

Wasn't seriously linked with anyone all summer. Pretty obvious he wants to be here. Quality player. Goals will come, keeps getting himself into good positions

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    From Nisbet’s point of view I don’t get why he wouldn’t sign a new deal. I can’t see it making much, if any, difference to any fee we would get for him, but he gets an increase in pay now that reflects his contribution to the team.

@hibs.net private member
    KN has so much to offer and shows it in flashes but we really could use him turning up week in week out. He reminds me a lot of Darren Jackson, seriously good player but can be posted missing
    Last edited by Jay; 23-09-2021 at 03:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Lawrie Reilly, Joe Baker, Colin Stein, Alan Gordon, Jimmy O’Rourke, Gordon Durie, Stevie Cowan, Keith Wright, Darren Jackson, Derek Riordan, Steven Fletcher, Chris Killen, Jason Cummings, Dom Malonga. With the possible exception of Anthony Stokes, Gary O’Connor and Leigh Griffiths (and not because of their expression) I’d take any of them to meet my mum.

That's my vote for post of the year sorted out.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    What does that even mean? It's not uncommon for you to have plenty to say about other posters views and at times poking fun.

Nisbet hasn't exactly set the world a light this season has he? I'd even question if he's as good as he thinks he is given that he's 24.
    How good does he think he is and how did you find out?

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    How good does he think he is and how did you find out?
    And how does someone’s age relate to how good they think they are compared to how good they actually are?