hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye, it’s a complete nonsense. It’ll probably stick though. Anytime he doesn’t play well it’ll be “he needs to stop being so moody”.

Load of *****.
    I want a moody bad tempered goalscorer at Hibs, don't want one who is happy enough after a game no having scored.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    …and is able to play with his back to goal. He’s not great at either
    Is there anything you feel he is good at?

Keep in mind this is a guy who has scored 21 goals in 55 competitive games for Hibs.

We don’t really know what interest there has been in him. I see that point as a bit irrelevant.

Perhaps his wages are lower than the top tier guys at Hibs and he feels he deserves more. It would seem like the club agree?

Nisbet is still improving. I hope there is plenty more to come from him and would really like to see him playing here for at least another season.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    It's almost as if the folk posting that sort of stuff don't have Hibs best interests at heart and are looking to create a bit it animosity. I wonder why.
    It's almost as if some people don't like his attitude at times and want it to improve. How awful of them to suggest it.

As usual, if it's not all glory glory to the hibees, all players are class and have no weaknesses people are out with the yam insults.

It's possible to like Kevin Nisbet, love hibs and dislike a players performance and/or ability. I was a huge fan of his early season performances and was hoping he'd kick on from them, but I'm not enjoying his performances lately.
    Last edited by Mr. Wonderful; 25-09-2021 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post
    It's almost as if some people don't like his attitude at times and want it to improve. How awful of them to suggest it.

As usual, if it's not all glory glory to the hibees, all players are class and have no weaknesses people are out with the yam insults.

It's possible to like Kevin Nisbet, love hibs and dislike a players performance and/or ability. I was a huge fan of his early season performances and was hoping he'd kick on from them, but I'm not enjoying his performances lately.

Why question his attitude, the laddie is playing ***** at the moment, every player goes through a period like that, especially strikers. How many were calling for Doidge to be nowhere near the team when he was going through his barren spell, me included and not once did I question Doidge's attitude, I just thought at that time he was honking but he came good again. Kevin needs a wee spell on the bench but unfortunately we re so threadbare up front there's no one to take his place, Gullan isn't in Ross's plans and Scott is a beefed up winger.

Left by mutual consent!

Well said 👏

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Why question his attitude, the laddie is playing ***** at the moment, every player goes through a period like that, especially strikers. How many were calling for Doidge to be nowhere near the team when he was going through his barren spell, me included and not once did I question Doidge's attitude, I just thought at that time he was honking but he came good again. Kevin needs a wee spell on the bench but unfortunately we re so threadbare up front there's no one to take his place, Gullan isn't in Ross's plans and Scott is a beefed up winger.
    Why do you think sitting on the bench will get his form back, after Doidge done the exact opposite?

Nisbet should and will continue playing every week.

Why not? I don't necessarily agree with it or like it but that alone doesn't mean it's incorrect or not worth discussing. And it certainly doesn't make the person with that opinion a double agent

Why not? I don't necessarily agree with it or like it but that alone doesn't mean it's incorrect or not worth discussing. And it certainly doesn't make the person with that opinion a double agent
    It always seems a get out clause when players are going through a rough patch, instead of saying he's trying hard but nothing's working for him, lets just say he's a non trier with an attitude.

It always seems a get out clause when players are going through a rough patch, instead of saying he's trying hard but nothing's working for him, lets just say he's a non trier with an attitude.
    What seems silly to you might not to others.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    He was rotten in the derby and last week.
    Nonsense was good n the Derby on another day scores two or three. You do seem to have some sort of agendas against our strikers for some odd reason.

He was good away to Motherwell, good at home to Rijeka, he didn't play v Ross County where Doidge was outstanding, he was as good as a man short away in Rijeka, ok v Killie and scored, ok v Livi and scored a great goal, terrible v Hearts, terrible v St Mirren and awful last night.
    Honestly your review of his performances are miles off honestly not sure you have a clue what you are talking about. The same guy starting for Scotland in that period. He doesn't owe you money does he.

The attitude thing is utter made up nonsense.

…and is able to play with his back to goal. He’s not great at either
    Not great at scoring goals clearly having a laugh.

Left by mutual consent!
    6 goals for Hibs since Boxing Day. All competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Give it a rest.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Give it a rest.
    We need him scoring goals to have a successful season. That's not even a debate.

We need him scoring goals to have a successful season. That's not even a debate.
    ''we need players to play well for us to do well'' Duh

So if we win 3-1 and he doesn’t score you reckon he has to do better? Let’s change the system. Play 2 up top have him scoring every week but we lose the games? It’s not just about scoring goals for the single striker.

Left by mutual consent!
    So if we win 3-1 and he doesn’t score you reckon he has to do better? Let’s change the system. Play 2 up top have him scoring every week but we lose the games? It’s not just about scoring goals for the single striker.
    I get that and we are fortunate goals are coming from midfield just now but that only lasts so long.

Hopefully this is a chance for him to knuckle down and work that wee bit harder for the team and to develop himself playing up front on his own. We need him to.

I get that and we are fortunate goals are coming from midfield just now but that only lasts so long.

Hopefully this is a chance for him to knuckle down and work that wee bit harder for the team and to develop himself playing up front on his own. We need him to.
    It’s not fortunate its by design.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Yep, it's sort of how the loan striker thing works.

Left by mutual consent!
    Sorry, but I think very few teams are good enough to play like that. Nisbet isn't a tall slow hold up man nor a false 9, he is a number 9. We need him 100% mentally and physically to allow us to get where we want to get to this season under the circumstances. The defence to counter the side of the debate that is questioning his attitude and mentality is becoming more and more skewed by the day.

How difficult is it to just want a striker to be sharp holding the ball up better and contributing goals for the team. He is a Scotland international after all.
    Last edited by Allez Hibs; 25-09-2021 at 09:24 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Yep, it's sort of how the loan striker thing works.
    Yet some "lone" striker's are prolific. Harry Kane is unreal as a lone striker.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Oops - yes, lone.

And yes - some, but not all.

Before today, Hibs were 2nd top scorers in the SPL and with 21 goals from 12 competitive matches. Nisbet's played his part in that despite not being on scoring form himself.

Nisbet's a cracking forward to have at our disposal and hope that he does stay a bit longer.

What I don't get it is any criticism of a Hibernian team that wins 3 - 1 away from home. We seen the game out albeit by defending for our lives most of the second half against a very tidy DUFC team which if it had an attacking force such as ours would easily be competing in the top half of the table.

We won as most good teams do by taking our opportunities and preventing the opposition from scoring more goals than us.

We've got a very good team here and a top notch manager who has come on leaps and bounds at ER.

Long may it continue.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Why are you still peddling this *****? Its not true, and you know it.

It’s 9 goals since Boxing Day. Plus an international goal against the minnows of Holland.

The attitude thing is utter made up nonsense.
    I don't agree with it but it's not made up, it's an assessment the person's made and formed an opinion on and that's fair enough.

This is where sensible debate goes to die.

Genuinely wtf is wrong with you. You clearly hate Hibs and take no pleasure from any thing we do. A troll a yam or a masochist.
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 25-09-2021 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Genuinely wtf is wring with you. You clearly hate Hibs and take no pleasure from any thought by we do. A troll a yam or a masochist.
    He's got a point though. Don't like it at all but Boyce has been playing as a lone striker and has quite a few goals this season now. Ramirez at Aberdeen too.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Genuinely wtf is wring with you. You clearly hate Hibs and take no pleasure from any thought by we do. A troll a yam or a masochist.
    Is your post really necessary? Standard "yam" response to an opinion thats different on here. Are we not allowed to analyse how a player with potential is performing and want him to improve? Deary me.